Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
If you want to pay $13 you can get a dump from vinanalytics.com using the VIN in the listing.
This is really useful IME.
Sponsored

rim23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The deal is to lease first, ask for 12-14% off MSRP and the lease rebates totaling $22.5K.

Your GTS choice looks great…does it have rear axel steering? A must IMO. Good luck.
Just out of curiosity- can you please explain what the lease rebates are? (For a non-us person :) )

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can still get the $7, 500 EV credit by leasing, and for now at least - Porsche is giving some more $ (that dealers are matching) - I think it's $15k total in most cases. That's for 2024 models though - for 2025, I wouldn't expect more then a few grand off and the $7,500 credit (if you're leasing).

I work with a bunch of Porsche dealers - pm me if you want me to connect you with someone to help on pricing/ordering/etc..

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
Working through this option now. Also considering downgrading to a 4S. I really don't think I need the extra horsepower. My Plaid's 1020HP made me wet my pants every time I actually used it. My priority is the Porsche handling and fun factor. The Taycan can never match the software / range of a Model S. Once I get past that, the choice should be simple.

Cincy
I don't understand why you want a discount. This actually means that you already paid too much for the car. I think Tesla's strategy is much better, because then you know that everyone pays the same and you are not paying too much at that moment. If you force 5% from Porsche and a week later someone manages to get 9%, I would feel cheated. You not?

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I don't understand why you want a discount. This actually means that you already paid too much for the car. I think Tesla's strategy is much better, because then you know that everyone pays the same and you are not paying too much at that moment. If you force 5% from Porsche and a week later someone manages to get 9%, I would feel cheated. You not?
The art of the haggle is part of a long American car buying tradition. Up front pricing is dealer dependent, however, as even some premium brands now display a single "price you pay" on all models. It all depends on the dealership.
Tesla is different since they own all the locations in the US.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
[..] I think Tesla's strategy is much better, because then you know that everyone pays . [..] If you force 5% from Porsche and a week later someone manages to get 9%, I would feel cheated. You not?
Lol. Would you feel better if you knew that everyone pays 10% less a week after you paid full price? Because that’s exactly the Tesla strategy.

If someone manages to get a better deal, kudos to them. With cars, that’s easy to accept - it was your decision (to buy or not, what to pay etc.); not so easy in other aspects of life.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I see the wisdom in your argument. In fact, I have found a 2024 GTS on the lot that is loaded to the gills with options. It is listed at the same price as MSRP for the 2025 4S I configured. I could be happy with this car. I am retired so range is not a big deal to me. This is a fun car and I have a charger at home. Stay tuned. I am going to meet with the sales guy. If I can get a good discount, there may be a deal here.

https://www.porschetampa.com/inventory/new-2024-porsche-taycan-gts-awd-4dr-car-wp0ad2y1xrsa47929/
Contacted the dealer for the Build Sheet to save you $13 in VIN analytics. See attached.
One thing I was looking for was Rear Axle Steering and PDCC are not on it but it is not a deal breaker in my view. Otherwise, very loaded on other things such as VLC Roof.

Attachments

eisenb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The goal is to get the best possible deal that you can. Just because someone else got 10% doesn't mean that I would be able to do the same because the ability to haggle depends on so many factors like location, the salesperson, the mood of sales manager, time of month, etc. If I'm happy enough with the deal to pull the trigger, then it doesn't really matter how good or bad others did.

A "fixed price" is not really much better. It just means everyone gets hosed equally whereas with normal car dealers, those who can haggle get hosed less.

Plus, Tesla adjusts their pricing all the time so you can still end up feeling shafted. Model 3 Performances are going now for much less than I got mine for. At least I went a couple of years before they dropped the price by a ton. Imagine having bought the car a week before...

OP
OP

Cincy2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Mercedes EQB
Country flag
Contacted the dealer for the Build Sheet to save you $13 in VIN analytics. See attached.
One thing I was looking for was Rear Axle Steering and PDCC are not on it but it is not a deal breaker in my view. Otherwise, very loaded on other things such as VLC Roof.
Thank you very much Sergey. That was incredibly kind of you. I agree. Not required. There are more than enough options to compensate for it. The chalk body is gorgeous. Black and burgundy interior is lust worthy. The seats fit my 5'9" body like a glove.

To cut to the chase, I closed a lease on the 2024 GTS. The deal was too good to refuse. Cap cost was 12% off of MSRP. They bought my Model S for a value that was only a few thousand less than the sell price of several Plaids listed on Autotrader. Got $17K in lease rebates. It's a 39 month lease but it has provisions for me to get out at 24 if I want to get out. The car had Goodrich tires so I got them to throw in a fresh set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s's and....all weather rubber mats. I drove the car and after that event they could have offered me anything and I would have agreed. Sooooo different than the Plaid. Acceleration on the freeway on ramp was all I will ever need.. Just a joy to handle.

Thanks to all for the assist. I won't miss anything the new 2025 has to offer.

Cincy

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
The chalk body is gorgeous. Black and burgundy interior is lust worthy.

To cut to the chase, I closed a lease on the 2024 GTS. The deal was too good to refuse.
Chalk for the win!

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I got zero discount on MY25 Taycan. With the new Macan now out and likely to generate a lot of sales for Porsche I suspect there will be less pressure to shift Taycans at this point.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got zero discount on MY25 Taycan. With the new Macan now out and likely to generate a lot of sales for Porsche I suspect there will be less pressure to shift Taycans at this point.
I suspect once they clear the MY2024 backlog, they'll probably have lower expectations for the 2025 sales and will make fewer Taycans overall.

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
The goal is to get the best possible deal that you can. Just because someone else got 10% doesn't mean that I would be able to do the same because the ability to haggle depends on so many factors like location, the salesperson, the mood of sales manager, time of month, etc. If I'm happy enough with the deal to pull the trigger, then it doesn't really matter how good or bad others did.

A "fixed price" is not really much better. It just means everyone gets hosed equally whereas with normal car dealers, those who can haggle get hosed less.

Plus, Tesla adjusts their pricing all the time so you can still end up feeling shafted. Model 3 Performances are going now for much less than I got mine for. At least I went a couple of years before they dropped the price by a ton. Imagine having bought the car a week before...
The fact that Tesla is adjusting their prices downwards is because they come from an almost monopolistic market (this is called skimming). Once their prices have reached what would be normal, they will be forced to adjust their prices upwards annually. And then you will be happy to know that wherever you buy a Tesla you have to pay the same price.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
That is what the dealer system calls for. During times like the pandemic dealers got to ask for ADM, in some cased as much as $50K over sticker. I remember trying to buy a Mercedes in 2022 and dealer telling me all of their stock is going to California at MSRP+$25K - good for them, free market!. The flip side of course is that in times when the demand softens, you can negotiate under sticker (if I wanted an EQS today I could really beat them up on price). Tesla just adjusts prices for everyone (though technically it's not quite true, there is some room for negotiations towards some quarter end pushes, but that's a different topic for a different forum - I managed to negotiate one of 4 Teslas I bought). During the pandemic (when I was shopping for a Taycan) the worst was one dealer who wanted a non-refundable $15K ADM just to get on a waiting list for allocations, no guarantees whatsoever (they did call with a 2024 allocation at some point last year, even though I did not pay $15K to get on the list - I already had my 2023 so had zero interest in it by then). Dealer system is just different than Tesla, negotiations are expected. To be honest, I prefer the Tesla system, even though I think I'm pretty good at negotiating (I bought many new cars in my life, the only cars I paid MSRP were 3 of the 4 Teslas, never paid over MSRP).

To your point about finding out someone else got a better deal, no different than buying a Tesla and finding out they discounted the same car $5K a month later. Personally I don't see why people have a problem, they got what they ordered for a price they agreed to pay, why the outrage. I have experienced it myself, one of the Teslas I got was discounted $3K a month later, didn't bother me at all, why would it. While I see Tesla customers throwing fits over future discounts, I somehow don't see any raging over wanting to send Tesla additional money when they raise prices. People need to stop being so entitled.
Sponsored