manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Does anyone else find it super confusing, that there are two apps? One lets you see status and remote lock/unlock/control your car (albeit for a fee) and the other lets you to, also, see status (parking brake, lock, windows etc.) and also remote control your car, albeit only the charging, navigation and climate portions? Am I understanding this right?

the activation for porsche car connect seems really convoluted!
Sponsored

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I believe that Porsche Car Connect is *NOT* used in conjunction with the Taycan. PCC is based on a paid service enabled/supported by Vodafone.

The Porsche Connect app is the application for use with the Taycan. Also, for charging at ElectrifyAmerica stations under the 3-year free charging offer from Porsche, you will need to utilize the ChargingAmerica app (NOT the ElectirfyAmerica app). The user experience of the Charging America app is not the best, so try it out before you really need it.

Toby

OP
OP
manojkoushik

manojkoushik

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks Toby! Makes sense on the connect app. This is becoming clear to me the more i read.

And had discovered what you say about the chargingamerica app. For discovering and searching though electrify america still works well though. right? We can switch tp charging america when time to activate a charger.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Toby! Makes sense on the connect app. This is becoming clear to me the more i read.

And had discovered what you say about the chargingamerica app. For discovering and searching though electrify america still works well though. right? We can switch tp charging america when time to activate a charger.
I use Plugshare to search for chargers, you can filter however you like including EA only, and find it a much better app.

Then yes, once you're plugging in you pull up the Porsche "Chaging NA" app and swipe the charger you're connected to.
Sponsored