4-year service

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Greetings all,

Has anyone gotten the 4-year/40k mile service done and has an idea of the cost and what is actually conducted? I just got a quote from a dealer in Richmond for $1600 and all he could tell me was that they conduct a brake flush, coolant tipoff (I guess the HVAC battery has special coolant...?), and cabin air filter replacement. $1600 seems pretty crazy for only those services. Thoughts, anyone?
Sponsored

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
That sounds like the same thing as the 2 year service which is usually a few hundred or am I missing something? I'd call around to other Porsche dealers to get competing quotes.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
€1600 seems way too high for a small garage visit like this one.

Btw, never let a dealer do the filter replacements. The parts are easy to install yourself in about 15 minutes. Saves you €300 each 2 years. And IMO you should do it every year. Don’t forget to write the date of placement on the filter. If your dealer is doing the change anyway they see the date and will skip the replacement.

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
€1600 seems way too high for a small garage visit like this one.

Btw, never let a dealer do the filter replacements. The parts are easy to install yourself in about 15 minutes. Saves you €300 each 2 years. And IMO you should do it every year. Don’t forget to write the date of placement on the filter. If your dealer is doing the change anyway they see the date and will skip the replacement.
I saw the replacement process on Rennlist so I plan on doing that myself for sure. Things like a brake flush I can't do, but I was expecting a quote of around $700, not more than double that.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Greetings all,

Has anyone gotten the 4-year/40k mile service done and has an idea of the cost and what is actually conducted? I just got a quote from a dealer in Richmond for $1600 and all he could tell me was that they conduct a brake flush, coolant tipoff (I guess the HVAC battery has special coolant...?), and cabin air filter replacement. $1600 seems pretty crazy for only those services. Thoughts, anyone?
That sounds like what was done on my 2yr service in the UK last week... Less than £500, so a lot less than yours but perhaps not comparable.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
I have not had the service but I would bet money it is 2x the 2yr service. It is the Porsche way.

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Porsche scheduled periodic maintenance is notoriously expensive for the work done.
For my Cayenne, 911S and the Taycan, it's all the same...big $$$ for small work.
The only benefit is having an experienced mechanic go over the vehicles for serious problems.

OP
OP
Atipical

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Update for anyone interested, I went to a dealer in DC that charged $960 for the service. I told them not to worry about the cabin air filter and replacing the key fob battery and that lobbed off another $150 so my total was $810. A far cry from the $1600 another dealer wanted. Always compare between dealers if you can!
Sponsored