Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Savage Gees does the best technical review on the suspension.
I love how in their regular reviews they put the car up on a lift while discussing the suspension.
Although with the new active ride option, perhaps nothing of interest is visible?

I was surprised that the vague brake feeling became worse with hot calipers.
I would have thought that the electronic system would allow for a constant feel, even if consistently vague.

Either way, this review got me interested in eventually replacing my 4CT eventually with the facelift version!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks for sharing- I look forward to working my way through these. I started with Rory's (Autotrader) and got the thoughtful conclusion I'd expect from him- Bravo Porsche for a technical tour-de-force, but can we now please have an EV Porsche sportscar, one that doesn't focus on the power and acceleration times arms-race.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
... can we now please have an EV Porsche sportscar, one that doesn't focus on the power and acceleration times arms-race.
I have high hopes this will be the 718 EV.

iamai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS
Country flag
Did you notice how Edmunds' Taycan was charged only to 25% SoC and he attempted a 0-60 launch? I think they should make sure SoC is optimal before doing these reviews.
With my Turbo S, anything below 50% SoC does not give full power.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
They seemed like pretty so so reviews. All loved the power but there was never anyone saying wow this felt way more connected and GT car like then the other Taycans. Was expecting this based off the Cayenne turbo GT but it doesn’t seem to be the case here. Would have also like to hear how big of a difference this new suspension is over the PDCC.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm guessing that the consumption reported in Autogefuhl's video isn't representative of track work- at 64.5 kWh/100km, it's nearly 2.5 times better than I've seen on gen 1 Turbos and Turbo S's. I'd be impressed if it gets anywhere near 1 kWh/mile.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
They seemed like pretty so so reviews. All loved the power but there was never anyone saying wow this felt way more connected and GT car like then the other Taycans. Was expecting this based off the Cayenne turbo GT but it doesn’t seem to be the case here. Would have also like to hear how big of a difference this new suspension is over the PDCC.
I think it's just that PDCC only works left/right and the new one adjusts front/back to reduce squat & dive. Probably all software.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
did someone come across the (leaked?) TurboGT feature PDF that is shown in some of the videos?
Sponsored