Did I get the wrong home charger with my 4S (UK)?

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Recently collected my new 4S from West London OPC. The car came with a Porsche Universal Charger as per images. Some what confused by the mention of PMC / PMC+ in other posts and on the Porsche Taycan webpage.
Did I receive the wrong charger or am I confusing my acronyms?
Porsche Taycan Did I get the wrong home charger with my 4S (UK)? 0BFAAB17-123F-4157-86AB-AB40CA28F94B
Porsche Taycan Did I get the wrong home charger with my 4S (UK)? 29710265-B1C5-41FE-BF4B-B8DE23736DB4

Many thanks

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
That’s correct for the basic charger on new cars.
Do you get a different EVSE if you have specified the 22kw AC upgrade?

OP
OP
JP_21

JP_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No 22kw AC option specified.
Car is a MY23 for reference.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's the perfect charger to have. Throw it in the frunk and use it when travelling or for emergencies etc... Buy a 3rd party home charger. Will cost a fraction of the porsche PMCC and have better functionality. Search the forum, lots of discussions on what's recommended.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Recently collected my new 4S from West London OPC. The car came with a Porsche Universal Charger as per images. Some what confused by the mention of PMC / PMC+ in other posts and on the Porsche Taycan webpage.
Did I receive the wrong charger or am I confusing my acronyms?
0BFAAB17-123F-4157-86AB-AB40CA28F94B.jpeg
29710265-B1C5-41FE-BF4B-B8DE23736DB4.jpeg

Many thanks
This is the correct PMC+

The optional PMCC is the same shape but twice as deep and has a glass touch display with no buttons.

Montetorro

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, Touareg V6, Jag XF sports, MG ev5
Country flag
That is the correct charger. If you have access to a 32 amp supply you can use the blue commando plug and get 7.2 kW charging

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
interesting that it only 32 amps. in america it 40 amps.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
That’s the right one.
When I bought my 2020 Taycan I was forced to buy the fat expensive one for about £700 extra. The extra features were as much use as chocolate teapot.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s the right one.
When I bought my 2020 Taycan I was forced to buy the fat expensive one for about £700 extra. The extra features were as much use as chocolate teapot.
PMCC?

I got mine for free as there was a supply issue with the PMC+ (Nov'21) and have kept it for my new GTS ST. Excellent bit of kit IMHO.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I remember the thread about the chap asking if he should give his cable back!
I assume Porsche Aberdeen were happy to put the cheaper charger that came with the GTS in the boot of your old 4S and let you keep PMCC.
You did well getting it for free.
On my 2020 4S it was a ‘compulsory upgrade’ of £700 ish.
I was happy to see it go as I charge at home with 7kw per hour podpoint and I prefer the lighter, cheaper one for throwing in the frunk with an extension lead for cheeky holiday charges.
I never used any of the additional functionality of the expensive one in 2 years.
I bet it’s very clever but it’s too complicated for me!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I remember the thread about the chap asking if he should give his cable back!
I assume Porsche Aberdeen were happy to put the cheaper charger that came with the GTS in the boot of your old 4S and let you keep PMCC.
You did well getting it for free.
On my 2020 4S it was a ‘compulsory upgrade’ of £700 ish.
I was happy to see it go as I charge at home with 7kw per hour podpoint and I prefer the lighter, cheaper one for throwing in the frunk with an extension lead for cheeky holiday charges.
I never used any of the additional functionality of the expensive one in 2 years.
I bet it’s very clever but it’s too complicated for me!
I told them what I was doing from the outset - no drama at all and the new owner of my old 4S got a shiny new unboxed PMC+.

The compulsory piece kicked in Oct'21 on new orders - there was a window from Sep'21 til then I think.

I certainly would not have paid extra as I don't have 3 phase supply nor a 22 kW AC onboard charger.

There aren't really that many features - the PMC+ can be networked via ethernet and so the web interface will be similar to that of the PMCC. Little cause either to interface with it but the visible display can be handy as is the built in WiFi. I did invest in the PMD (Dock) where the PMCC sits flush rather than recessed (if PMC+). Day to day control is via My Porsche App so simples really.
Sponsored