pmas73

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there a car wash mode? I thought there might be, as I thought I saw something on this on You Tube. I might do a search, unless anyone knows about this? I don't want the car to keep opening each time I wash it. It happened the other day when I gave it a quick wash. The door handles kept popping out.
YES!

Lock the car and then press on the key the lock and unlock buttons together for a couple of seconds.
Key will blink red and you have disabled confort access until the next time.
you will have to open the car with the key in order to re-enable confort access
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Is there a car wash mode? I thought there might be, as I thought I saw something on this on You Tube. I might do a search, unless anyone knows about this? I don't want the car to keep opening each time I wash it. It happened the other day when I gave it a quick wash. The door handles kept popping out.
Our Mercedes has this.

in the Taycan it is when I dry the car and I wipe under the front emblem the frunk unlocks. And every time it surprises me. Fortunately not in the car wash.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Just press unlock and lock buttons from the key until the light stays on and the comfort mode will be deactivated for car wash.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
YES!

Lock the car and then press on the key the lock and unlock buttons together for a couple of seconds.
Key will blink red and you have disabled confort access until the next time.
you will have to open the car with the key in order to re-enable confort access
Great, thanks for this. I will do this next time. 👍

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Just press unlock and lock buttons from the key until the light stays on and the comfort mode will be deactivated for car wash.
Thanks for this. I am pleased there is a way to do this. Was starting to get a bit annoying as I washed it...👍

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Yes and the best part, this prevents everything from opening: doors, charge ports, trunk and front boot door. A single press on unlock will restore the comfort mode when you're done with the washing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,

on my 4S I have confort access enabled and working (handles lift when I approach, trunk and front trunk open with gesture), but I did not spec it in my configuration...

When I log into My Porsche from the browser, it shows me I can buy the service through FOD.

Is anyone able to explain me if maybe for the first period of ownership this function is enabled and it will stop working at a certain point or what?

Thank you
Enjoy it while you have it. Not the full comfort option but close enough.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Really kick forward and backward. No swiping or kick from left to right. Once you get it right, you will find it easy. I use it all the times when grocery shopping and my hands are full. It works for closing too
Sorry typo talking about the frunk. The trunk movement works fine got it too and use it all the time. The frunk “comfort acces” I only get it to open when I dry the hood with a towel.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Being this I assume it would not be available to buy through FOD since you are missing hardware...
Yes you can buy it through FOD, but all they do is activate the software. I'm sure it will work as yours already does. The 'missing' button in the boot is just a 'close and lock' button, whereas you just have a close button.

So basically you end up with a slightly inferior set up to that if you'd optioned it in the build.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
If you check the configurator, comfort access is in the standard feature list of the base model (so standard on all models currently).

FrozenBerries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I will give the boot gesture a go tomorrow. I thought I would try the frunk gesture yesterday, fully expecting it not to work, and low and behold, it worked...blew the kids minds when they saw it. 🤣
Give it a try! I have a 100% success rate after learning the trick is a kick motion and not a sideways one.

OP
OP
pmas73

pmas73

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So i had comfort access and the dealer removed it when i had the last software update because they said i haven't paid for it but they said i can buy this for £1200 via FOD.....
I think the same will happen to me....
Sponsored