First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi group,
New owner of a 24 Taycan 4S. I'm really enjoying this new toy overall. I am running into one bothersome issue. When I'm at higher speeds or on a noisy road in general, people complain they hear lots of background noise on a bluetooth call. It is making the calls almost unusable.

Is this potentially settings issue? The interior of car isn't that terribly noisy when this is ocurring. Some form of noise cancellation algo going awry?

Second follow on question to this is how can I switch to the handset during calls? I'm on Android Auto, so the handset doesn't allow me to release from the speaker phone. If I switch the phone management screen on the car, is there a simple way to release. That way I can use the handset to avoid this noice problem.

Thanks for any and all help.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am using neither Android Auto nor Apple CarPlay so my ‘phone just connects via the car but I have never had complaints about noise problems used this way.

It is illegal to touch a phone whilst driving here so I have never tried switching to the handset.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Bit of a long shot; when I was a kid, my dad had the same issue with his VW Passat. We are talking 2000’s here (I’m 33). After investigation from the garage it was the airco vent which was blowing on the mic. This was the time, you had to install a microphone at the roof of your car where the sunshade / makeup mirror is. Can it be something stupid like this? Is your phone in from of the airco vents or any other place with airflow?

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I'm on Android Auto, so the handset doesn't allow me to release from the speaker phone.
I suggest start with a little troubleshooting on your own. Make and receive calls using the Bluetooth connection through the PCM and not Android Auto to see if you get the same complaints. If it's clear, AA is your problem. If it's still bad, there may be a fixable issue with the car.
Sponsored