911spy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross Turismo
Country flag
Just taken delivery of my Taycan 4S and trying to work out charging options at home. The Porsche charger I have is the 9YO.971.675.BJ. According to the back of the charger, it should run at 22Kw on a 32 Amp supply. However, according to the spec sheet that elberk has posted above, seems like that is only if the supply is three phase as opposed to single phase.

The spec sheet doesn't say what it runs at on a single phase 32 Amp supply. It says 3P+E+N on the back of the charger, which I assume means 3 Phase, plus Earth Plus Neutral - not sure if that helps anything. Porsche have done a great job of making this confusing as hell.. Have attached pictures of the back of the unit and plug adaptor here.

Any thoughts or input on this appreciated.. I'm getting a 32 Amp single phase socket installed next week, so I'll let you all know how that goes.
20200711_161537~01.jpg
20200711_161852.jpg
Hi Evan, can you tell me if your 3 phase charger worked with the blue 32amp commando on the single phase supply?? I’m about to try the same.
Thanks in advance
James

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Hi Evan, can you tell me if your 3 phase charger worked with the blue 32amp commando on the single phase supply?? I’m about to try the same.
Thanks in advance
James
The maximum rate you can get on a single phase 32amp circuit is 7kW so your charging time will be 13hours but I don’t think the original Porsche charger supported this.

For UK on the original 11kw -Porsche connect charger

13amp plug socket gives you 2.3KW for 40 hours charge time

32Amp (3 pin industrial blue cable) on 1 phase gives 3.6kw for 29 hours charge

16amp (5 pin industrial red cable) over 3 phases gives 11kw for 9h hours charge

The newer Porsche connect charger supports 22kw so you can get….

32amp (5 pin industrial red cable) over 3 phases gives 22kw for 4.5 hours charge.

Last edited:

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
For UK on the original 11kw -Porsche charger

The maximum rate you can get on a single phase 32amp circuit is 7kW so your charging time will be 13hours.

16amp (5 pin industrial red cable) over 3 phases gives 11kw for 9h hours vaurge
I think you would get over 7kW with 32A single phase 230V supply.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The maximum rate you can get on a single phase 32amp circuit is 7kW so your charging time will be 13hours but I don’t think the original Porsche charger supported this.

For UK on the original 11kw -Porsche connect charger

16amp (5 pin industrial red cable) over 3 phases gives 11kw for 9h hours charge

The newer Porsche connect charger supports 22kw so you can get….

32amp (5 pin industrial red cable) over 3 phases gives 22kw for 4.5 hours charge.
Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC+) (11kW) - 7.4kW on 32A single phase - standard EVSE supplied with the car since launch I believe (certainly in MY21 vehicles).

Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) - up to 22kW (since MY21 (2020)). Require 3 phase to get this level of power. Car must also have the 22kW AC onboard charger to take full advantage. PMCC will give you 11kW on three phase if you don't have the 22kW AC onboard charger.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC+) (11kW) - 7.4kW on 32A single phase - standard EVSE supplied with the car since launch I believe (certainly in MY21 vehicles).

Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) - up to 22kW (since MY21 (2020)). Require 3 phase to get this level of power. Car must also have the 22kW AC onboard charger to take full advantage. PMCC will give you 11kW on three phase if you don't have the 22kW AC onboard charger.
Don't forget the new porsche guidance that you should only charge at 6kw (i,.e. not 7.4kw) over single phase if you have the 22kw ac onboard charger.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Don't forget the new porsche guidance that you should only charge at 6kw (i,.e. not 7.4kw) over single phase if you have the 22kw ac onboard charger.
Indeed but as they've only published this on the confuserator and not communicated publically anyone who ordered this option since 2020 and not been following this forum will be blissfully unaware of a potential issue.

Hopefully this is a temporary limitation and one that should arguably be addressed automatically via a software patch to either the car and / or the PMCC where used to limit the current available.
Sponsored