Did you post your car on your social media when it arrived?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My experience here in the UK has been the opposite in more expensive sporty cars as if there is a significant minority of drivers who resent its (or my) existence
Agree.... šŸ‘

There are a lot of (jealous) people in the UK who really don't like the typical German marques of BMW, Audi, Merc.

I notice it a lot when looking at comments in local news websites.
If the article is about say a BMW crashing, the comments still be full of 'just a typical arrogant BMW driver not paying aftention' 'typical selfish German car driver crashes again' etc etc.

Its quite pathetic how people need to group and hate others.

Not noticed it so much in the Taycan.
Firstly, because it's electric, people are unsure whether to like it or hate it currently.
Secondly, when a low, wide Taycan with its multiple headlights approaches, people tend to be a bit wary.
Even boy racers know of the Taycans performance so treat you with caution.
Sponsored

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Agree.... šŸ‘

There are a lot of (jealous) people in the UK who really don't like the typical German marques of BMW, Audi, Merc.

I notice it a lot when looking at comments in local news websites.
If the article is about say a BMW crashing, the comments still be full of 'just a typical arrogant BMW driver not paying aftention' 'typical selfish German car driver crashes again' etc etc.

Its quite pathetic how people need to group and hate others.

Not noticed it so much in the Taycan.
Firstly, because it's electric, people are unsure whether to like it or hate it currently.
Secondly, when a low, wide Taycan with its multiple headlights approaches, people tend to be a bit wary.
Even boy racers know of the Taycans performance so treat you with caution.
that doesnā€™t stop people tail gating and flashing their lights at you on the motorway !

I had this on the M1 even though I had two cars in front of me. As soon as the cars moved over I gave in and left them for dead until maturity got the better of meā€¦.(still took him ages to catch up to me)

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I would never share beyond a page like this, because I am honestly a bit ashamed about spending any money on material things, including cars. See my signature, which has long been a truly held belief of mine for many years. I am of course as big of a hypocrite or worse as anyone, and I am certainly not a US religious fanatic seeking to preach to anyone, but the story of the rich man and Lazarus continues to strike a little terror in my heart. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_man_and_Lazarus. Yes, I work very hard (including at the moment although I'm taking a bit of a break), but I cannot help but wonder whether I should be doing more to help those who are less fortunate than I am, and I certainly do not think I in any way "deserve" the luck I have had in this life . . .

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
These days I have such a small circle of people I'm really interested in and vice versa that I've never had a use for personal social media. Here's the only place I find people with more than a superficial interest in the Taycan (though I'm surprised by how often strangers come over to make positive comments when I'm parked up).

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
Uh, what? I was referring to privacy issues, integrity and information security. Together with the fact that US govt now can pretty much ask for what ever data they like from any US based company.

I donā€™t do politics. Not here at least.
I'm in tech, and the dirty little secret is that the European Court of Justice didn't seem to understand when ruling on Mr. Max Schrem's complaint that the very statutes of which they complained (e.g., FISA) actually provide more protections for data transferred to the US than it does for data outside the US (and it doesn't matter whether it is a US company or not), not to mention the fact that the UK and EU do TONS of surveillance within the EU and beyond, so the hypocrisy (or misunderstanding -- not trying to be political, really) is ripe. The irony that GDPR arose at least in part out of concern about the privacy abuses associated with WWII and beyond and yet governments are largely exempted is a little hilarious (and sad). Just don't assume that your information will be free from government review anywhere (including with encryption) and you will be off to a good start. Luckily for everyone other than, I guess, my wife, I'm a pretty boring lad.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not to mention how much better-behaved other drivers are when I approach in the Taycan... in the Kia I find I have to drive much more defensively as everyone tries to cut me off.
I agree re. better behavior. The one exception this summer was rural France where a few local men grunted in a very obvious manner when parked next to it:)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Posting a picture of your brand new fancy car on social media implies you care about what people think of you. The paradox is that a large portion of those people will actually think more negatively after seeing such a lavish car, whether because they think you don't deserve it, or are wasteful with money, you should share your perceived wealth with less fortunate friends, call you an overachiever, etc. So caring about what people think about you leads to posting on social media which in turn leads to people thinking more negatively about you!

Full disclosure, I don't have, nor ever had, any social media accounts under my personal name, except for professional networks where I don't post any personal stuff. The closest I ever came was a family pictures website a while back, but I hosted it myself, and it was only available to close family and friends. I am in tech too, so also know the privacy (or lack thereof) associated with social media today, therefore being a private person I stay away from them. I don't buy cars to show off to others, I buy them for me, primarily to drive. I enjoy driving good cars, learning about them, and improving them.

I might occasionally share a picture of my cars on a specific interest forums, like this one, or perhaps a car mods forum, with the sole purpose to share with people who I believe want to see the car, and couldn't give a rats ass who it belongs to. In other words, I will only post pictures of the car when it's about the car, not me.

2P168S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just purely out of interest and a bit niche, but Iā€™m just interested to see other peopleā€™s experiences.

I mostly post family stuff and the odd holiday on Facebook etc and as much as Iā€™d love to post some photos of my Taycan Turbo S when it arrives, I just donā€™t think thereā€™s a subtle way to say ā€˜hey, Iā€™ve just taken delivery of this awesome car!ā€™

Did you post yours when it arrived or did you keep it low key? If you did post it, what were the reactions like?
No

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Absolutely not, I could care less what others think. I donā€™t want anyoneā€™s attention unlike a lot of people today. Forums is as far as I go, social media to me is the downfall of society.

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
No, I'll only be sharing the odd picture with close friends on WhatsApp if anything. If I'd post on social media, people would just think I'm trying to be flashy and showing off... and I don't want them to know they're right! :rock:
Sponsored