Best Taycan Factory Options

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
So I've not been lucky with my 4s but recently received a loaner with all the trimmings and its made me think which options are best.... Top 3: The biggest smile came from the heads up display, makes you feel like a rocket man. No one else in the car can see it and everyone wonders why the big grin? The next is the massage seats, my kids likes/love them a lot! and on a long journey they are a must for a sore back, although uses up the 12v battery very quickly.... Next the electric sun roof blinds, looks great and stops the glare and overheating, definitely takes you to the future. Bottom 3: The lane assist- why have a drivers car and add something that feels like your mother is grabbing the wheel? Next the Burmester stereo, controversial, but I turned the Bass down to -5 and it is still too strong and getting unwanted glances at the lights, detracts from the beauty of the car. I think a Bose would be fine, definitely need something though as base system in my own car is a bit tinny. Last- Passenger display, it seems like a good idea but its so distracting when it changes to next song or mapping, I hear the reflections on the Audi GT dash have a similar effect, catching the corner of your eye as you move. Anyways thats my top and bottom 3 for a start.....
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Would Turbo S launch mode rate higher than HUD in making you feel like rocket man? Would RAS score higher than LCD roof? With as many options as Taycan offers, it's probably very hard to pick 3, and I also guarantee you that some options will end up at the top for some and bottom for others. Then there are options which are great in some countries and suck in others, like PMCC. In Europe apparently it works and can be paired with a home energy manager. In the US PMCC is a total waste of money - horrible EVSE, melts wall sockets (now comes neutered to 50% by default) ultra expensive ($3K-$4K if bought separately)

Taycans have so many options combinations that I bet there will never be enough Taycans sold to cover every possible combination of options. This also means that almost every Taycan out there has a unique combination of options. That said, driving loaners does have a tendency to show you what you're missing, which is why I learned over the years that when ordering an expensive car, it's better/cheaper to overspec than feel like you missed out and look into getting a new car a year later (have done that before, that's how I know). This strategy worked out great for me with the Taycan, I have a few options I don't care for (like Innodrive), but am not missing any options I would want. The only exception is buying the highest trim of parking assist/3d view for some reason disables the "cheaper" curb view which I wish my car had.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
It's all so personal. I don't like the HUD - there is enough clutter already, and all the information I need is quite easily located. And I do like the lane assist / Innodrive - for those long tedious motorway jams and the even more tedious journey I did recently all the way across the Netherlands at 100 km/h limit with speed cameras everywhere - sometimes you just want the computer to take some of the load!

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tried HUD on a different car and definitely don’t miss it on my Taycan. No doubt a cool feature but each to their own.

I actually find InnoDrive very useful when in traffic jams - makes it more comfortable and less tiring for your body.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Carbon kit, tork vectoring and leather bi-ton. It's really personal.. There will be as many selections as members on the forum 😅

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
For me the 3 that make me smile the most are the additional side skirts, Bose and spyder wheels. Takes all sorts.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Surround view
HUD
Parking Assist
Surround view is probably the one function that I’ve had most issues with - has needed servicing twice. Not to mention that it isn’t very good to start with!

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
So I've not been lucky with my 4s but recently received a loaner with all the trimmings and its made me think which options are best.... Top 3: The biggest smile came from the heads up display, makes you feel like a rocket man. No one else in the car can see it and everyone wonders why the big grin? The next is the massage seats, my kids likes/love them a lot! and on a long journey they are a must for a sore back, although uses up the 12v battery very quickly.... Next the electric sun roof blinds, looks great and stops the glare and overheating, definitely takes you to the future. Bottom 3: The lane assist- why have a drivers car and add something that feels like your mother is grabbing the wheel? Next the Burmester stereo, controversial, but I turned the Bass down to -5 and it is still too strong and getting unwanted glances at the lights, detracts from the beauty of the car. I think a Bose would be fine, definitely need something though as base system in my own car is a bit tinny. Last- Passenger display, it seems like a good idea but its so distracting when it changes to next song or mapping, I hear the reflections on the Audi GT dash have a similar effect, catching the corner of your eye as you move. Anyways thats my top and bottom 3 for a start.....
My pick is the air suspension. Great handling, normal mode is very quiet and comfy while sport plus is wonderfully taught. It's darn near perfect. Oh and the lifting feature is super useful. I added torque vectoring (PTV+), acctive chassis control (PDCC sport), and rear wheel steering as well, figuring anything with a "GTS" on the back should include all of the performance options. As a package, they are sublime.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Of the things I ordered the ones I appreciate most are
Blackberry interior
Ventilated massage comfort seats
Not choosing any of the driver over-rides.

noev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
87 Carrera, 97 Carrera S, 21 Carrera 4S, 21 Rover
Country flag
PDCC and RWS are a must.

Oh and a Turbo badge :)

OP
OP
Ztarman

Ztarman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Since starting this thread my car is still in the garage... and they have given me a lower spec Taycan Sport Turismo as a loan car. Gone are the massage seats and fancy electric roof blinds but worse it's not a 4s and it feels like it's broken when you try to accelerate.... it's not broken just a vanilla taycan. Its amazing how once you have experienced the acceleration of 4s you expect it, there no going back!!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Gone are the massage seats and fancy electric roof blinds but worse it's not a 4s and it feels like it's broken when you try to accelerate.... it's not broken just a vanilla taycan. Its amazing how once you have experienced the acceleration of 4s you expect it, there no going back!!
Be glad they didn't give you a Turbo or Turbo S as a loaner, as your own car might have felt broken when you get it back. I've experienced that feeling with other cars before, resulting in me trading in early to upgrade.

Tdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
For me now after a year its more the options that differenciate the car that make me smile every time i get in... one of the main reasons i dont like tesla, lack of personalistation

racetex steeringweel, B pillar and roof
Meranti brown leather
apart from these the seatventilation, just amazing in summer
Sponsored