Comfort Access even if not bought

P0R5HE_UK

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo - Genti Blue (Sold), GTS - Ice Grey (Q1 23)
Country flag
That's ridiculous! Mine is due in for battery check and software update next week. Suspect I may be a victim of the same. Never a good idea to give something and then take it away. You'd think that the customer relationship boffins would figure that out.
Sponsored

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
If they take it away we can ask for cash for the missing electric steering column? Just an educated estimate; around 1200€ - exactly the cost of the FOD for comfort access?

OP
OP
pmas73

pmas73

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If they take it away we can ask for cash for the missing electric steering column? Just an educated estimate; around 1200€ - exactly the cost of the FOD for comfort access?
Exactly this! My 4S was to have the electric but I have the manual.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
So i had comfort access and the dealer removed it when i had the last software update because they said i haven't paid for it but they said i can buy this for £1200 via FOD.....
Which dealer is that in London. Mine has been in at PRG Reading a few times since it was delivered exactly 12months ago today and it has not been removed so far. 🤞

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Which dealer is that in London. Mine has been in at PRG Reading a few times since it was delivered exactly 12months ago today and it has not been removed so far. 🤞
Porsche West London - pretty terrible for after sales...

Probably depends on what you have done - i had an update done which failed and had to go back and rebook this when it was then wiped maybe because they did a big forced update (it took a day).

They said I had it by mistake and didn't pay for it which i get but it was their mistake not mine.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
They said I had it by mistake and didn't pay for it which i get but it was their mistake not mine.
This is fucking ridiculous. They (== a fucking dealer) would have to prove that at the time of your order, or of the manufacturing of your car, the option was indeed against cost. (Otoh you would need to prove your car had the functionality enabled.) I’d be outraged if some grubby service shop would downgrade my car _as it came from the production line_. 😡

(edit) “Sorry, according to your VIN your car shouldn’t have its dash covered in leather, so we ripped it off. We would be delighted to put it back, if Sir wanted, and that for the very low cost of (extended leather package current price).”

Last edited:

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Yes and the best part, this prevents everything from opening: doors, charge ports, trunk and front boot door. A single press on unlock will restore the comfort mode when you're done with the washing.
A couple of weeks ago I was hand washing my car, I made the first pass to soak it down and when I came around for the 2nd pass to soap it the rear right window was half way down🤔. Luckily very little water made it inside but I had to roll it up to finish. This window frequently doesn't roll itself up after the auto entry cracking, the others do. I'm taking it in next week for the coolant recall and I'll have them check it out. I wonder if the lockout would have prevented this...

CRAIG BROMLEY

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rapidracerproducts.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Hi,

on my 4S I have confort access enabled and working (handles lift when I approach, trunk and front trunk open with gesture), but I did not spec it in my configuration...

When I log into My Porsche from the browser, it shows me I can buy the service through FOD.

Is anyone able to explain me if maybe for the first period of ownership this function is enabled and it will stop working at a certain point or what?

Thank you
Same for me, got my car 3 weeks ago and didn't spec it but it's there.
Sponsored