armear

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS 2023, 911 GT3 2018
Country flag
Hi, I've searched but didn't see anything similar.
I have a 2023 GTS has 13k KM but whenever I go over a speed hump the right pax side suspension creaks. Porsche mechanic confirmed it's not normal and needs fixing.
Car is currently with Porsche Dubai but they have never seen this issue and still trying to diagnose.
Any one experienced similar or can pint me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
The rear right side of my Taycan sometimes creaks, but only when in lift mode. It needs service in 2 months and it is on my list to mention to the dealer to look at it. Curious what they will find at your car.

mjoe

First Name
Florian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
MY 4S CT also has noticeable sounds on uneven terrain in all lift configurations.

The only way to make it go away was to drive with the hatch opened.. So in my case it seems to come from the trunk door..

Dealer will pick my vehicle up and check with various other things. Hoping that I'll get a nice loaner in the meantime..

OP
OP
armear

armear

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is what they sent.. Will share an update as soon as I have one. All the tools and no idea...

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm having a similar issue with a creak from right rear when on uneven surfaces. I'm also getting a strange noise, like a horse neighing, from the brakes when coming to a complete stop (not at any other times). Would this be due to the brake pads rather than regeneration?

OP
OP
armear

armear

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Tino82 the creaking sounds similar to what I'm experiencing but nothing on the brakes. Being electric one hears everything especially when it's something out of the ordinary.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Right rear too. I had an extra thump over bumps from the rear in my RWD steel spring Taycan that evolved into bed spring creaking. The dealer replaced the passenger rear shock under warranty and the difference was amazing. These cars should not be making these noises. It felt so much better too.

Last edited:

OP
OP
armear

armear

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Right rear too. I had an extra thump over bumps from the rear in my RWD steel spring Taycan that evolved into bed spring creaking. The dealer replaced the passenger rear shock under warranty and the difference was amazing. These cars should not be making these noises. It felt so much better too.
@hifi239
I'm hoping it's a simple fix but also have air suspension so hopefully not an issue there and if it's a shock replacement did they replace both or just the one?

DLP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Turbo
Country flag
Mine does the same. Been in a couple of times but they couldn't find anything untoward. They applied some grease the last time but the weather has been so wet lately i haven't noticed it..... Always worse in the dry. I will take note if we ever get a dry one!

WJK

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT, 992 GT3 Touring, Ducati SF V4S
Country flag
Mine does the same thing (comin from front suspension), especially in cold weather conditions.
I brought it up with my dealer and they said that they would look into it but I just haven't got around to it yet + it needs cold weather (well below freezing point) to replicate.

I think this is the underlying problem:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10232399-0001.pdf

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@hifi239
I'm hoping it's a simple fix but also have air suspension so hopefully not an issue there and if it's a shock replacement did they replace both or just the one?
They replaced just one. I think because the shock was defective and not just worn. I believe it would have cost more than $1500 to replace.

OP
OP
armear

armear

First Name
Amir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
AN UPDATE: Have been told by Porsche that they need to replace the front rightside shock abosorber, (under warranty but UAE cost for one shock $3,200) as they think that's the issue. :) Four week lead time for the parts and it's the first Taycan shock they have had to replace so let's see if this resolves the issue.
More annoying the Porsche shop managed to ding a wheel arch, luckily the PPF protected but needs to be redone at their cost. And they also pressue washed the crap out it so much that they managed to get water under the windscreen protective PPF which also needs replacing. Muppets!
Sponsored