Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne T Coupe, Macan GTS, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Paid a visit to my OPC today to check out their GTS ST. First time seeing a GTS and an ST in the Flesh.

A few thoughts...

Generally speaking love the overall look of the ST. Never been a fan of the CT for it's cladding and "off-road" stance. The ST ticks the boxes perfectly for me on all fronts

The colour here is Coffee Beige Metallic. Not a fan! I don't see it being popular
As with other GTS ST appearing at dealerships, this was very much a launch spec. No GTS logos anywhere on the exterior of the car, partly due to it having the Carbon Sports Design Package but surprisingly Model Designation missing from the rear too.

On a personal note... Seeing the car in the metal today has helped with the following points:

Carbon Sports Design Package - As much as I prefer the Carbon front apron, which is more Turbo-like, I have a serious issue with the rear diffuser, which is too much like the CT cladding. I shall not spec the Carbon Design Package

Manual Charge Cover - I will stick with the manual charge cover. I feel the electric one is another something that could fail and the manual flap is perfectly adequate. I will however be adding some mesh to the wheel arch side air curtains

RS Spyder Wheels - Personally these have always been a must for me, especially with being GTS specific. They are stunning up close and i couldn't even consider an alternative. Will look great with any colour or spec

Brakes - I hadn't for one second considered upgrading the brakes. Until Now! I had been dead set on the red calipers as a nice contrast to the Satin Black Wheel. However, as you can see from the pics the demo car has the PSCB Black Gloss. I'm now thinking the Wheels need the bigger brake disc. The standard Red caliper brake may look quite wimpy.

Boot Space - Impressive. Very decent size overall. Generous opening. Lots of lashing points, strapping options and bag hooks

GTS Interior - The GTS Interior (CRAYON) is possibly the thing I was hoping to see the most ahead of locking in my spec. Now having experienced it, it's a big YES from me! I really like it! The Race-Tex feels expensive and luxurious. I was concerned there would be too much, however i am 100% sold on the GTS interior. Just the right ratio of leather and Race-Tex. The Race-Tex itself looks to be more of a Grey than black, which lifts the cabin just that little bit. The contrast stitching is just enough too.
Race-Tex to the B-Pillars is a must for the GTS Interior!
The carbon accents are subtle and do not have that awful tacky glossy finish that you find in Mercedes for example.
The clock on the dash went unnoticed if i'm honest. Could take it or leave it in all honesty

Pano Roof - Never been interested in a Pano roof. Still not interested. It's a no from me!

Head-Up Display - Another option that may get selected for looks alone and not actual functionality. I simply prefer the look of the dash and main Driver Zone with the HUD shroud

For Rear Passengers - More than enough space. The legroom is good. Will definitely be having the 2+1 rear seats. Really not a fan of the plastic tray in place of the middle seat.
The rear center console looked lacking without the 4 Zone Climate, I will therefore be definitely having 4 Zone for rear aesthetics.

Passenger Display - Entirely unnecessary! However, i can appreciate how it would break up the dash a little

All i need to do now is to settle on a colour for the exterior. 90% sure Volcano

Does anyone know of an OPC with a GTS ST in Volcano?

(Wasn't a lot of space in the Showroom so quite a few pics were taken at 0.5)

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 0B0B14D5-633C-4044-8B58-252F974A962BL0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1E8D5194-4702-4799-A7D6-1251B082DAA0L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 2C64DD81-0EB6-4184-BA3E-29D627648B42L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 4A3E5451-1BB1-433E-AFA5-7AC5BA7E488AL0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 5A1345FF-ED35-4712-BDE0-F7A2D7DF7971L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 7D63F795-DB3E-47BD-9E89-A0D3B501E45DL0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 088A4AAE-41A5-4E6A-A5DB-2AA76997B5D5L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 2120EAB9-ABF0-4EDF-A1C7-FAC089380084L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 5292B1B1-1CCB-49C0-B9B4-E5EB9134D25CL0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 861514AB-CF31-4E2C-A0C2-9A523CAA3B63L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 09143643-7DB4-47FA-8955-DAA4E1AF3A74L0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild D6297129-3B86-4447-869F-BFDFB2B26B1AL0001

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild FA73A82B-4A14-4344-885F-47C942A12AC5L0001 - Copy

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild FDDD22D0-43CC-4FF3-9E75-47D870BC2C56L0001

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Are they definitely the PSCBs? Or just std brakes with black calipers??

That colour actually looks quite nice in those pics :)

Agree with much of the rest, especially the RaceTex comments. I'm the opposite way on the HUD binnacle.

I'd try and find a car with no pano' roof before finalising. I think the extra light they let into the cabin is very worthwhile.

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are they definitely the PSCBs? Or just std brakes with black calipers??

That colour actually looks quite nice in those pics :)

Agree with much of the rest, especially the RaceTex comments. I'm the opposite way on the HUD binnacle.

I'd try and find a car with no pano' roof before finalising. I think the extra light they let into the cabin is very worthwhile.

Appreciate your input...

That's a good question with regard to the brakes. Now i'm unsure ? I'll have to double-check that detail. Either way having now seen more Taycans in the metal, those with larger versions of the brakes really do look better IMHO

My mind is always open to considerations with the specification. I shall absolutely try to find an example of no pano for real-world comparison

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Paid a visit to my OPC today to check out their GTS ST. First time seeing a GTS and an ST in the Flesh.

A few thoughts...

Generally speaking love the overall look of the ST. Never been a fan of the CT for it's cladding and "off-road" stance. The ST ticks the boxes perfectly for me on all fronts

Nice overview and I concur!

Carbon SportDesign Package - After deliberating, I too decided the SportDesign package was a total waste for nothing more than it doesn't add anything aesthetically, and (rear) breaks up the lines of the car in a nasty way. All of that for £2,500!

It only adds extra material onto the rear diffuser, where the sideskirts are unchanged other than cosmetics, and the front has a very subtle shape change. You also lose the "GTS" designation on the sideskirts, which is a unique feature of the model.

Unless you really love the look of carbon fibre, and are quite into Vauxhall Astra body kits, it's one of the worst options for the GTS in my opinion. I also expect paintwork damage in the gap between the rear bumper fins and body, where those huge back tyres will kick up debris that then ricochets between the gap.

Charge cover - I am speccing the electric charging cover as the black detail is a nice aesthetic touch, though I understand it does block up the vent behind the front wheel. Not sure if that too might affect range, but I doubt it will be measurable.

Brakes - I am quite certain those are upgraded where the standard GTS brakes are graphite and not silver coloured. So there is an aesthetics/performance decision to make as well, where I prefer the look of standard, but could feel reassured with superior braking on a 500hp 2.2 tonne vehicle. That said I am quite certain for almost all driving standard brakes will be fine, which is why I am not speccing upgrades, instead opting for PDCC (though I'll decide for sure on that after my PEC test drive).

GTS Interior - the Race-Tex is nice, but I am still unsure whether it will look good after 2 years of use. I also want leather in a luxury car, and am likely going Club Olea for that reason, where I feel meranti brown could work nicely with my Carmine Red exterior. I sat inside the GTS ST of Porsche Leicester and was impressed with the Race-Tex interior. It is as you describe: more grey than black, but I wasn't convinced and it also limits customisation, that I also wanted to control.

Volcano GTS ST example - In terms of Volcano, Porsche Leicester have the below GTS ST in metallic black. It's at least closer to your desired colour than that (nasty) coffee metallic colour.

I thought in the black, the GTS ST looked like a hearse:

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1645627255544
Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1645627275400

I don't think any dark colour would work where it:
1. Makes it difficult to even see what the car is
2. Breaks up the very subtle lines of the car, which is why it's so aesthetically pleasing in light colours (and why practically every other Taycan is either white or silver).

You could head to Porsche Leicester to get a feel of what your GTS ST would look like in a dark colour.

I'm getting Carmine Red, PPF'ed and ceramic coated because... It's a GTS and it's my first Porsche and I want that colour shimmering at all times, accentuating the curves of the Taycan.

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1645626181569

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1645626197661

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1645626216093

Last edited:

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice overview and I concur!

Carbon SportDesign Package - After deliberating, I too decided the SportDesign package was a total waste for nothing more than it doesn't add anything aesthetically, and (rear) breaks up the lines of the car in a nasty way. All of that for £2,500!

It only adds extra material onto the rear diffuser, where the sideskirts are unchanged other than cosmetics, and the front has a very subtle shape change. You also lose the "GTS" designation on the sideskirts, which is a unique feature of the model.

Unless you really love the look of carbon fibre, and are quite into Vauxhall Astra body kits, it's one of the worst options for the GTS in my opinion. I also expect paintwork damage in the gap between the rear skirt and body, where those huge back tyres will kick up debris that then ricochets between the gap.

Charge cover - I am speccing the electric charging cover as the black detail is a nice aesthetic touch, though I understand it does block up the vent behind the front wheel. Not sure if that too might affect range, but I doubt it will be measurable.

Brakes - I am quite certain those are upgraded where the standard GTS brakes are graphite and not silver coloured. So there is an aesthetics/performance decision to make as well, where I prefer the look of standard, but could feel reassured with superior braking on a 500hp 2.2 tonne vehicle. That said I am quite certain for almost all driving standard brakes will be fine, which is why I am not speccing upgrades, instead opting for PDCC (though I'll decide for sure on that after my PEC test drive).

GTS Interior - the Race-Tex is nice, but I am still unsure whether it will look good after 2 years of use. I also want leather in a luxury car, and am likely going Club Olea for that reason, where I feel meranti brown could work nicely with my Carmine Red exterior. I sat inside the GTS ST of Porsche Leicester and was impressed with the Race-Tex interior. It is as you describe: more grey than black, but I wasn't convinced and it also limits customisation, that I also wanted to control.

Volcano GTS ST example - In terms of Volcano, Porsche Leicester have the below GTS ST in metallic black. It's at least closer to your desired colour than that (nasty) coffee metallic colour.

I thought in the black, the GTS ST looked like a hearse:

1645627255544.png
1645627275400.png

I don't think any dark colour would work where it:
1. Makes it difficult to even see what the car is
2. Breaks up the very subtle lines of the car, which is why it's so aesthetically pleasing in light colours (and why practically every other Taycan is either white or silver).

You could head to Porsche Leicester to get a feel of what your GTS ST would look like in a dark colour.

I'm getting Carmine Red, PPF'ed and ceramic coated because... It's a GTS and it's my first Porsche and I want that colour shimmering at all times, accentuating the curves of the Taycan.

1645626181569.png

1645626197661.png

1645626216093.png

It just so happens that i have been to Leicester this morning to see their GTS. I'm still non-the-wiser when it comes to the colour ?‍♂ :)

It had always been my original intention to go Volcano and Xpel Satin PPF... but i'm tending to agree that the dark colours don't show off the Taycans curves and creases (a consideration in case i don't bother with the PPF) But then the satin PPF really does help accentuate the curves on dark colours, so maybe it's to answer.
However, i am now thinking that maybe Gentian Blue could be a good compromise. Nice and bright, offers some contrast to the black plastic accents on the car but would also still Satin PPF very nicely too.
Decisions Decisions

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It just so happens that i have been to Leicester this morning to see their GTS. I'm still non-the-wiser when it comes to the colour ?‍♂ :)

It had always been my original intention to go Volcano and Xpel Satin PPF... but i'm tending to agree that the dark colours don't show off the Taycans curves and creases (a consideration in case i don't bother with the PPF) But then the satin PPF really does help accentuate the curves on dark colours, so maybe it's to answer.
However, i am now thinking that maybe Gentian Blue could be a good compromise. Nice and bright, offers some contrast to the black plastic accents on the car but would also still Satin PPF very nicely too.
Decisions Decisions
Nice!

Gentian blue is a very nice colour and would work better with the body shape of the car! I understand it is totally eye-of-the-beholder, but I am also thinking resale value as I only plan to keep the car for two years or no later than March 2025 for tax reasons.

Lighter colours seem more popular.

Problem with satin PPF is you can never be sure how it will turn out. This thread shows a very nice satin black wrapped CT to give you some idea:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/satin-black-taycan-cross-turismo.6610/

But I still think it just doesn't quite work for such a unique vehicle, which should be in a unique colour that doesn't camouflage its shape in even brighter conditions.

Black is such a popular car colour, it gets tedious quickly.

Carmine Red*, Ice Grey, Crayon, Dolomite Silver, Gentian Blue*, Mamba Green, Carrera White - I think these are the best colours for any Taycan model where they better showcase the curves of the car.

*I think these two colours look nasty on the CT as they don't work well with the cladding.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Decisions Decisions
My initial and current default choice is Cherry. I think it looks great, and will end a 3 car run of blue. But the rest of the family are less keen...

Gentian's currently no2. It also looks great with a satin wrap as you note (pictures on here somewhere)...am just not sure about it with black wheels (can't find the photo someone posted on here....). I'm thinking it would look a lot better with Weiss Gold (old Porsche wheel colour) wheels. OH not too keen on gold wheels...but Weiss Gold doesn't look that gold.

Then a chap on here has had his Neptune Blue Turbo satin wrapped and that looks pretty cool.

And someone else posted a bunch of other photos of various demo GTS'. Ice Grey looks good...as does Crayon. And if my eldest (9, so not contributing hugely financially!) cannot have Gentian blue, he reckons Carmine red.

I'm beginning to think that Porsche note extended lead times to let us all go through this torture :D

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My initial and current default choice is Cherry. I think it looks great, and will end a 3 car run of blue. But the rest of the family are less keen...

Gentian's currently no2. It also looks great with a satin wrap as you note (pictures on here somewhere)...am just not sure about it with black wheels (can't find the photo someone posted on here....). I'm thinking it would look a lot better with Weiss Gold (old Porsche wheel colour) wheels. OH not too keen on gold wheels...but Weiss Gold doesn't look that gold.

Then a chap on here has had his Neptune Blue Turbo satin wrapped and that looks pretty cool.

And someone else posted a bunch of other photos of various demo GTS'. Ice Grey looks good...as does Crayon. And if my eldest (9, so not contributing hugely financially!) cannot have Gentian blue, he reckons Carmine red.

I'm beginning to think that Porsche note extended lead times to let us all go through this torture :D

There was a Cherry at Leicester yesterday. I was surprised how much i liked it.

I'm getting close to letting a series of coin tosses decide it for me ?

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 4E7093D7-2EB9-409B-BE0D-FE897089AFE0L0001

Matt-Taycan

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice!

Gentian blue is a very nice colour and would work better with the body shape of the car! I understand it is totally eye-of-the-beholder, but I am also thinking resale value as I only plan to keep the car for two years or no later than March 2025 for tax reasons.

Lighter colours seem more popular.

Problem with satin PPF is you can never be sure how it will turn out. This thread shows a very nice satin black wrapped CT to give you some idea:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/satin-black-taycan-cross-turismo.6610/

But I still think it just doesn't quite work for such a unique vehicle, which should be in a unique colour that doesn't camouflage its shape in even brighter conditions.

Black is such a popular car colour, it gets tedious quickly.

Carmine Red*, Ice Grey, Crayon, Dolomite Silver, Gentian Blue*, Mamba Green, Carrera White - I think these are the best colours for any Taycan model where they better showcase the curves of the car.

*I think these two colours look nasty on the CT as they don't work well with the cladding.

Yes, you're right with regard to the lighter colours, apparently, Crayon has been the most popular option at Leicester. Surprisingly, the Colour Poll on here suggested that Mamba was the most optioned colour. Mamba's a bit too much brave for me.

The Satin Black in the link you provided certainly helps :) As much as i want the car NOW, i'm also pleased i have more time decide. It never helps that when visiting an OPC to inspect cars for help with the colour. Their cars are more often than not filthy dirty.. I'm yet to see a clean Volcano

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, you're right with regard to the lighter colours, apparently, Crayon has been the most popular option at Leicester. Surprisingly, the Colour Poll on here suggested that Mamba was the most optioned colour. Mamba's a bit too much brave for me.

The Satin Black in the link you provided certainly helps :) As much as i want the car NOW, i'm also pleased i have more time decide. It never helps that when visiting an OPC to inspect cars for help with the colour. Their cars are more often than not filthy dirty.. I'm yet to see a clean Volcano
I was never sure of Cherry, but that car does look stunning. Probably would look even better in satin PPF. The darker accents of the GTS work very well with the colour... Though I'm still siding with lighter colours. I can see why Crayon is so popular and I also think it's the best colour for the CT.

Mamba is strong and I am not brave enough. Plus there is something about owning a red car that does fast things, which is why I remain convinced Carmine Red is the colour for me, even if I will get fingers pointed at me and labelled with a word starting with D and ending in D.

Those alloys are, IMO, the most aesthetic of any on the Taycan. They look great!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There was a Cherry at Leicester yesterday. I was surprised how much i liked it.

I'm getting close to letting a series of coin tosses decide it for me ?

4E7093D7-2EB9-409B-BE0D-FE897089AFE0L0001.jpg
That's the one for sale in Aug/Sept (that seemed to go up in price by 9k over a week).

bihus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

A few thoughts...

The colour here is Coffee Beige Metallic. Not a fan! I don't see it being popular
As with other GTS ST appearing at dealerships, this was very much a launch spec. No GTS logos anywhere on the exterior of the car, partly due to it having the Carbon Sports Design Package but surprisingly Model Designation missing from the rear too.

On a personal note... Seeing the car in the metal today has helped with the following points:

Carbon Sports Design Package - As much as I prefer the Carbon front apron, which is more Turbo-like, I have a serious issue with the rear diffuser, which is too much like the CT cladding. I shall not spec the Carbon Design Package

Manual Charge Cover - I will stick with the manual charge cover. I feel the electric one is another something that could fail and the manual flap is perfectly adequate. I will however be adding some mesh to the wheel arch side air curtains

RS Spyder Wheels - Personally these have always been a must for me, especially with being GTS specific. They are stunning up close and i couldn't even consider an alternative. Will look great with any colour or spec

Brakes - I hadn't for one second considered upgrading the brakes. Until Now! I had been dead set on the red calipers as a nice contrast to the Satin Black Wheel. However, as you can see from the pics the demo car has the PSCB Black Gloss. I'm now thinking the Wheels need the bigger brake disc. The standard Red caliper brake may look quite wimpy.

Boot Space - Impressive. Very decent size overall. Generous opening. Lots of lashing points, strapping options and bag hooks

GTS Interior - The GTS Interior (CRAYON) is possibly the thing I was hoping to see the most ahead of locking in my spec. Now having experienced it, it's a big YES from me! I really like it! The Race-Tex feels expensive and luxurious. I was concerned there would be too much, however i am 100% sold on the GTS interior. Just the right ratio of leather and Race-Tex. The Race-Tex itself looks to be more of a Grey than black, which lifts the cabin just that little bit. The contrast stitching is just enough too.
Race-Tex to the B-Pillars is a must for the GTS Interior!
The carbon accents are subtle and do not have that awful tacky glossy finish that you find in Mercedes for example.
The clock on the dash went unnoticed if i'm honest. Could take it or leave it in all honesty

Pano Roof - Never been interested in a Pano roof. Still not interested. It's a no from me!

Head-Up Display - Another option that may get selected for looks alone and not actual functionality. I simply prefer the look of the dash and main Driver Zone with the HUD shroud

For Rear Passengers - More than enough space. The legroom is good. Will definitely be having the 2+1 rear seats. Really not a fan of the plastic tray in place of the middle seat.
The rear center console looked lacking without the 4 Zone Climate, I will therefore be definitely having 4 Zone for rear aesthetics.

Passenger Display - Entirely unnecessary! However, i can appreciate how it would break up the dash a little

All i need to do now is to settle on a colour for the exterior. 90% sure Volcano

Does anyone know of an OPC with a GTS ST in Volcano?

(Wasn't a lot of space in the Showroom so quite a few pics were taken at 0.5)

0B0B14D5-633C-4044-8B58-252F974A962BL0001.jpg

1E8D5194-4702-4799-A7D6-1251B082DAA0L0001.jpg

2C64DD81-0EB6-4184-BA3E-29D627648B42L0001.jpg

4A3E5451-1BB1-433E-AFA5-7AC5BA7E488AL0001.jpg

5A1345FF-ED35-4712-BDE0-F7A2D7DF7971L0001.jpg

7D63F795-DB3E-47BD-9E89-A0D3B501E45DL0001.jpg

088A4AAE-41A5-4E6A-A5DB-2AA76997B5D5L0001.jpg

2120EAB9-ABF0-4EDF-A1C7-FAC089380084L0001.jpg

5292B1B1-1CCB-49C0-B9B4-E5EB9134D25CL0001.jpg

861514AB-CF31-4E2C-A0C2-9A523CAA3B63L0001.jpg

09143643-7DB4-47FA-8955-DAA4E1AF3A74L0001.jpg

D6297129-3B86-4447-869F-BFDFB2B26B1AL0001.jpg

FA73A82B-4A14-4344-885F-47C942A12AC5L0001 - Copy.jpg

FDDD22D0-43CC-4FF3-9E75-47D870BC2C56L0001.jpg
Were both STs or one Sedan, too?

mrQlan

First Name
Eirik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Had this one for a test-drive last week as my father ordered one with delivery in July - and they just got a demo-car the other week. Some pics with an ugly roof-rack.. :)

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_162147

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_162158

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_162208

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_162222

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_162227

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_163217

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_163228

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 20220221_163244