flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had read that (don't remember where... here maybe) that it was planned for a mid-year update. So maybe she's thinking of cars getting produced now vs. us that already have our cars.
I should have left the word ‘currently’ out of my post because she said the Taycan has always had wireless ACP. She also said she has helped people to get it working. Don’t have my car yet, so we shall see.
Sponsored

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I should have left the word ‘currently’ out of my post because she said the Taycan has always had wireless ACP. She also said she has helped people to get it working. Don’t have my car yet, so we shall see.
She's super wrong...it's in the Cayenne, Panamera and the Macan, and maybe current 911s, but not (yet?) in the Taycan.

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Here is a picture of what happens if you try to start CarPlay without a wire.
That certainly settles it, thanks. I’ll call tomorrow to see if I can find out from someone more knowledgeable what the plan is for sw upgrades for MY 2020.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Oh and I did test cell again in the arm rest but without USB and in the Qi charger (which it won't fit in the Qi while plugged in anyway although that would be redundant) and still no help with cell signal. I will say that when I plugged it in and activated CarPlay I was able to connect to my house wifi. So there is that.

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 4 Cabriolet, Jaguar iPace
Country flag
I have the Carplay2air adapter but have not been able to get the Taycan system to recognize it.

Will try again once my 4S is back from the detailing shop this weekend.
Have you had any luck with this? I got one of these - works fine in my XC90 and on latest firmware, but Taycan stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the device as a carplay adapter...

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That certainly settles it, thanks. I’ll call tomorrow to see if I can find out from someone more knowledgeable what the plan is for sw upgrades for MY 2020.
I called again today and spoke to someone else, and as has been stated by others, ACP does not work wirelessly, it definitely requires a wire. But was also told Porsche is working on wireless ACP which will work for 2020 models, but there is not a timeline for when it will be rolled out. This echos what others have said.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
GIven the Covid-19 delays and then European summer vacations, I'm guessing the original "June" release is probably going to be September now. :p

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
When they said June, they meant June 2025....
I think you are right. It is a pity they are not solving these issues. I can not use the WiFi connection, I find the navigator takes me down walking paths and the charge planner is of no use what so ever. And on top of all that I just can not use the connect app.

Pity on such a lovely car to drive but one needs other systems to use it.

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was told this will be pushed out around August time now
August works for me, just as long as I know it is coming eventually. Just like the issues other owners are reporting, I’m ok with them for now if there is a fix on the horizon.

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
August works for me, just as long as I know it is coming eventually. Just like the issues other owners are reporting, I’m ok with them for now if there is a fix on the horizon.
Ditto. It’s an expected reality when buying a first generation car. I do get a bit testy if there isn’t a plan. But if there is a plan, I’ll give them some latitude.

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 4 Cabriolet, Jaguar iPace
Country flag
Have you had any luck with this? I got one of these - works fine in my XC90 and on latest firmware, but Taycan stubbornly refuses to acknowledge the device as a carplay adapter...
I hope this OTA comes - Carplay2Air just wrote me back to confirm the device doesnt work on USB-C ports...
Sponsored