How do you clean rear camera lens? It's dirty all the time!

Jackson

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 640d, CT4
Country flag
Guys, previously I had the cars with the hidden camera (under the car badge) so rear camera was away from the mud.
How do you solve this issue on Taycans? It is literally not safe to use camera like this. Please don't tell me you are washing it all the time after the rain :/

Porsche Taycan How do you clean rear camera lens? It's dirty all the time! photo_2022-02-01 16.51.34
Sponsored

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
There is a "water jet" that cleans it. Put it in reverse and an icon should appear in the instrument cluster just above the reverse cam icon on your photo above.

Ah, noticed it's a CT. Then push and hold the stalk forward to engage the rear wiper and the camera cleaner thingie.

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
Porsche cost cutting on the digital screen button on the CT. You have to wash the back glass to clean the camera.

JimBoBel

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My water jet stopped working. Where can I fill it up? Or I fear it will be jamed by all the dirt

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
And even worse ( if possible ) front camera , did not even bother to put on a washer.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Ct has no button.
if the ct is just washed and still clean but camera not, then your back window is wet if you want to clean the camera. So dumb?
front camera and sensor for distance and driving is quick full f dirth in Belgium. Always message ‘ sensors not working’ ?

Reactions: B61

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
With the snow and salt in NY my cameras are filthy. Much much worse than what the OP posted. Cannot even distinguish any shape and the washer doesn't do anything with this kind of dirt. I don't think it's Porsche's fault per se, but with such an aerodynamic shape, all dirt just goes there

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
If I give the rear washer stalk a quick press it only squirts the camera, needs a longer press to squirt the rear screen. Couple of quick stabs normally cleans it unless badly caked in salt/grime.

JimBoBel

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reservoir is in the frunk - same one shared with windscreen washers.
Many thanks for the answer I was looking for... but also this is worrying as my windscreen washers are working just fine.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Mine tries to wash but it's unusable, way worse that the image in the original post.
I can't find it to clean it manually either. Just had tye car cleaned and still filthy

My water jet stopped working. Where can I fill it up? Or I fear it will be jamed by all the dirt

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine tries to wash but it's unusable, way worse that the image in the original post.
I can't find it to clean it manually either. Just had tye car cleaned and still filthy
The rear camera is located in the top centre of the rear bumper just above the number plate (black rectangular shape) - clear as day. Front one is even easier to spot.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The rear camera is located in the top centre of the rear bumper just above the number plate (black rectangular shape) - clear as day. Front one is even easier to spot.
My daily routine, when I'm approaching to the car, i clean it by my finger in a second.
(Learned that with my previous cars.)
btw: I noticed that front camera doesn't collect dirt, it stays clean (or being cleaned by rain).
Sponsored

Last edited: