BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I agree as you go up the electric Mercedes range up to S class top spec the more they look like and feel like a Las Vegas brothel inside. Not for me.
Which is your favourite one?

Merc I mean.
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Just arranged pick up.
Handing back to Porsche GB finance company.
I am not trying to depress anyone (particularly in UK).
Just the facts. We are all aware.
It’s been fun. Especially the 1st Taycan which I sold for a profit.
Forum has been fun too.
Thanks everybody.

The second Taycan has been more expensive.
£20,000 deposit and £1200 a month for 2 years.
£49,000 to own for 2 years

Thank goodness I got the finance with GFV of £75,500.
Not that I had the cash!

This is what it is actually worth.

IMG_4613.png

If I had paid cash I would be keeping it for sure. No way I would be taking a £72,000 hit.
I understand the frequent comments about you don’t realise the depreciation until you sell.

However there is no way I am ‘buying’ a car for £75,500 that is only worth £43,000.

The Taycan is a wonderful car. If you have one (in UK especially) keep it.

If you have to get rid of a Taycan this year, brace yourself.

if you haven’t got a Taycan buy a second hand one now. Drive a hard bargain. The market is FLOODED.
EVERYBODY is handing back the keys on finance deals. Lease or PCP.

Don’t buy a new Taycan unless you get a 25% discount. Minimum.

I was on Macan waiting list but too long to wait and still too expensive with 11% APR and no discount.

Just for info I am leasing a Mercedes EQC for £325 a month with 12 months down
£11,375 total cost over 2 years.
Not my first choice but nice enough and at a quarter of the price of a Porsche I can’t say no.

Back to Porsche for 2nd hand bargain in 2years when retired.
Like your process!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The EQC is nice. Just a slightly electrified tarted up GLC.

Outside it is an electric SUV boring jelly mould like the Macan but you can’t see it from the inside. The inside is every bit as nice as a Porsche (or Audi) Just different.

I generally like Mercedes. This will be my 4th, matching 4 Porsches and 4 Audis. Never had a BMW. Don’t know why really. Just don’t like them. It’s all so subjective. (I have had 3 Minis) ?

I agree as you go up the electric Mercedes range up to S class top spec the more they look like and feel like a Las Vegas brothel inside. Not for me.

But if we are talking interiors the absolutely dreadful bottom of the pile is Tesla. Like sitting in a collection of cheap IKEA bedroom furniture with a toy steering wheel with an IPad glued to the top of a bedside cabinet.
Never, ever will I stoop that low.
The most I could stomach in Germany price wise, was a Merc EQA 250+. Range is good enough, size inside, too. The self driving feature is also the best I had so far. Recognises speed limits almost always correctly, so a big helper. The buttons on the steering wheel are real buttons, so super easy to use.

My wife pushes to buy something bigger, more comfortable inside, but really expensive in Germany and the batteries are still tiny or the self driving features are lacking...

I also wait and see, perhaps a second had for much much less...

Jamesfawcett

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Turbo S
Country flag
Sadly mine will be the same in 2 years time, it's already worth less than my final payment by quite a bit. I emailed my finance company (CA Auto Finance) to ask if the final payment is negotiable in these circumstances, but they said absolutely not. I would likely buy it if I wasn't losing out so much, but it makes no sense.