Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
life’s too short
Agreed.
My system is old on an old house with a complex roof so I only generate a peak of about 3.25kW by now BUT I am paid around £0.61 per kWh whether I use it myself or not.
I just leave it on standard tarrif and charge when I want, particularly leaning towards sunny days.

I don't do enough miles for it to be more than a financial pimple on costs.
Sponsored

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
Agreed.
My system is old on an old house with a complex roof so I only generate a peak of about 3.25kW by now BUT I am paid around £0.61 per kWh whether I use it myself or not.
I just leave it on standard tarrif and charge when I want, particularly leaning towards sunny days.

I don't do enough miles for it to be more than a financial pimple on costs.
Exactly my position.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Yep, and Zappi is very very good at that. However, Octopus Intelligent tariff gives you 6 hours of 7.5p/Kwh overnight plus 15p/Kwh for export. So it’s better to export your solar and charge overnight currently. Plus, it can give you extra hours at the low rate to charge. Yesterday I got the 7.5p rate between 18:30 and 08:00.
I have a Tesla Powerwall too, so 99% of my use can be on the low rate :)

I’ve wired my Zappi to be ‘grid side’ of the Powerwall - so the battery will never be used to charge the car.

use yesterday according to Powerwall:

1700983528333.png

Grid use according to Zappi:
1700983606293.png
Your graphs look similar to mine although my batteries are DC side. I got my bill yesterday… 10kWh daytime usage for the month and 788kWh for the night time. Great tariff!