cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 21" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Very nice car, congratulations! Avaiting more pics and also how it drives, sompared to your previous Taycan. Enjoy the car!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Does the video app/ScreenHits thing require a wifi connection? As in, it does not stream over the 4G connection in the car like Apple Music/Spotify does ?
Yes, it only works with an external WiFi connection.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Yes, it only works with an external WiFi connection.
That is a bit unexpected. I appreciate they are probably trying to keep their data costs down and video would spike them.

But I didn't expect that their "out & about" solution to this was to connect the PCM to your phone or other hotspot – which sounds messy.

It is still great that the PCM can connect to Wifi though – that will help folks who don't want to pay for Porsche Connect.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Neptune Blue. You finally made the right choice. Glad you didn't mix it with Blackberry interior – as I consider that "my own" custom configuration! :lipssealed:

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is a bit unexpected. I appreciate they are probably trying to keep their data costs down and video would spike them.

But I didn't expect that their "out & about" solution to this was to connect the PCM to your phone or other hotspot – which sounds messy.

It is still great that the PCM can connect to Wifi though – that will help folks who don't want to pay for Porsche Connect.
Another major issue with this is that CarPlay uses WiFi to connect, so you can't tether the phone and use (wireless) CarPlay at the same time. In my case, I have a mobile LTE modem in the trunk, but I'm not sure whether that will fix this issue.

Honestly, I find the whole video player to be a bit gimmicky since the screen is so small you might as well just use your phone or even better, a tablet. The only real benefit is the sound, but that's a tradeoff I can live with.

Last edited:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another major issue with this is that CarPlay uses WiFi to connect, so you can't tether the phone and use (wireless) CarPlay at the same time. In my case, I have a mobile LTE modem in the trunk, but I'm not sure whether that fill fix this issue.

Honestly, I find the whole video player to be a bit gimmicky since the screen is so small you might as well just use your phone or even better, a tablet. The only real benefit is the sound, but that's a tradeoff I can live with.
Yeah, the video player defo isn't much of a "desired" feature. And even in the old Taycan you could play MP4 files from USB stick – and I'm sure very few did.

I was expecting a straight up Netflix and (maybe) Prime Video playing app with no messing around that would stream using the existing car data connection.

Anything less than that is fiddling about.

Does the new PCM support Bluetooth headphones? Because if I was driving and someone was playing a show/movie audio through the speakers – I think I'd go insane!

I'm jealous of you having the new active suspension – but agree with you – that the "old" Turbo S is plenty of power for everyday driving (including autobahn).

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Congrats, looks absolutely stunning 🙌
Cool to hear about active ride as well, I have that checked for my order. I wonder if it would be better if you could choose a level of interaction in normal mode, to kind of ease into it. I can imagine it will take some time to get used to.
I thought this would have the next gen CarPlay, or is that coming later?

Margrock

First Name
Margaret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Excellent write up! I am also awaiting a 2025 CT, but an S. Your descriptions really put us right with you! Can’t wait for you to post new pics.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Nice write up thanks for sharing, looking forward to mine arriving in a few weeks.

Is active ride a big step on for comfort or a small improvement?

the turbonite interior trims look more gold rather than a dark silver, is that the photos or do they look gold in real life?

BenJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congratulations for your new car! Wonderful and amazing specs!

I’m wondering where is the Side views on the parking view?

I see that on the manual of 2025 but not on your picture … and neither on other demonstration cars.
I’m wondering if they didn't remove the feature

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nice write up thanks for sharing, looking forward to mine arriving in a few weeks.

Is active ride a big step on for comfort or a small improvement?

the turbonite interior trims look more gold rather than a dark silver, is that the photos or do they look gold in real life?
The thing with ActiveRide is that the previous generation wasn't exactly bad, but I would still say that it's quite a noticeable upgrade. The car feels very different to drive and my personal nemesis, the speed bump near my house, is at least no longer giving me me a concussion every morning.

You definitely still feel bumps or unevenness in the road, so it's not magic however.

The Turbonite is a bit hard to capture in photos, because it's very reflective. In the evening sun, it gets very orange, but actually It's essentially a dark grey chrome. Sometimes it's almost black. I've attached two photos of the key where the centre part is Turbonite. First is in my regular indoor lights, while the second one is with very little direct light.

Somehow it always appears much lighter in the photos than in real life. It probably has something to do with the reflections. In general, I think it mostly looks like something in between the two photos.

Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0911.JPEG
Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0910.JPEG

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations for your new car! Wonderful and amazing specs!

I’m wondering where is the Side views on the parking view?

I see that on the manual of 2025 but not on your picture … and neither on other demonstration cars.
I’m wondering if they didn't remove the feature
Like with the previous generation, if you spec the 3D surround view, you don't get the side camera view. Honestly, if I could I would choose the side cameras over the almost useless 3D view, but sadly it's included with the Park Assist package.
Sponsored