Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Picked up today.
First impressions……
- just wow!!!!!
- the car gets far too many admiring onlookers for my liking…..???Literally everyone who walks past it, sees it at junctions, who you drive past seems to stop and stare and make comment
- Mines a 4S which is easily fast enough for me. Power is instant. No lag, very different for me as a first time EV driver
Can’t imagine how insane the turbo s is!!
- finish is top class, everything shouts quality (with a couple of minor things that could be better if you can afford the upgrades. See below)
- handling is better than I could have imagined, especially for a big car. Dips in beautifully around corners. Exiting them is simply invigorating.
- there’s a silly sticking out piece next to the steering wheel which you bang your knee on when getting in and out
- Bose stereo is awesome. Heard new things I’d never heard before in songs I’d listened to 100 Times before
- leather is “just ok” - It’s not as good as the top class leather you get in some premium cars. If you can afford (I couldn’t) it I’d get the olea leather as I think the standard leather could be nicer
- get the upgraded seats if you can afford it. The 8 way standard are “ok” but again, they could be better.
- All in all its simply awesome.They look much “sportier” than I though they would, they definitely catch the eye and are a thing of Beauty.
Even my wife loves it and she has no interest in cars at all!

Rob

Porsche Taycan First day - first impressions 1A2B8D4E-74FC-4118-9AD1-07DDBCB11322

Porsche Taycan First day - first impressions 88FEFD97-E180-4FD2-AE22-AAA62B60BA4F

Porsche Taycan First day - first impressions 96AD2698-717A-4840-81C9-F981AD05C61D

Porsche Taycan First day - first impressions 36D3494C-F573-4483-8CF1-DF6900FE5350

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Picked up today.
First impressions……
- just wow!!!!!
- the car gets far too many admiring onlookers for my liking…..???Literally everyone who walks past it, sees it at junctions, who you drive past seems to stop and stare and make comment
- Mines a 4S which is easily fast enough for me. Power is instant. No lag, very different for me as a first time EV driver
Can’t imagine how insane the turbo s is!!
- finish is top class, everything shouts quality (with a couple of minor things that could be better if you can afford the upgrades. See below)
- handling is better than I could have imagined, especially for a big car. Dips in beautifully around corners. Exiting them is simply invigorating.
- there’s a silly sticking out piece next to the steering wheel which you bang your knee on when getting in and out
- Bose stereo is awesome. Heard new things I’d never heard before in songs I’d listened to 100 Times before
- leather is “just ok” - It’s not as good as the top class leather you get in some premium cars. If you can afford (I couldn’t) it I’d get the olea leather as I think the standard leather could be nicer
- get the upgraded seats if you can afford it. The 8 way standard are “ok” but again, they could be better.
- All in all its simply awesome.They look much “sportier” than I though they would, they definitely catch the eye and are a thing of Beauty.
Even my wife loves it and she has no interest in cars at all!

Rob

1A2B8D4E-74FC-4118-9AD1-07DDBCB11322.jpeg

88FEFD97-E180-4FD2-AE22-AAA62B60BA4F.jpeg

96AD2698-717A-4840-81C9-F981AD05C61D.jpeg

36D3494C-F573-4483-8CF1-DF6900FE5350.png
enjoy! and good luck..it can be a really fun car!

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Congrats! Getting me excitedjust imaging how i'll feel once mine finally arrives!
Me too!! How I can get any more excited is ludicrous…but it keeps happening! Mine is in Nexico and headed to Nor Cal dealer soon! Dec 3rd delivery but likely to bump up as no open campaigns! Woot!

OP
OP

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
5 days in, and could not be happier.
No issues at all (fingers crossed it continues)
Only positives so far
If you like positive reinforcement of your decisions then buying one of these is the way to go. ??
The reaction from everyone who has seen it has been “wow!!”
As my wife says “it’s ridiculous to spend that on a car…..but it’s fun, and I can see why you love it, and it makes you smile every time you get in it so it’s worth every penny”

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Good report!
What is your configuration? Is yours an Ice Grey or Dolomite Silver?
What do you wish you had ordered?
What do you order which you could you live without?

OP
OP

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Good report!
What is your configuration? Is yours an Ice Grey or Dolomite Silver?
What do you wish you had ordered?
What do you order which you could you live without?
Hi

It’s dolomite. ?

As for things I wish I had ordered, well it’s all subjective, and I had a maximum of £100k which is what I spent.

But, assuming I had more money, I would have definitely ordered…
- olea leather (the standard leather is “ok”, maybe 7/10)
- burmester stereo, cos it’s awesome. But stupid money, and the Bose one I have is really good. Maybe 8.5/10. But the burmeister is 10/10
- surround cameras. It’s a big car. Bigger than I thought and I’m scared to death I’m going to ding it

As for what I did order

Bose 8.5/10
Leather 7/10
Wheels 9/10 - they look really good, and are perfect with the silver imo
Ambient lighting 9/10 (a bit posey but hey. It’s a nice touch)
Pan roof 9/10 (it’s a lot of money though and could easily be dropped If on a budget)

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
As for things I wish I had ordered, well it’s all subjective, and I had a maximum of £100k which is what I spent.

- burmester stereo, cos it’s awesome. But stupid money, and the Bose one I have is really good. Maybe 8.5/10. But the burmeister is 10/10
- surround cameras. It’s a big car. Bigger than I thought and I’m scared to death I’m going to ding it

As for what I did order

Bose 8.5/10
Leather 7/10
Pan roof 9/10 (it’s a lot of money though and could easily be dropped If on a budget)
Thanks!
I see you have some regrets on not getting the 14 way seats. Any regrets on not getting rear wheel steering?

OP
OP

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
Thanks!
I see you have some regrets on not getting the 14 way seats. Any regrets on not getting rear wheel steering?
Dunno to be honest. As I haven’t experienced it with it.
Yeah. The 8 way seats are not great. I’m having trouble getting them set to my liking, and I’ve got a bad back, and having a bit of pain in my legs- probably an age thing!!

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Looks great tho..Congrats! Thanks for sharing your impressions. :)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Dunno to be honest. As I haven’t experienced it with it.
Yeah. The 8 way seats are not great. I’m having trouble getting them set to my liking, and I’ve got a bad back, and having a bit of pain in my legs- probably an age thing!!
Love the look of your CT Robbie.
If I was going for a CT I would copy that (I've got a saloon in Ice Grey and same wheels) and gives it a similar two tone look.

Top Tip:
On the seats... I find however you set them on a new car gives me grief. Its just the tansition from one car to the other. Best thing is to set the new ones ONCE then just leave them and let your body adjust to them. Don't keep tinkering as you just keep starting from scratch.

Get in, push your head back in the headrest, arms out straight and rest your wrist on the top of the steering wheel (use steering wheel rake and seat adjustments).
Then adjust the wheel height so you can see the most of your dials. Then adjust all the other seat and mirror adjustments.
THEN just Leave it alone.

?

Last edited:

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hi

It’s dolomite. ?

As for what I did order

Bose 8.5/10
Leather 7/10
Great looking car. I'm going for the same with same budget. Can you share your build code or full spec?

Agree on the surround view.
Haven't added the Bose get and wondering if the partial leather is OK if full is not that great?

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great looking car. I'm going for the same with same budget. Can you share your build code or full spec?

Agree on the surround view.
Haven't added the Bose get and wondering if the partial leather is OK if full is not that great?
I have the partial/standard leather (ie, not “full” leather.”) I think it’s fine. Other than the headrest, all the parts that touch you are leather, and I suspect it will wear better over the years. Yes, there’s a lot of plastic for a $125k+ car. But it’s all still high quality and well put together and looks nice. I went with the wood and neodyme to jazz up the interior, and I don’t regret it at all. If I weren’t on a budget and didn’t have little kids, I would have spec’d the full leather too, but no regrets so far.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I have the partial/standard leather (ie, not “full” leather.”) I think it’s fine. Other than the headrest, all the parts that touch you are leather, and I suspect it will wear better over the years. Yes, there’s a lot of plastic for a $125k+ car. But it’s all still high quality and well put together and looks nice. I went with the wood and neodyme to jazz up the interior, and I don’t regret it at all. If I weren’t on a budget and didn’t have little kids, I would have spec’d the full leather too, but no regrets so far.
Thanks for the feedback, do you have any interior photos? I'm yet to find one with partial leather to view in real life.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
If this is the dashboard trim piece, try to avoid making contact with this or it will rub raw and look like crap. I just had to replace mine for this reason.

I finally worked out that moving the steering wheel fully forward before exiting allows me to get out without the Taycan Twist exit move.
Sponsored