Any Regrets with the Taycan?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I never got a 4 digit code.
The 'set-up process' for me does not get past selecting 'English' as the language :) .
OK so....a couple screens after selecting English, the display says "You have not created a Security Code at My Porsche. This PIN is necessary to identify yourself in the vehicle"
IMHO.....'My Porsche' is totally wacked for me and still doesn't recognize any of my Pcars much less the Taycan.....though I've sent them scans of Titles, Sales receipts, etc. I just tried again and the site says...."An error occurred. We apologize. Please try again."

Back to the car.....tried to use 'Guest' to log in so I could at least get some seat profiles going......and it then displays, Not available....must use personalized settings in previous page with My Porsche Security Code.
Dealer admits it's 'frustrating' and says they have reached out to PCNA.
Your dealer needs to trigger the sale into the system. You should have received an email from Porsche asking you to confirm your purchase. The reference to "partner" in the letter is the dealership.

Porsche Taycan Any Regrets with the Taycan? 20200708_174227_resized

Porsche Taycan Any Regrets with the Taycan? 20200708_174239_resized

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you!......I will try to pursue that.
If you are limited to the Guest profile, I hope you are not still dealing with the factory set origami driver seat setting and which requires you to use the memory buttons every time you get back in your car.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
If you are limited to the Guest profile, I hope you are not still dealing with the factory set origami driver seat setting and which requires you to use the memory buttons every time you get back in your car.
Yep.......that's me.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep.......that's me.
Hang in. If you like the Taycan now, it will be ten times better once you get the code and can set things up with your profile and key. Pester the dealership to get this resolved for you. It was annoying for me to deal with what you are experiencing for just one day until the car connected to the mothership. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you.

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Hang in. If you like the Taycan now, it will be ten times better once you get the code and can set things up with your profile and key. Pester the dealership to get this resolved for you. It was annoying for me to deal with what you are experiencing for just one day until the car connected to the mothership. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for you.
Hey.....you are lucky......I see you are in Georgia.......you can drive over to PCNA Atlanta in person and wring their neck :angry: .
Just spent another half hour on the phone w/them. No luck.
Good thing this is the wife's car......not mine. :)

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I never got a 4 digit code.
The 'set-up process' for me does not get past selecting 'English' as the language :) .
OK so....a couple screens after selecting English, the display says "You have not created a Security Code at My Porsche. This PIN is necessary to identify yourself in the vehicle"
I remember that was one of the first things I had to do when sitting in the car. It was all too quick (decision to buy, excitement) so I do not remember if I had to enter the code in the app or in the car, but I think it was the latter. I clearly remember the tech who was with me looked the other way, and I was surprised it is only a 4 digit code in this day....

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
No regrets. To me, it is "the best car in the world". My wife thinks so, too, and doesn't want to drive any of the other cars except under protest :). The V8s brake disks are rusty.
Sell your other cars and buy your wife another one. Peace!

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Sell your other cars and buy your wife another one. Peace!
Haha, we thought about that, good catch! But we need something electric with 6 seats (4 kids). I was driven around in the Model S a bit, but it is not my type of car. Maybe the VW ID Bus will be big enough.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Haha, we thought about that, good catch! But we need something electric with 6 seats (4 kids). I was driven around in the Model S a bit, but it is not my type of car. Maybe the VW ID Bus will be big enough.
Yeah, you need an EV transporter with a big range... Tricky!

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
Of all the issues you listed, it's the ingress/egress that I worry about the most. I'm spoiled now with the Macan, because I think back to the challenges of getting in and out of the R8 I had before that. If you worry about the other stuff, then car forums are usually a bad place to be, because people don't post online when things work as they should, so issues often look a lot larger than they really are.

I also am trying to console myself over what will be a terrible resale value. :p
Having only had sEVen, my 7th EV, a Taycan 4S for 2 months, that loss upon resale is a huge factor in my view of the car. My first 3 EVs were Volt leases, VERY cheap after subsidies. My last 3 full BEVs, Tesla Model 3 AWD+, Bolt, Ford Mustang Mach E, I ended up making money on (to the tune of $16k profit on the Mach E traded in for the Taycan 4S)... Unlikely I'll keep that trend with the Taycan 4S.

But, putting that aside, no other vehicle (of 26!) I've owned comes close to my Taycan 4S when combining handling/style/luxury/performance. My 1993 Mazda RX-7 twin turbo and 2000 Boxster S hold a candle to it in handling but not luxury or performance. My 2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD+ (a performance Model 3 I bought as AWD and then added ingenext 50hp boost hack) was a bit quicker from a standstill to 60 (way quicker if not using launch mode on Taycan 4S) and had far more responsive/modern technology but didn't handle as well, and was missing a lot of features like an actual dashboard, glove box button (why oh why Porsche did you copy Tesla's stupid vent controls though) and required you to be assimilated into so many Tesla-isms.

I considered a Model S (non-plaid) as it is quicker than all but the Turbo and Turbo S Taycans, a lot more practical in space/range, but I couldn't deal with the missing steering wheel (yoke) and stalks, and a style that (while decent) looks 8+ years outdated and very commonplace now.

Do I wish the Taycan 4S had a slightly bigger trunk and back seat? Yes.. (But not enough to add the weight of the CT for a couple more cubic feet) Do I wish it had more range and the Tesla supercharging infrastructure? Yes. Do I wish it had a slightly beefier rear motor and did away with that annoying 2 speed gearbox? Yes.

But, for someone completely addicted to EVs, right now the Taycan 4S is ahead of everyone else in enough areas I am satisfied with my decision.

I do have an AWD Lyric early order in, and plan on selling/trading the Taycan 4S when that arrives next year... It will have much more space, range, and be almost as quick to 60. It won't have anything approaching the Taycan handling and style. I'll only be able to give my full verdict on the Taycan 4S when I see what I can get for it next year. :)

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
The CT 4S gets the big battery as standard, the saloon 4S doesn't. That is the reason for the majority of the weight and all the power difference.
The extra power just about compensates the extra weight, acceleration wise but on the downside having the bigger battery will give inferior braking and cornering.
And that is one of the reasons I got the non-CT Taycan 4S with the smaller battery... The car is already way too heavy before adding the big battery, that small amount of extra range still won't make a difference for 99% of my driving, and to just have enough HP to compensate for the battery means to me the car is overall worse with the big battery except for bragging rights about HP...

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Seem my point was poorly made. I _know_ where the difference comes from, but I doubt a 5% weight increase makes a difference on an already-2+-ton car. It's a trade-off for practicality, and either makes sense for one, or it doesn't. If you wished for more space, it comes with a weight penalty - and 260lbs is as minimal of a difference as can be.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
You may doubt it, but you would be wrong :)

I remember one of the non-technical team managers in F1 in the early days of trying to make the car lighter used to say it was cheaper for the driver to take a sh*t but he didn’t understand.

Most people don’t.

1% extra weight on a F1 car is about 0.3 secs a lap at a typical circuit which is huge.

Compensating weight for horsepower may be an adequate compensation for a dragster, it isn’t for a sports car.
(me taking notes) ".. and so a Taycan CT would be 1-to-5s slower than the corresponding sedan around a typical circuit."
Noted; thank you!
Sponsored