Comfort access via function on demand

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can add comfort access via FOD, or is it all hard wired in when the car is built? Thanks
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I don’t think Porsche entry en drive (= comfort acces in Porsch language) is available as FOD. It needs different trunk buttons and other sensors.

comfort acces = raising steering wheel and retracting driver seat for easy acces.

i have Innodrive and ALk as FOD.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
comfort access was promoted/promised with early market start and was kind of silently pulled back.
you will find it by googling Porsche Connect PDFs from late 2019.

I asked several times when it will be available and last answer directly from Porsche was: week 25 2022, which was last week.

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
So it’s already available. Did anybody try that? What’s about the rear lid’s button? It looks like harness is the same and it’s just matter of swapping switches

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does anyone know if you can add comfort access via FOD, or is it all hard wired in when the car is built? Thanks
Yes, since launch in 2020 this has been available as an FOD option.

Hardware is already in the car.

What you might discover is that it has been temporarily withdrawn

Go to My Porsche website and then the Connect store and it should list what's available for your car.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
Yes it’s available I’ve been thinking about it as well, it’s also on the uk store I was logged in to the wrong region 🤦‍♂️

Porsche Taycan Comfort access via function on demand 91AAFD33-B2F6-4234-AD69-51CD83D9AC55

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a 3 month free trial. Was removed on the correct date too, when the trial finished. £27 a month for it seems a bit steep!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got a 3 month free trial. Was removed on the correct date too, when the trial finished. £27 a month for it seems a bit steep!
Yeah - I wouldn't FOD it.

Various options like these which are build into the car really should have much lower access costs as it feels like you've already paid for but can't quite get to it

BMW and others are just as bad!

The sales model was originally introduced by IBM decades ago on their mainframe / mini computers. "More power or memory sir, certainly - that will be £10,000 to activate!"

maxkkk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY21
Country flag
I bought it throug FOD. Happy works great
I guess you have a button in your rear lid that doesn’t allow to close the lid + close the car, right? Do you still need to touch a door handle to close the car? Or did you change the button to have a “close car” feature as well?

Last edited:

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I guess you have a button in your rear lid that doesn’t allow to close the lid + close the car, right? Do you still need to touch a door handle to close the car? Or did you change the button to have a “close car” feature as well?
Yes button is to close the trunk but you can also just “kick” under the bumper to open and close The trunk.
doorhandles will pop out when you come close to the car. To lock the car you need to touch a doorhandle.
open the frunk is possible by just swiping your hand just under the porsche badge. It's like petting your car ;)

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
1300$/€ is a lot for that 🥵
You can always wait for black week and get 15% discount.

With the discount the FOD price was only marginally higher than if I’d pony up at original purchase.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Several people in Europe reported that they had comfort access without optioning it and without subscribing to it through the app I think. Or is this feature different from what they reported?

The damn options are confusing. I would like to not have remote opening on approach but I wouldn't mind being able to kick the car in the balls to open the boot/trunk. Does Porsche only sell half the feature by any chance? 😜

Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Several people in Europe reported that they had comfort access without optioning it and without subscribing to it through the app I think. Or is this feature different from what they reported?

The damn options are confusing. I would like to not have remote opening on approach but I wouldn't mind being able to kick the car in the balls to open the boot/trunk. Does Porsche only sell half the feature by any chance? 😜
Mine has it and others in the same dealership, I’m expecting it to stop but no way would I pay for it as it’s very hit and miss
Sponsored