bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Opened the app earlier this week to a message telling me that remote access had been disabled, and that I needed to log in again in the car. Aside from that being ridiculous - after all, the point of the app is remote control and if it can randomly become disconnected then it is not worth having - the car is still showing me as logged in to my account. The website shows the same thing, so not an app issue per-se.

I don't want to risk logging out in the car since I had to wait almost three weeks when I picked up the car before they fixed the login button allowing me to submit my email & password, and I'm really not confident that if I log out it won't get back to that state.

Tried calling support, but they just told me to uninstall the app - when I told her the website was saying the same, she checked her system and it also reported that I needed to log in from the PCM in the car. She has escalated, but said they'd had an outage earlier in the week, and the escalation team was backed up with problems following that, so it could take two weeks or more before they can look at it.

Has anybody else seen this? Have you fixed it?

Thx,
John...
Sponsored

redplanetx

First Name
Ollie Rickeard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S
Country flag
Opened the app earlier this week to a message telling me that remote access had been disabled, and that I needed to log in again in the car. Aside from that being ridiculous - after all, the point of the app is remote control and if it can randomly become disconnected then it is not worth having - the car is still showing me as logged in to my account. The website shows the same thing, so not an app issue per-se.

I don't want to risk logging out in the car since I had to wait almost three weeks when I picked up the car before they fixed the login button allowing me to submit my email & password, and I'm really not confident that if I log out it won't get back to that state.

Tried calling support, but they just told me to uninstall the app - when I told her the website was saying the same, she checked her system and it also reported that I needed to log in from the PCM in the car. She has escalated, but said they'd had an outage earlier in the week, and the escalation team was backed up with problems following that, so it could take two weeks or more before they can look at it.

Has anybody else seen this? Have you fixed it?

Thx,
John...
Logging out in the car is fine. Its the App Platform which seems to be having issues.

If you still have the App do not uninstall it as Porsche have pulled down the App from Playstore.

No ETA on when this will be resolved. Hoping they fix it soon as Web based management is not as fluid.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Check that you have privacy mode disabled in the PCM. If currently enabled then remote access is not possible and neither the App or My Porsche will be able to access the car.

OP
OP
bluedonkey

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Logging out in the car is fine. Its the App Platform which seems to be having issues.

If you still have the App do not uninstall it as Porsche have pulled down the App from Playstore.

No ETA on when this will be resolved. Hoping they fix it soon as Web based management is not as fluid.
I tried logging out in the car and logging back in, but no difference.

I guess I'll wait for them to get around to looking at the case I submitted,

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I don’t know if this will help but my dealer sent me this when I was having connection issues. Your situation sounds different but worth a shot perhaps.

Porsche Taycan Connect App / Website F3AA386C-21B5-4630-9BC9-710EEFBB2166

OP
OP
bluedonkey

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In the end, I deleted the account completely from the car. When I went to re-add my account, that failed with an error about registration not being available. Later on I tried again, and the login went through successfully.

After that, I was able to remote control the vehicle again, although the connection status in the app still showed red between the server and the car and the server and app. Somehow, despite that, connectivity was present.

Tonight, I force killed the app, and restarted it and the connectivity status updated as well so I have green from server to both car and app now.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
OMG, how can they afford to ship such a shame of the app???

clawsmayhem

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Exact same issue with mine. I'll try it in privacy mode for 10 mins.
Sponsored