Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I can't see it going from being on a par with the v1 Turbo to leaping ahead of the v2 Turbo S.
I had this argument with the person that works with an Audi distributor in Europe. He said it would be called the E-Tron GT Performance that would be above the RS E-Tron GT and would have 1000hp.
Technically it would be a new category of E-Tron GT and the RS would still be in par with Taycan Turbo.
E-Tron GT
RS E-Tron GT
E-Tron GT Performance

It's all going to be the same hardware as the higher performance Taycans, but Taycan Turbo GT having the 900amp inverter being the only difference.
Also Taycan will get the hydraulic suspension, not the Audis

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Porsche and Audi don’t realize the damage that they are doing to themselves with this nonsense. Framing these electric vehicles in a HP, 0-60, and range context/value prop misses the point of what is actually great about them for the daily use which real people buy them for. I am all for building excitement within a brand but this isn’t the way to do it.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche and Audi don’t realize the damage that they are doing to themselves with this nonsense. Framing these electric vehicles in a HP, 0-60, and range context/value prop misses the point of what is actually great about them for the daily use which real people buy them for. I am all for building excitement within a brand but this isn’t the way to do it.
Problem is the other OEMs like Lucid and T have made this focus of their products

Last edited:

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Huge horsepower numbers are exciting to drivers, and that's nothing new. At the same time, I'd love to see significant research put into battery weight reduction and energy density rather than just adding more power.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Huge horsepower numbers are exciting to drivers, and that's nothing new. At the same time, I'd love to see significant research put into battery weight reduction and energy density rather than just adding more power.
Yes! This would actually make a difference….enabling both efficient cars at one end of the spectrum and lighter weight performance cars at the other.

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There hasn't been a breakthrough in battery technology since the Li Ion. This technology is not the answer.
Hopefully Solid State batteries will help, but that's not for another decade, at scale.

Untill then it looks like more HP and ways to hide the weight, like the Taycan does, will be the trajectory.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I think this is exactly the way to do it. We’ve all heard how EVs are trending towards homogeneity, and how differentiation across brands will be limited to esthetics. Well, this is proof that isn’t true - not all manufacturers will have interest or be capable of producing a useable 1000hp vehicle. This kind of car energizes the company’s employees, sells in limited numbers and polishes the manufacturer’s credentials as an innovator/pursuer of “better”. There’s no downside, really.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think this is exactly the way to do it. We’ve all heard how EVs are trending towards homogeneity, and how differentiation across brands will be limited to esthetics. Well, this is proof that isn’t true - not all manufacturers will have interest or be capable of producing a useable 1000hp vehicle. This kind of car energizes the company’s employees, sells in limited numbers and polishes the manufacturer’s credentials as an innovator/pursuer of “better”. There’s no downside, really.
ok…..🙃

OP
OP
Mr.Smith

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like the new Audi E-Tron GT Performance will get the same hydraulic suspension feature at the Taycan
Porsche Taycan 2025 RS E-Tron GT facelift, 1000hp SmartSelect_20240415_160120_YouTube

New more aggressive front intakes
Porsche Taycan 2025 RS E-Tron GT facelift, 1000hp Screenshot_20240415_155518_YouTube

Porsche Taycan 2025 RS E-Tron GT facelift, 1000hp Screenshot_20240415_155521_YouTube
I

Last edited: