First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to get vented (non-air conditioned) air into the interior of the car? When I don't want the AC on I can't seem to figure out how to simply get outside air vented into the interior of the car. Everything I try seems to turn on the AC.

Thanks,

G
Sponsored

QA4A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4, Taycan (ordered)
Country flag
Have you tried going into Ventilation in the PCM and touching the A/C button?

I think if you touch OFF it turns off all climate control but if you press A/C it just turns the cooling on and off.

Also seems to say that you have to adjust the fan speed manually with A/C off. If you put it into Auto it will turn the A/C back on.

Porsche Taycan Interior Vents Screenshot_20210630-220616_Porsche Good to know

OP
OP

MisterG7

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Have you tried going into Ventilation in the PCM and touching the A/C button?

I think if you touch OFF it turns off all climate control but if you press A/C it just turns the cooling on and off.

Also seems to say that you have to adjust the fan speed manually with A/C off. If you put it into Auto it will turn the A/C back on.

Screenshot_20210630-220616_Porsche Good to know.jpg
I gave it a try. Went to Ventilation and turned the AC button off. It turned off the AC but then would not allow me to turn on the fan without automatically turning the AC back on. Seems odd you can't pull in outside air via the fan without turning on the AC.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I could never figure out a way to do this on the Models S/3 either, FWIW.

I thought that “constant positive airflow” was something universally introduced into cars when I was a little kid, but maybe it’s not a thing anymore?

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I gave it a try. Went to Ventilation and turned the AC button off. It turned off the AC but then would not allow me to turn on the fan without automatically turning the AC back on. Seems odd you can't pull in outside air via the fan without turning on the AC.
Seems to work for me. This is what you’re taking about, right?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What you want is Eco Plus (disables AC compressor). You may need to be in Sport Plus for that to be an option, though you can also configure Eco Plus as the AC mode for range mode.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@Jhenson29 posted the Solution. Just like In any other car you turn off the A/C (usually through the button that says A/C) and then adjust the fan speed.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
@Jhenson29 posted the Solution. Just like In any other car you turn off the A/C (usually through the button that says A/C) and then adjust the fan speed.
It definitely works. After I took that video, I forgot to turn the AC back on and like 3 min later was like “Why the F is it so hot in here?”?

OP
OP

MisterG7

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Seems to work for me. This is what you’re taking about, right?

Got it, thanks. When I put it in ECO Mode and then turn off the AC button it works. Thanks again. G