OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Several people in Europe reported that they had comfort access without optioning it and without subscribing to it through the app I think. Or is this feature different from what they reported?

The damn options are confusing. I would like to not have remote opening on approach but I wouldn't mind being able to kick the car in the balls to open the boot/trunk. Does Porsche only sell half the feature by any chance? 😜
I had all the comfort access features though it wouldn't open when I approached. Only when I put my hand under the handle. Strange.
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I guess I'll find out eventually. Hopefully locking before end of month

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I guess you have a button in your rear lid that doesn’t allow to close the lid + close the car, right? Do you still need to touch a door handle to close the car? Or did you change the button to have a “close car” feature as well?
It won't have the lock button (if that's what you mean) So a single close button and no separate close and lock. All cars have the indent in the door handles to close and lock.

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
It won't have the lock button (if that's what you mean) So a single close button and no separate close and lock. All cars have the indent in the door handles to close and lock.
I understand that. I wonder if it’s possible to change that button

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
Nevertheless.. let’s say you parked near your house. And you have some stuff you need to grab from the trunk. How do you close the car? In my previous car, I could just press a button to close the trunk and close the car. How is it in your case if there is no such a button? I’m in a process of searching a taycan and there is one without factory installed comfort access, but rather with the one available via fod. That’s why I’m asking.

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
I guess you can at a cost.for little value add.
The button costs about 50 euros. I was checking parts catalog and the harness is the same with factory installed harness and without that. I still need to check ECU models and if they are the same, it’s just a matter of changing a button.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nevertheless.. let’s say you parked near your house. And you have some stuff you need to grab from the trunk. How do you close the car? In my previous car, I could just press a button to close the trunk and close the car. How is it in your case if there is no such a button? I’m in a process of searching a taycan and there is one without factory installed comfort access, but rather with the one available via fod. That’s why I’m asking.
The standard trunk has power opening and closing - a single button to close. Cars with comfort Access have 2 buttons. The 2nd closes the trunk AND locks the car.

Lock the car with the key fob.

Porsche Taycan Comfort access via function on demand Screenshot_20230122-122407_Porsche Good to know

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
The standard trunk has power opening and closing - a single button to close. Cars with comfort Access have 2 buttons. The 2nd closes the trunk AND locks the car.

Lock the car with the key fob.

Screenshot_20230122-122407_Porsche Good to know.jpg
That’s what I’m saying - you either have to touch a door handle or use a key fob to lock the car. Otherwise, you’d be able to just press a button that would close the trunk and lock the car. Thanks!

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Stupid question from someone that hasn't the car yet nor optioned comfort access but here it goes:

If comfort access unlocks the car on approach and locks it when the owner goes away, why does one even need the "close and lock" button in the trunk at all? I mean... If you push the close button and walk away, shouldn't the car lock itself anyway?

Sorry. Just trying to understand.

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
Stupid question from someone that hasn't the car yet nor optioned comfort access but here it goes:

If comfort access unlocks the car on approach and locks it when the owner goes away, why does one even need the "close and lock" button in the trunk at all? I mean... If you push the close button and walk away, shouldn't the car lock itself anyway?

Because it’s only BMW (maybe others, but I haven’t heard about them) that has close/open on walk away/approach. Taycan can only open the car when approaching, but you have to touch a door handle to close it. On my previous BMW X5 it worked perfectly.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Because it’s only BMW (maybe others, but I haven’t heard about them) that has close/open on walk away/approach. Taycan can only open the car when approaching, but you have to touch a door handle to close it. On my previous BMW X5 it worked perfectly.
Wait what? It doesn't lock on walking away? 🧐

I wonder what technical reason lies behind that

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

The car only auto locks if no door, trunk, frunk is opened within 45 seconds after unlocking.

In all other cases you physically have to do something to lock the car via one of 3 methods: 1) key fob, 2) touch a door sensor if comfort Access installed, c) press the trunk close and lock button if opened and comfort Access installed.

This really doesn't need such a discussion and there's also the owner's manual if it all gets too difficult.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Wait what? It doesn't lock on walking away? 🧐

I wonder what technical reason lies behind that
My wife hated this about our Taycan at first since our last car (a Mazda) would automatically lock when walking away. She got used to it but left the Taycan unlocked many times in parking lots in the first few months.
Sponsored