HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
GTS from 2/2022, had no issues at all so far, now the heating is gone, probably the heat pump.

It seems
a) the part is on backlog with no delivery date known
b) 4 more Taycans are standing at the dealer, also with the defect and waiting for the new heat pump.
Sponsored

Jon101k

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S & Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114.
Country flag
Add another one to the list, only had my car 2 months. It has 9k miles on the clock. Went through Porsche Assist and the cars getting collected on Thursday and have a hire car meantime. Any one have updates on the wait time for new parts to the UK?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman GTS
Country flag
My 4S has been in the Leeds Porsche Centre for a month and yesterday they admitted to having had over 40 Taycans recovered to them for the same heater issue.

They now have parts, but can only do one car a day...and I'm number 22 on the list so will be without the car for at least another month! This really should have been a model recall as they knew about the problem over a year ago.

Terrible for the customers and the brand image.

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
My 4S has been in the Leeds Porsche Centre for a month and yesterday they admitted to having had over 40 Taycans recovered to them for the same heater issue.

They now have parts, but can only do one car a day...and I'm number 22 on the list so will be without the car for at least another month! This really should have been a model recall as they knew about the problem over a year ago.

Do you know if the replacement part is a new improved one or just the same which eventually will fail again ?

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman GTS
Country flag
Do you know if the replacement part is a new improved one or just the same which eventually will fail again ?
They tell me it's the modified part so fingers crossed. I had the exact same issue last year and they obviously didn't have an update back then so fitted the same faulty part.

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
They tell me it's the modified part so fingers crossed. I had the exact same issue last year and they obviously didn't have an update back then so fitted the same faulty part.
Thanks - that is very reassuring.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Add another one to the list, only had my car 2 months. It has 9k miles on the clock. Went through Porsche Assist and the cars getting collected on Thursday and have a hire car meantime. Any one have updates on the wait time for new parts to the UK?
Mine took exactly 3 weeks. Collecting tomorrow. 🤞

Jon101k

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S & Harley Davidson Fat Bob 114.
Country flag
Mine took exactly 3 weeks. Collecting tomorrow. 🤞
Thanks, my cars going in tomorrow will let everyone know what sort of time frame I’m told.

Lanimal83

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4S w perf bay pak, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
21 4S, heat went out last night, fan still ran to keep windows clear but it was cool to say the least. Dealer checked it out and said it was the passenger cabin Heat sensor i believe that is bad. He said part is on back order, and will try and rope me a rental by tomorrow... I'm in Chicagoland so definitely need that heat!
Hope this wont take forever, love driving it as a daily, especially in the winter actually, heat and preheat have been great.

HarryB

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TurboS Gentian Blue
Country flag
My heater went out last year and was at the dealership for about a month for repair. Now it's happened again. Waiting for parts. Very frustrating.

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag

Absolutely agree, this should be a recall issue. I’ve owned a lot of Pork since the mid 1990’s and I think they’ve become progressively more cynical. Love the cars and my Taycan is almost up there with my 993, but these are troubling tales.

blulite

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Add one more to the list. 2021 4S. No error messages, just cold air coming out of the vents.

Lanimal83

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
21 4S, heat went out last night, fan still ran to keep windows clear but it was cool to say the least. Dealer checked it out and said it was the passenger cabin Heat sensor i believe that is bad. He said part is on back order, and will try and rope me a rental by tomorrow... I'm in Chicagoland so definitely need that heat!
Hope this wont take forever, love driving it as a daily, especially in the winter actually, heat and preheat have been great.

Lanimal83

First Name
Lani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quick update. My loaner car was a brand new panamera 4, which I was happy to live with while they waited on parts, I used to have one and they are great cars… day two of driving it, heater went out! Can’t make this up

Took it back to dealer, they fixed it over the weekend as it was a software issue, I went back to pick it up because I didn’t want to be stuck in a Macan base for a month.

Have to say very disappointed in porsche but thankful for my dealership.. not their fault at all.
Sponsored