C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
Wanted to introduce myself - a new(ish) owner and member of the forum based in San Francisco.

With the factory warranty expiring, I traded in my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ST in April for a 2023 Taycan GTS ST in Dolomite Silver / Slate Race-Tex interior, and here it is as of now:
Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_1024

Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_1021

Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_1005

Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_1007

Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_1019

3 topics to share:

1. Comparing between the Taycan ST and Panamera ST:
Taycan‘s power delivery is much smoother and more intense, and the low center of gravity makes the driving experience much more engaging despite weighing about the same as a Panamera (the E-Hybrid sports a 300lb battery pack right behind the rear axle). Newer tech, such as the updated PCM and panoramic roof with variable light control, are of course welcomed and more intuitive to operate. There’s also more storage, especially with a frunk.​
The Panamera does compare favorably in interior refinement, such as soft-close doors, window sunblinds, and overall build quality. Granted, I’m comparing a 4 with premium package+ with full leather vs a GTS. The PDK experience is hard to beat, and I also wish Taycan wagons come with Panamera ST’s adaptive rear spoiler.​
Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_0695
Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy SpeedSF-_S2A3435

2. Wheels are Aston Forged AF992s (GT3-style) in brushed clear.
I’m a big fan of 992 GT3 wheels (second to Manthey Racing’s wheels for the GT3), so wanted to try out Aston Forged‘s offering. They’re machined-to-order from forged AL6061-T6 monoblocks, and it was an overall seamless experience - the wheels arrived 2 weeks ahead of schedule (from approval of 3D drawings to delivery was ~5 weeks), finishing was excellent, with frequent updates throughout the process.​
Specs are:​
  • F: 21x9.5 +42; 275/35/21 ND0 Cup 2s; combined 56lbs
  • R: 21x11.5 +51; 315/30/21 N0 Cup 2s; combined 61lbs
I settled on lower offsets by 18mm in the front and 15mm in the rear for the wheels before deciding on going with Cup 2s due to a national backorder on NF0 PS 4S. Those tires extend further by 5mm vs Goodyears, bringing the total to +23mm in the front and +20mm in the rear vs stock. I was expecting some rubbing, but happy to report none so far even on ‘low’ setting.​
The upside is an increase in tread contact width to 9.5”F and 12”R (from 9.3”F and 11.3”R) and a minor reduction in rotating mass (my 21” Exclusive Designs weigh 57lbs in the front and 64lbs in the rear with fully inflated Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5s). I am also running titanium lug bolts by Acer Racing.​

3. On the exterior…
The car was spec’ed with black door handles to visually extend the power charge port - carbon mirrors - door handles through line, but I could not stand how the black bases make the mirrors look like they were grafted onto the doors, and did not care for the black door handles, so had the mirror base, door handles and rear reflectors wrapped in Dolomite Silver vinyl from Teckwrap, which match well in neutral lighting.​
Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_0746
To:​
Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_0992
Also, to add to the collective knowledge base, I added Fabspeed’s anti-wind buffeting deflectors made of prepreg carbon. I had suspected Porsche uses the same A-pillar window triangle (or at least in dimensions) between 992s and Taycans based on eyeballing, but wasn’t 100% sure. Took the plunge due to extreme wind buffeting at Thunderhill Raceway that gave me a headache, and Fabspeed allowing returns if they did not fit. Happy to report these fit perfectly, and this means many other options on the market that are attached by adhesives, such as the Rennline version made from aluminum, will fit as well in case anyone is looking for a solution to buffeting.​
Porsche Taycan ‘23 Taycan GTS Sport Turismo ST - Daily family wagon, occasional track toy IMG_0996

Much thanks to @SignatureJames and @Persuader on helping me on wheel specs, and @ciaranob on removal of the eyesore rear plate holder.

Hope to get together with more Taycan owners for DEs or events to come — such as track days with my local silver wagon twin @bsclywilly!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Wanted to introduce myself - a new(ish) owner and member of the forum based in San Francisco.

With the factory warranty expiring, I traded in my Panamera 4 E-Hybrid ST in April for a 2023 Taycan GTS ST in Dolomite Silver / Slate Race-Tex interior, and here it is as of now:
IMG_1024.jpeg

IMG_1021.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

3 topics to share:

1. Comparing between the Taycan ST and Panamera ST:
Taycan‘s power delivery is much smoother and more intense, and the low center of gravity makes the driving experience much more engaging despite weighing about the same as a Panamera (the E-Hybrid sports a 300lb battery pack right behind the rear axle). Newer tech, such as the updated PCM and panoramic roof with variable light control, are of course welcomed and more intuitive to operate. There’s also more storage, especially with a frunk.​
The Panamera does compare favorably in interior refinement, such as soft-close doors, window sunblinds, and overall build quality. Granted, I’m comparing a 4 with premium package+ with full leather vs a GTS. The PDK experience is hard to beat, and I also wish Taycan wagons come with Panamera ST’s adaptive rear spoiler.​
IMG_0695.jpeg
SpeedSF-_S2A3435.jpeg

2. Wheels are Aston Forged AF992s (GT3-style) in brushed clear.
I’m a big fan of 992 GT3 wheels (second to Manthey Racing’s wheels for the GT3), so wanted to try out Aston Forged‘s offering. They’re machined-to-order from forged AL6061-T6 monoblocks, and it was an overall seamless experience - the wheels arrived 2 weeks ahead of schedule (from approval of 3D drawings to delivery was ~5 weeks), finishing was excellent, with frequent updates throughout the process.​
Specs are:​
  • F: 21x9.5 +42; 275/35/21 ND0 Cup 2s; combined 56lbs
  • R: 21x11.5 +51; 315/30/21 N0 Cup 2s; combined 61lbs
I settled on lower offsets by 18mm in the front and 15mm in the rear for the wheels before deciding on going with Cup 2s due to a national backorder on NF0 PS 4S. Those tires extend further by 5mm vs Goodyears, bringing the total to +23mm in the front and +20mm in the rear vs stock. I was expecting some rubbing, but happy to report none so far even on ‘low’ setting.​
The upside is an increase in tread contact width to 9.5”F and 12”R (from 9.3”F and 11.3”R) and a minor reduction in rotating mass (my 21” Exclusive Designs weigh 57lbs in the front and 64lbs in the rear with fully inflated Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 5s). I am also running titanium lug bolts by Acer Racing.​

3. On the exterior…
The car was spec’ed with black door handles to visually extend the power charge port - carbon mirrors - door handles through line, but I could not stand how the black bases make the mirrors look like they were grafted onto the doors, and did not care for the black door handles, so had the mirror base, door handles and rear reflectors wrapped in Dolomite Silver vinyl from Teckwrap, which match well in neutral lighting.​
IMG_0746.jpeg
To:​
IMG_0992.jpeg
Also, to add to the collective knowledge base, I added Fabspeed’s anti-wind buffeting deflectors made of prepreg carbon. I had suspected Porsche uses the same A-pillar window triangle (or at least in dimensions) between 992s and Taycans based on eyeballing, but wasn’t 100% sure. Took the plunge due to extreme wind buffeting at Thunderhill Raceway that gave me a headache, and Fabspeed allowing returns if they did not fit. Happy to report these fit perfectly, and this means many other options on the market that are attached by adhesives, such as the Rennline version made from aluminum, will fit as well in case anyone is looking for a solution to buffeting.​
IMG_0996.jpeg

Much thanks to @SignatureJames and @Persuader on helping me on wheel specs, and @ciaranob on removal of the eyesore rear plate holder.

Hope to get together with more Taycan owners for DEs or events to come — such as track days with my local silver wagon twin @bsclywilly!

Cheers,
Chris
Great post :) Stance and wheel offsets transformative - car is night and day better as a result - congrats all-round!

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I like this one very much: body color and particularly the wheels. (But still think my Mamba with silver/black Mission E is just right too😉.)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I am not a fan of silver cars. Had one once and never went back. That said, I must say @C17r15 , you managed to make a silver Taycan look really good - best silver car I've seen. I have a white one, the only thing I wish it had would be a matte black window trim, but that there is no such option.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Took the plunge due to extreme wind buffeting at Thunderhill Raceway that gave me a headache
Aerodynamically it is faster to drive with windows closed.

I am guessing that maybe in the USA that isn’t allowed on track days???

If you have to have the driver window open opening the rear two windows ½” stops the resonance - it is like sitting inside a bass flute otherwise!

Don’t know for sure though whether having the back windows open a bit adds as much drag as the deflector does!

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
@C17r15 car looks great! Love the new wheels. Way better than the Taycan Spyder wheels which are too blocky and lacking detail imo.

I have some wind deflectors too but found they didn’t solve the wind buffeting completely but at least it wasn’t as bad at higher speeds. I take them off when not on the track though because they cause some wind noise with the windows up. @f1eng, most track organizations require windows fully down here.

See you at the track!

CraigUrch

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Would you mind posting a close up shot of one of the wheels to better show the detail, I'm looking for a set of summer wheels for my 23 GTS ST and I like the look of these.

lwc1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
nice write up, car looks amazing!!!

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Aerodynamically it is faster to drive with windows closed.

I am guessing that maybe in the USA that isn’t allowed on track days???

If you have to have the driver window open opening the rear two windows ½” stops the resonance - it is like sitting inside a bass flute otherwise!

Don’t know for sure though whether having the back windows open a bit adds as much drag as the deflector does!
In my one and only HPDE track day, it was windows open only - which made a torrential downpour a real challenge. Let’s just say I went in early that session to spare my paldao.

OP
OP

C17r15

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTS ST
Country flag
Thanks everyone!

Would you mind posting a close up shot of one of the wheels to better show the detail, I'm looking for a set of summer wheels for my 23 GTS ST and I like the look of these.
Will do - even though it is my daily, reality of living in the city is I pull the car out pretty sparingly.
Sponsored