ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Carmine Red review from Alexander de Pooter.

DETAILS of this 562 hp Carmine Red Porsche Taycan 4S with Performance Battery Plus
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag

Wow! Almost exactly the way mine will look like - minus the wheels.
Mine will also look almost the same, exept the mirrors. Wanted to change later but it was too late :) Will probably wrap the mirrors black anyways so no big deal. This color seems amazing in real life but looks so wrong in the configurator.

oh and also i willhave the white interior ( black/chalk or black/crayon)

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mine will also look almost the same, exept the mirrors. Wanted to change later but it was too late :) Will probably wrap the mirrors black anyways so no big deal. This color seems amazing in real life but looks so wrong in the configurator.
Congrats! When will you get it?

I had the chance to change my config to add the black brushed door sills. Mine is in production now and I should get it in September!

The color does look so wrong! So a few month ago, I went to my dealer and ask him to show me a car in this red. We walked all the way through his storage and found a 911. This color in real looks good! :) After years of waiting I am still so psyched about this car...

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats! When will you get it?

I had the chance to change my config to add the black brushed door sills. Mine is in production now and I should get it in September!

The color does look so wrong! So a few month ago, I went to my dealer and ask him to show me a car in this red. We walked all the way through his storage and found a 911. This color in real looks good! :) After years of waiting I am still so psyched about this car...
I’m supposed to get the car in october. I also got the black aluminium door sills, lucky my dealer knew it and reccomended.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I’m supposed to get the car in october. I also got the black aluminium door sills, lucky my dealer knew it and reccomended.
Nice detail with the door sills. My carmine red is also in production soon, with an anticipated September delivery here in Canada.

@Jayjay and @feye what are you planning on doing with wheels? Looking at winter wheels or aftermarket wheels at all? I've got Mission E wheels spec'ed on mine.

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice detail with the door sills. My carmine red is also in production soon, with an anticipated September delivery here in Canada.

@Jayjay and @feye what are you planning on doing with wheels? Looking at winter wheels or aftermarket wheels at all? I've got Mission E wheels spec'ed on mine.
i will be buying just the tyres. i think it was michelin who will have them for this size in few months. Cost was about 1200€

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Carmine Red looks really nice on the Taycan. I couldn't bring myself to get another red car (and didn't want to pay the 3 grand) but it really looks sweet with the assorted black trim & the panoramic roof. Very nice.

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
The Carmine Red looks really nice on the Taycan. I couldn't bring myself to get another red car (and didn't want to pay the 3 grand) but it really looks sweet with the assorted black trim & the panoramic roof. Very nice.
I'm the exact opposite @PanameraFrank. Never had a red car, so I'm finally going for it!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

Congrats! Canada, very nice, but very different climate. We have no winter. The wheels are the only thing I did not like. The best one are the most expensive one, but that was a bit too much. So I picked the 20inch and will drive that for a while. Maybe later on there will be nice designs suitable for this car.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I'm the exact opposite @PanameraFrank. Never had a red car, so I'm finally going for it!
Exactly! I also my first red car. I actually also really like the Mamba Green. I saw it on a 911 and it is a real head turner! But when I asked my wife... Well red it is!

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Congrats! Canada, very nice, but very different climate. We have no winter. The wheels are the only thing I did not like. The best one are the most expensive one, but that was a bit too much. So I picked the 20inch and will drive that for a while. Maybe later on there will be nice designs suitable for this car.
Exactly! I also my first red car. I actually also really like the Mamba Green. I saw it on a 911 and it is a real head turner! But when I asked my wife... Well red it is!
I'm on the west coast of Canada so our temperature extremes are quite mild compared to other parts of the country. -5C to +30C is about all my car will see, with the vast majority of days between +5-20C. Lots of Canadian cars will see -20 or -30 on a regular basis!

As such, many Canadian car owners will run a separate set of wheels for their winter setup. I typically will use the stock wheels for winter, and an aftermarket set for summer. I'm looking at Vorsteiner wheels (great experience with their flow-forged wheels on my 911 and Cayenne) and maybe BC Forged wheels.

If I truly listened to my wife on the colour choice, I'd be over in the Dolomite Silver thread (another silver car?!), not here in the Carmine Red thread!

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm on the west coast of Canada so our temperature extremes are quite mild compared to other parts of the country. -5C to +30C is about all my car will see, with the vast majority of days between +5-20C. Lots of Canadian cars will see -20 or -30 on a regular basis!

As such, many Canadian car owners will run a separate set of wheels for their winter setup. I typically will use the stock wheels for winter, and an aftermarket set for summer. I'm looking at Vorsteiner wheels (great experience with their flow-forged wheels on my 911 and Cayenne) and maybe BC Forged wheels.

If I truly listened to my wife on the colour choice, I'd be over in the Dolomite Silver thread (another silver car?!), not here in the Carmine Red thread!
:) I was between three combinations: Jet Black with black/red interior, Dolomite Silver with Black/Red interior and then i had Carmine Red but because i had no idea what interior to take with it i was stalling, and then all of the sudden this Black/Chalk interior option was added and i was sold :)

I'm from Estonia, most people here also have two sets of wheels but lately the winters are warmer and we get less snow. I just really like the big wheels and hope i won't ruin them in winter.
Sponsored