senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Just plugged in. Ohme set straight to delayed charging to 21:30 and within 2 mins car come back with error and red error light. I suspect it will charge at 21:30 although not sure why then as only need 9%.
Sponsored

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Update:

The last 2 night charges have worked correctly. No timers on the Ohme App, car charge profile 85% optimised, car timer profile 85% by 6.00am daily repeat. When car is first plugged in the Ohme charger flashes green then blue. The car charger indicator lamp lights up blue. The app says charge pause. Next morning car charged to 85%, all at low energy rate and no charge error alert on app. Sadly, it’s not all good news. The Ohme charger the following day has a green light with fixed red indicator light which signifies a charger fault. If you simply plug the car in again, you get a charging error alert and the car indicator light goes fixed red and from my experience, the car will not charge. The way to overcome this is to disconnect the car, switch the circuit breaker serving the charger off for at least 10 minutes. Switch the breaker on again, plug the car back in and hey presto, flashing blue and green charger lights, flashing blue on the car and the app says charge paused. It seems that when the charge cycle is complete, the charger seems to get stuck in some fault mode loop which can only be cleared with a hard reset. I’m going for the third attempt tonight!
I’ve had that. I seem to remember it was linked to over voltage

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Just plugged in. Ohme set straight to delayed charging to 21:30 and within 2 mins car come back with error and red error light. I suspect it will charge at 21:30 although not sure why then as only need 9%.
Woke up and it had only charged 6% but had 10 charging errors from the car. Looks like it restarted at 6:30am but showing full charge by 8:20am. I’d plugged in at about 7:20pm with a charge to 100% by 7:00am.

Sent an update to Ohme but am going to revert to Octopus controlling the car. I can’t see any way I can check the charging schedule via Ohme and am not comfortable with frequent charging errors/red status.

OP
OP

Hazmo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My charge worked as planned overnight. I started at a charge level of 79% and this morning I checked the app and it was at 85% and no alarms. I’ve yet to check the charger to see if it has gone into error mode. If it has I’ll need to do a hard reboot.

When the charge goes according to plan, I get a notification from Ohme advising that a “dynamic charging schedule” has been calculated although this never appears in either the Ohme or Porsche app. This occurs when I first plug the car in. The key for me is the charging light on the car which must be blue and the message in the Porsche app which must say charge paused. Anything else and it fails.

The whole process is very temperamental but I would concur with previous contributors that control has to be either/or in that you set everything up with Ohme/Octopus or the car/porsche app. In my experience controls at both ends causes conflicts. The other thing that has caused problems for me is logging into my Porsche on the Ohme app when selecting the car. I just proceed without logging in and just select Porsche and then the model. This means that the Ohme app can’t establish charge percentage so has no way of telling how much to add to achieve 85% but in my case this doesn’t matter as the limit is controlled by the car. As far as Ohme is concerned it will always just assume a 100% charge.

None of this is conducive to a good night’s sleep as I’m constantly anxiously checking the app whenever I wake in the night!!

Good luck and hope you manage to get it sorted.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I’ve had that. I seem to remember it was linked to over voltage
Same, well actually the opposite - i had too low voltage.

I wasn't having problems with smart charging (i was just on dumb at the time) , just the car failing to charge (red battery) / my EVSE throwing an error. Restart the EVSE at the switchboard and sometimes it would work, smetimes not etc.

I assumed it was a broken EVSE (wallbox) but after investigation by a wall box electrician and then the power company my voltage was too low - about 215 or something. Anyway that was causing the problems not the car or the charging kit. The grid has a legal requirement to give a minimum of about 220v so they fixed it - all outside in the street stuff.

dave200

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4s Plus
Country flag
For what it's worth, I was in the circle of doom a few months ago trying to figure out charging sequences, my setup is Octopus Go with a Zappi wall charger. As already suggested, delete all Porsche car timers, delete all wall charger timers and let Octopus Go control the charge. Plug in and keep refreshing the app for suggested time slots. It will happen anyway.

One thing to leave untouched when it arrives on the car timer is the 'Enode' charge profile which comes from Octopus, it also sets up a timer for way in advance (mine is showing 2 days ahead) which is a way of preventing an early charge.

They may also drip charge in the middle of the day if they want to, it would be charged at the off-peak rate anyway.

So far it has worked flawlessly, a half(40kw ish) overnight charge at 7.5ppm costs a whopping £3.

I've also let my Ionity membership go and elected to use Tesla instead when I'm out & about, Tesla has a lot more vacant chargers and is just a tad behind on charge speed.

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Going to give up charging via Ohme control. Got it plugged in tonight, finally worked out how to see charging schedule (have to hold notification and it shows it in full but nothing in app). However, have had 6 charging errors since plugging in and seems to fail at set times - so xxh:00m, xxh:15mm, xx:30m, xxh:45m. Just weird.

Not keen to continue getting charging errors. If I continue to have issues when I switch back to Octopus control, I'm going to look at having the charger replaced as the integrations are quite frankly, crap

OP
OP

Hazmo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Going to give up charging via Ohme control. Got it plugged in tonight, finally worked out how to see charging schedule (have to hold notification and it shows it in full but nothing in app). However, have had 6 charging errors since plugging in and seems to fail at set times - so xxh:00m, xxh:15mm, xx:30m, xxh:45m. Just weird.

Not keen to continue getting charging errors. If I continue to have issues when I switch back to Octopus control, I'm going to look at having the charger replaced as the integrations are quite frankly, crap
My charging has worked fine for about a week now. The only thing is that I have to do a power off cycle every day but I can live with that for now. If you want details of my settings to try, let me know.

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
My charging has worked fine for about a week now. The only thing is that I have to do a power off cycle every day but I can live with that for now. If you want details of my settings to try, let me know.
Do you have Octopus control charging or Ohme? If former then yes please - I can live with charger failing more than I can the car. Woke up this morning to 3 more errors and it’s only at 80% despite the schedule starting at 19:15 last night (when range was at approx 12%). I noticed a few times last night it was charging at 3kw. The ohme control is garbage.

OP
OP

Hazmo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Do you have Octopus control charging or Ohme? If former then yes please - I can live with charger failing more than I can the car. Woke up this morning to 3 more errors and it’s only at 80% despite the schedule starting at 19:15 last night (when range was at approx 12%). I noticed a few times last night it was charging at 3kw. The ohme control is garbage.
Neither. As I’m on Octopus Intelligent Go, I can’t use the Octopus App to control charging. I can only use the car/app or the Ohme App and I’ve managed to get it working using the car/app to control everything.

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Neither. As I’m on Octopus Intelligent Go, I can’t use the Octopus App to control charging. I can only use the car/app or the Ohme App and I’ve managed to get it working using the car/app to control everything.
Octopus IG can control the charging (and prior to an Ohme update 2 weeks ago, seemed to work really well).

I'll persist for the moment as want the intelligent features as opposed to using the car schedules/restricting to the 6hrs (IF I can get it working properly again that is!)

Peterp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have been having exactly the same issues. At the start it worked fine but lately I've been getting multiple charging errors. I've managed to set the delayed charging after lots of messing around and last night it really wasn't playing ball despite powering down the meter at the mains, unplugging for a few minutes etc. In the end I disabled (but not deleted) the timers in the Porsche app and only used the Ohme one. The Porsche app constantly came back with charging errors although the wall box said delayed charging was set as planned. I went to bed and this morning it had charged to pretty much what I wanted (80%). I will try to see if I can get it to work with just the Porsche app next time although on the last go it only worked as a direct charge. Has anyone else been having an issue with the Ohme box going offline and having to reset it by the fuse box?

OP
OP

Hazmo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have been having exactly the same issues. At the start it worked fine but lately I've been getting multiple charging errors. I've managed to set the delayed charging after lots of messing around and last night it really wasn't playing ball despite powering down the meter at the mains, unplugging for a few minutes etc. In the end I disabled (but not deleted) the timers in the Porsche app and only used the Ohme one. The Porsche app constantly came back with charging errors although the wall box said delayed charging was set as planned. I went to bed and this morning it had charged to pretty much what I wanted (80%). I will try to see if I can get it to work with just the Porsche app next time although on the last go it only worked as a direct charge. Has anyone else been having an issue with the Ohme box going offline and having to reset it by the fuse box?
Yes. I have to reset my charger every day from the mains. The charging works fine but on completion, the charger defaults to a green bar with a solid red bar which signifies a charger fault. This can only be cleared by a power off cycle.

Peterp

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Yes. I have to reset my charger every day from the mains. The charging works fine but on completion, the charger defaults to a green bar with a solid red bar which signifies a charger fault. This can only be cleared by a power off cycle.
Thanks. So do you turn off at the mains before plugging in or whilst it's plugged into the car and with the timer all set in the Ohme app?

OP
OP

Hazmo

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks. So do you turn off at the mains before plugging in or whilst it's plugged into the car and with the timer all set in the Ohme app?
This is how I set mine up and it seems to work but as the integration between Octopus/Ohme/Porsche is so flakey, I can’t be sure it will work for you, but here goes.
Octopus App - Register the Ohme charger in the app (not the car). This should then appear as a device at the bottom of the screen. When you select the device it will tell you it’s in Beta stage and controls should be done at the Ohme app. This is all assuming you are in the Octopus Intelligent Go tariff.
Ohme app - go to manage my EV’s then select manufacturer. You will get the option to login to your Porsche account but ignore this and proceed without login. Select your car and this should appear in Manage My EV. The app won’t be able to tell how much charge the car has but that doesn’t matter. Don’t set anything else on the app (timers/profiles/price cap)
Porsche app (or car) - firstly set your General charging profile to location independent, optimised charging and then 25% minimum charge. I’ve tried this setting at 25% and 85% either seem to work but if yours fails (red charging light on car) try changing the minimum charge. On the timer tab set Ready for Departure to 0600, set daily repeat and click each day, leave Air Conditioning off and finally set the charge limit to 85%.
If using app confirm both profile and timer and send to car. Leave direct charging off.
Leave the car unplugged. Switch the mains breaker off for 10 minutes then switch on. The charger will blink and after a few seconds stabilise. If you get a solid red at this stage, try rebooting again. Once stabilised, plug the car in and the charger should cycle blue and green and the car charging indicator should flash white then blue. In the Porsche app, the charging status will say pause and there will be a notification from Ohme advising that a dynamic charging schedule has been calculated. With mine, when I get the blue lights, everything works fine. The charging will stop and start depending on Octopus demand and the car will charge to a maximum of 85% . On occasion, if the car has a very low charge (10-20%), it may not achieve the 85% by 0600.
The only issue I have is that on completion, the charger goes green and solid red and I have to do a power cycle which I do with the car unplugged.
if you decide to give this a go, good luck and let me know if it works.
Sponsored