Are you cancelling due to Covid-19

• Total voters

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
And you can get a discount.

Chuck J
Sponsored

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
My car came out of manufacturing last week but is now sat in a compound at the factory.

No idea of when it will be turned up and I'm honestly not bothered based on everything else happening.

The one thing I have asked and had radio silence on is what happens if these vehicles that are sat there and won't turn up for potentially months, are customers just expected to take an 'old' vehicle or can you reorder and get the new version/options that should be available in H2
They need to make them 2021 Models after July.

Chuck J

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The differences don't matter, the date does. When someone is looking at buying a used Taycan in 2024, do you think they'll pay the same amount for a 2020 vs a 2021? I know I wouldn't.
Prices are going up and manditory options are being added. Unless you don't want a clear roof, I would buy now. Only problem is there will be software issues.

Chuck J

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just seems odd to worry about for a 100k+ car.

But my main push back is against the idea that ‘Porsche should’ do something odd because one of us wants it.
My problem is I live in Arkansas in a rural area and when I drive my 130k car into the driveway, the neighbors are going to hate me.

Chuck J

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
This is unbelievable but you can see it will definitely effect the car trade big time and effect all of us —with our personal ownership.
It’s going to be a very bumpy ride and we must all carefully review our individual options .
Unbelievable indeed it was. The poor guy was so distraught I could hear it in his voice as he thought I was calling and chasing for a refund too! 65% of all dealership orders being cancelled means people are just not willing to splash the cash right now.

There are a few very interesting threads on Pistonheads around cancellations too. All in all the UK seems very under confident on the recovery from this and especially the business owners who are flocking to sell their cars and watches right now to raise the cash for tough times to come.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
In the uk most orders for the Taycan will be through a business due to the tax benefits and as company’s could struggle after the Covid 19 pandemic it’s obviously going to make people nervous

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just called PCNA and they told me my delivery date had not changed, but that it wouldn't until I hit the freeze date on April 22, 2020.

Chuck J

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I was an early depositor here in the states at my So. Cal. dealer. My build lock for a 4S was coming up around mid-April, but I knew with all the COVID-19 production shut-downs, it would be quite a while before I saw my Taycan. Instead, I scoured the country for a Turbo launch car and found one on the east coast (don't want to say which dealer), who was willing to part with it for a decent price. Here is a video of them loading it into the covered transport for the ride west. I should have it delivered to my home this weekend. I gave up on the whole dealership delivery experience and orientation in exchange for getting my hands on one of the few Turbos available in the States at a reasonable price. This will be my 11th Porsche over my lifetime, so I am comfortable with the brand and the technology and figuring out software, operations, etc. on my own. I actually prefer a good 3-hour read of the manual in my garage, familiarizing myself with all of the features. I just hope that there are no technical or operational issues with the car when it arrives, as getting a service appointment at my local dealership may be challenging.

By the way, I plan to keep my build place in the order cue, so that I can get a 4S 6-12 months from now, or whenever they restart production and deliveries, for my wife.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So I was an early depositor here in the states at my So. Cal. dealer. My build lock for a 4S was coming up around mid-April, but I knew with all the COVID-19 production shut-downs, it would be quite a while before I saw my Taycan. Instead, I scoured the country for a Turbo launch car and found one on the east coast (don't want to say which dealer), who was willing to part with it for a decent price. Here is a video of them loading it into the covered transport for the ride west. I should have it delivered to my home this weekend. I gave up on the whole dealership delivery experience and orientation in exchange for getting my hands on one of the few Turbos available in the States at a reasonable price. This will be my 11th Porsche over my lifetime, so I am comfortable with the brand and the technology and figuring out software, operations, etc. on my own. I actually prefer a good 3-hour read of the manual in my garage, familiarizing myself with all of the features. I just hope that there are no technical or operational issues with the car when it arrives, as getting a service appointment at my local dealership may be challenging.

By the way, I plan to keep my build place in the order cue, so that I can get a 4S 6-12 months from now, or whenever they restart production and deliveries, for my wife.
Great Strategy, I wish I had thought of that.

Chuck

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Are you saying you actually got it at a discount?

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are you saying you actually got it at a discount?
Yes, I am. The car was punched into service on January 3rd, 2020 and has 650 miles on it as one of the demo cars for the dealership. I believe, because this dealership has another new Taycan on the floor they can use for demo purposes, together with the concerns about demand from COVID-19, they were willing to discount a bit. I will be the first titled owner, but the warranty clock started 3 months ago.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also got one. They will not want to lose a slot. Ask them for one or go to nick murrey.
CT
Chuck

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Wow! So they are already discounting them! Does not bode well for used values! Nice to know you got a car you wanted and that too with a discount though :)

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bought my 991 after the 2008 issue and got a discount on that one also. It didn't depreciate any more. You have to ask. Just like you have to ask for a raise.

Chuck J
Sponsored