ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
thanks for the rear windshield suggestion on Draggy-i have to try that. I have a Turbo S and did a pre and post Redshift Draggies, but they all are invalid due to low satelites. I must say that not even after the upgrade did i see a 10.33 at 131. I saw a 10.5 at 129. The battery was at 80% and battery temp at about 85 F.
What year is your TS?
Can you take a picture how you mounted the Draggy in the rear windshield and share please?
My car is a 2021 TS. I've had it for about 2 to 3 months and only had invalid runs on draggy due to something in the glass on this car that blocks satellite locks from draggy it seems.

I will post pics of the mounts later today.

Another suggestion is to not let your car connect to your phone via wireless Apple carplay or Android Auto. Will increase your chances of getting good satellite locks. I plugged my phone in the center console to get wired android auto for these runs.
I came up with this idea because even on my old cars where I usually don't have a problem with satellite connections, I will not get a good satellite lock if I'm talking on the phone on Bluetooth while connected to wireless Android auto and running the Draggy
Sponsored

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
.........,.............. I must say that not even after the upgrade did i see a 10.33 at 131. I saw a 10.5 at 129. The battery was at 80% and battery temp at about 85 F.
To answer this part of your post, your time (10.5@129) is faster (trapspeeds ) than my stock car under similar conditions.
My soc for the faster runs were all 90% and higher. Try that too, charge up to 100% before you go do runs.

Once the battery drops down to 88% and lower, my trap speeds starts dropping rapidly. Zero to 60 will remain the same the same all the way down to -60% soc.

I typically run 10.5-10.6@125-127mph with a SOC of 60%-88% (faster at the higher soc obviously).
The vast Majority of my runs have been a 10.5x et, but the trapspeeds change the most from 125mph through 127mph depending on my SOC.
The top end suffers the most on these cars with a battery soc below 90%.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
Hello! Are u happy with the redshift boost? I'm thinking of making the upgrade as well but wanna hear more thoughts about it! Thanks
now that they offer an OBD option with sending you a clone ASG it’s a no brainer. Especially if you have a GTS or turbo. It completely transforms your car and you will realize how “slow” the stock version is. Biggest difference is when you have other people with you while driving. The amount of power you get is unbelievable.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
now that they offer an OBD option with sending you a clone ASG it’s a no brainer. Especially if you have a GTS or turbo. It completely transforms your car and you will realize how “slow” the stock version is. Biggest difference is when you have other people with you while driving. The amount of power you get is unbelievable.
Wish I trusted the car enough to do this. Really glad to see the options are out there.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I ran a 10.3 in my M8 earlier this year and 10.4 in my E63s a year and half ago playing with tire pressures and testing out different launches on the different cars. So you can say I'm a drag racing aficionado 😂😂

I'm going to invite much criticism by pointing out that the 'Draggy' times appear quite optimistic. I'd take the car to a real drag strip and post the slip. My experience with other cars I've owned, taking them to the drag strip, it's difficult to match the car magazines times. They have professional drivers and know what to do to optimize times. Car and Driver tested the E63S and got 11.1 sec for the 1/4 mile. My guess is your Taycan times are somewhat optimistic.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I ran a 10.3 in my M8 earlier this year and 10.4 in my E63s a year and half ago playing with tire pressures and testing out different launches on the different cars. So you can say I'm a drag racing aficionado 😂😂

I'm going to invite much criticism by pointing out that the 'Draggy' times appear quite optimistic. I'd take the car to a real drag strip and post the slip. My experience with other cars I've owned, taking them to the drag strip, it's difficult to match the car magazines times. They have professional drivers and know what to do to optimize times. Car and Driver tested the E63S and got 11.1 sec for the 1/4 mile. My guess is your Taycan times are somewhat optimistic.
The Updated Dragy that is being used is accurate to a hundredth of a second

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag

Actually it really isn't optimistic at all, I run the same times with my Racebox as well but it doesn't have a great interface like the draggy screenshots give you.

Also, I guess I did not mention my M8 and my e63 were both quite modified. My e63 had every tune known to man customized over several months of street logging and fine-tuning the tunes. I had the CPC, TCU and ECU tunes along with a ptg intake. Basically it had everything outside of an exhaust (which doesn't do a things on this platform performance wise) and bigger turbos to be able to run a 10.4. At that point my tuner told me I was out of fuel in the tunes and needed a HPFP modification to make any more power or go any faster
My M8 has the racechip, catless secondary downpipes, full dinan intake system including the inlet to be able to run at 10.3.
NOTE: My E63 was actually, quite a bit faster than my M8 despite the M8 having a better quarter mile time (ET). Trap Speeds were 136.xx (E63) and 133.xx (M8).
Both gasoline cars had to be under ideal conditions meaning 40°F out for the M8 and 20°F out for the E63. Any thing outside of that slowed the cars down significantly (best of 10.5 for both cars, but much lower trap speeds).
And that still took over 20 runs each over the course of a few months plus playing with launching and tire pressures, to get the times down to those

Last edited:
OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Yeah I've been drag racing since the late 90s, from high 11 second mustangs (wooooow those were stupid fast back then 😂) through high 10 Second e55 AMG and w212 e63 AMG.
Learned a thing or two cos I've done a thing or two (cue Farmers insurance jingo). Previous times were all from the dragstrip and I have run my draggy at the strip as well in the past with the E55 AMG and E63. Even though they could be as much as a 10th of a second off back then, it was a lot more like 100th of a second difference most runs.
Draggy has gotten more and more accurate with time

To add to my "credentials" did I mention I have a -1000rwhp manual transmission ZR1 Corvette that makes launching any of the above cars seem so easy a caveman could do it? 🤣🤣🤣

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag

look at this

10.37 @130.02 was achievable on the strip on a 2020 TS, so i think @ElectricV8Biturbo numbers are believable, especially considering that Redshift claims a boost in horsepower of 800+ as well.
Plus, that 2020 Turbo S hit those numbers before Porsche released a performance update for it:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46078628/2023-porsche-taycan-turbo-s-quicker-acceleration-test/

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
how about Bluetooth only-any interference? different frequency spectrum...
Not sure, but I know that I had a lot more luck when I plugged in my phone to the center console (cable out, phone in cupholder).
Everything was on, Bluetooth etc. So I was still fully connected to the car playing music etc on the run (obviously paused the music on my phone).
PS do not forget to manually turn off the AC, it's worth up to 2mph on the trapspeed.

I will attach pics of the draggy in my next post (on my computer, pics on my phone)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, if E63 and M8 were highly modified that makes a big difference. I'd still have more confidence in an actual dragstrip time slip. The 10.33 is one of the best times I've seen, and if you're not on a dragstrip, that is very tough. But, if the E63 and M8 were highly modified, I retract my comment.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
..................... I have a Turbo S and did a pre and post Redshift Draggies, but they all are invalid due to low satelites. I must say that not even after the upgrade did i see a 10.33 at 131. I saw a 10.5 at 129. The battery was at 80% and battery temp at about 85 F.
As a side note, I feel like the Redshift tune will probably not give me more than a 10.1/10.2 et with 133-134mph trapspeed. I am basing this on the 2mph difference between me and @iamai. He is exactly 2 mph faster post tune at a similar SOC of 80% (I do 126-127mph around that SOC)

I will mostly enjoy having all 800HP on tap for the times when I want to push the pedal and also not having adaptive learning muddle my throttle response as it does nowadays.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
As a side note, I feel like the Redshift tune will probably not give me more than a 10.1/10.2 et with 133-134mph trapspeed. I am basing this on the 2mph difference between me and @iamai. He is exactly 2 mph faster post tune at a similar SOC of 80% (I do 126-127mph around that SOC)

I will mostly enjoy having all 800HP on tap for the times when I want to push the pedal and also not having adaptive learning muddle my throttle response as it does nowadays.
yeah, that full power is satisfying not only at launch but when passing--OMG.
i think Redshift also offers reprogramming of the throttle response and a stronger regen breaking, but i did not add those.

btw, thanks for the link for the bracket. otherwise it looked odd.
Sponsored