Help requested - will my 4S will be shipped with Bose

ASTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Finally able to see my car on MyPorsche and I have been anxiously been waiting to check if my car is equipped with the Bose speaker system.

Upon checking the Technical Data I see that Bose is listed, but upon closer inspection it has a cross next to it.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Thanks in advance for your help

Porsche Taycan Help requested - will my 4S will be shipped with Bose Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 19.36.21
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As I understand it if it is on your order it will be supplied. It may cause extra delay though.
I was told it would cause 6 to 8 weeks extra delay so I dropped it and was a bit nervous about the standard system but I find it quite good as car systems go.
It doesn’t have a synthetic surround sound like Bose or Burmester though so whilst the colouration is low and frequency response even the stereo suffers from the normal car problem of being much closer to one side speaker than the other.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
No clue! What I can say is that the same symbol is appearing for me and I have physically seen my new vehicle and it 100% has BOSE.

I'd wager things are looking okay for you.

Porsche Taycan Help requested - will my 4S will be shipped with Bose Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 18.52.17

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My car has been produced and the Bose with the 'x' beside it was on the Technical Data as well although it has been known to contain the odd anomaly. However, my SA is confident that the car has the system. I will only find out for sure when it eventually arrives at the dealership.

As an aside, the Technical Data also stated there is an electric steering column which, I believed, was discontinued for the CT4S before my build commenced. Again, I'll wait for the dealership to physically confirm but it's quite likely to be one of the anomalies.

Porsche Taycan Help requested - will my 4S will be shipped with Bose Tech Data - Steering Column.JPG

OP
OP

ASTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What I can say is that the same symbol is appearing for me and I have physically seen my new vehicle and it 100% has BOSE.
Oh that is good to know, thank you!

As an aside, the Technical Data also stated there is an electric steering column which, I believed, was discontinued for the CT4S before my build commenced. Again, I'll wait for the dealership to physically confirm but it's quite likely to be one of the anomalies.
Good point, mine says it come with Electric Steering Column as well even though its a MY23, I guess we'll just have to see about that one.

OP
OP

ASTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I dropped it and was a bit nervous about the standard system but I find it quite good as car systems go.
Yes, I saw your report, and to be honest it put me quite at ease in case I do end up with the standard system.

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Finally able to see my car on MyPorsche and I have been anxiously been waiting to check if my car is equipped with the Bose speaker system.

Upon checking the Technical Data I see that Bose is listed, but upon closer inspection it has a cross next to it.

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Thanks in advance for your help

Screenshot 2022-12-25 at 19.36.21.png
The little cross is in the configurator after the system as well 😉
so all‘s well