Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Hi folks, hope you are all enjoying your Taycan like I do :)
After a few months I find really annoying the comfort access. It opens the door on one side of the car and not the other, when there is 3 people with me why 2 have to wait for me to go near the door or unlock them from inside?
Is there an option (without pushing the Keyfob button) to have the 4 door to unlock at the same time when I walk near to my car?
Sponsored

NeilJ

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT (Taycan 4S - sold), VW ID3
Country flag
After a few months I find really annoying the comfort access. It opens the door on one side of the car and not the other, when there is 3 people with me why 2 have to wait for me to go near the door or unlock them from inside?
Is there an option (without pushing the Keyfob button) to have the 4 door to unlock at the same time when I walk near to my car?
There is an option to do this. If you go into ‘settings’ on the PCM you will find one that will offer the option of opening either just the driver’s door or all four. I can’t remember exactly how you find the option, but you should be able to find it in the ‘manual’ on the app.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
It’s a safety feature to prevent someone from waiting next to your passenger door and carjacking you, but yeah… easy option to change.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
There is an option to do this. If you go into ‘settings’ on the PCM you will find one that will offer the option of opening either just the driver’s door or all four. I can’t remember exactly how you find the option, but you should be able to find it in the ‘manual’ on the app.
This.

I think it's in "settings">"vehicle/car">"locking systems" or similar.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Consult the Owner's Manual

A feature on many cars these days where the behaviour of the central locking can be programmed.

Double tap on the keyfob to unlock would deploy all handles.

Can be configured for all doors, driver's side or driver's only.

Porsche Taycan Comfort access query Screenshot_20231006-061319_My Porsche

OP
OP

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Thanks for your reply but I think the option I would like is not available in the menu. Comfort access activated, no option to unlock all 4 door when approaching the car.
As I see the only alternative is to double tap the Keyfob. Software in the car is updated.
Any other car I have or I had did that by default. Weird.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Thanks for your reply but I think the option I would like is not available in the menu. Comfort access activated, no option to unlock all 4 door when approaching the car.
As I see the only alternative is to double tap the Keyfob. Software in the car is updated.
I was going to note that maybe it's region specific. But you're in the UK and mine works as we've noted above...

So either you're not looking in the right place, or there's something not right with your software set up - that would be a trip to a dealer.

Does this help:

OP
OP

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Thanks mate! That answer my question! I do not have, see that option!!! Door unlocking not there!
I thought I was losing it 😃

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Comfort access query 1696582450226

Porsche Taycan Comfort access query 1696582509285

OP
OP

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have phoned the dealer and they have suggested to pop in so they can have a look. at why it is not displaying the door unlocking otpion.
Ill let you know. I might be able to pop in this afternoon...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have phoned the dealer and they have suggested to pop in so they can have a look. at why it is not displaying the door unlocking otpion.
Ill let you know. I might be able to pop in this afternoon...
Just checking that you paid for Comfort Access as an option?

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
on my 2 week old Taycan i have some sort of keyless access - opens when i walk near the car, locks when i touch any of the door handle Indents. Boot/trunk opens with foot waggle.

Thought id try the free trial subscribed ‘Comfort Access’ which after a two week wait is now available to install.

question - what does Comfort Access do in addition to that i have described

cheers

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
on my 2 week old Taycan i have some sort of keyless access - opens when i walk near the car, locks when i touch any of the door handle Indents. Boot/trunk opens with foot waggle.

Thought id try the free trial subscribed ‘Comfort Access’ which after a two week wait is now available to install.

question - what does Comfort Access do in addition to that i have described

cheers
What you won't get is the button on the trunk / boot for closing & locking.
What you may not get is the granularity of control for how unlocking behaves - driver's door only, drivers side only, all doors and so on. Integration with driver memory (seat and steering column position on entry and exit).
Potentially the bonnet / hood swipe may not be available.

Novemberwhisky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST Crayon.
Country flag
Thanks W1INGE - ill have a play when it installs But sounds i like theres a lot of stuff i dont need at some €/month after free trial.

my boot has only one close button (internal) the Yanks have two i believe- close and close/lock? I do have the hand gesture Froot opening already.
Sponsored