Candreha

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Yes, that is what I was told too. I checked the 2025 manual, the buttons are now on the mirror.....similar to the new Panamera. The manual shows a different screen image compared to what I see.
image003.jpg

However, maybe it is a mixture of both. A little big of Macan with some sprinkle of 2025 Taycan, and this is what you get. :CWL:

1716495016084-r4.png
Maybe we get new mirror w/ buttons😅👍

cutetypooh

First Name
edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 jeep wrangler jl, 2024 chrysler pacifica hyb
Country flag
Hihi
Have anyone affected by the new homelink sw had anything resolved yet? I am in calgary and my sa doesnt know what is going on? Directed me to porsche na and they emailed me to tell me i have the latest sw and all is correct. Gave me a homelink hotline to call which they had no idea what i was talking about. Super frustrating…

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hihi
Have anyone affected by the new homelink sw had anything resolved yet? I am in calgary and my sa doesnt know what is going on? Directed me to porsche na and they emailed me to tell me i have the latest sw and all is correct. Gave me a homelink hotline to call which they had no idea what i was talking about. Super frustrating…
If they cannot fix it, inquire about them buying it back (lemon laws?) or perhaps tell them you will be notifying whatever government body that deals with warranty enforcement (given what you described, this is Porsche refusing to repair your car under warranty)? Perhaps that will pull in some higher pay grade people who can think rather than repeat some company line.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
Hihi
My dealer, Porsche Reno, has acknowledged there is a problem and says that Porsche North America also acknowledges the problem and is working on it.

Kief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS e-tron GT
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 2024 CT4S yesterday, and same issue as OP regarding the prompts but no physical buttons. I thought I was losing my mind trying to figure the damn thing out and it not working. I have the garage remote now attached to my visor, but now what…please tell me I don’t need to go the dealer already for service. I’ll just live with the remote, as more problems tend to result when you bring in your car

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
I just took delivery of my 2024 CT4S yesterday, and same issue as OP regarding the prompts but no physical buttons. I thought I was losing my mind trying to figure the damn thing out and it not working. I have the garage remote now attached to my visor, but now what…please tell me I don’t need to go the dealer already for service. I’ll just live with the remote, as more problems tend to result when you bring in your car
I thought the new Taycans had the buttons. That's what my dealer said.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If Porsche cannot repair it soon, it might qualify the car under lemon laws, should you decide want to return it.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, reading this is hard to not thing Porsche software operations is completely incompetent. Both for not testing the software release on a Gen 1 Taycan before authorizing it to be flashed on Gen1 (even at the factory apparently), but even more so for not issuing a simple fix by now. That fix would be just a revert to the older software which works, so should not require months long validation cycle (which obviously is not 100% thorough anyways given it let this slip - the software does not work properly on a vast majority of Taycans in existence today).
Sponsored