Vents in foot wells

Tiekhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Cayenne Diesel
Country flag
A question for those who already have their Taycan: do the air vents at the front of the back seat foot wells catch a lot of sand/mud/etc. from passenger shoes?
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I know this isn’t an answer, but I don’t allow anyone to seat in the back seats. Partly for their own safety as I drive aggressively, and secondly they are added weight. They may slow me down a little bit....

:cool:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I do not understand this word: "Passenger".

OK, seriously, I think I've only had passenger back there... three times(?) in 12,000 miles.
The first was when I took my BMW sales person and the dealership's "BMW Genius" out for a ride. My saleslady admitted she now understood why I wasn't waiting for an i4.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not understand this word: "Passenger".

OK, seriously, I think I've only had passenger back there... three times(?) in 12,000 miles.
The first was when I took my BMW sales person and the dealership's "BMW Genius" out for a ride. My saleslady admitted she now understood why I wasn't waiting for an i4.
that’s so funny! Only time I had Someone in the back it was my BMW service rep and two guys who worked in service. I want them to take good care of the I8....

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that’s so funny! Only time I had Someone in the back it was my BMW service rep and two guys who worked in service. I want them to take good care of the I8....
You put two people in the back of the i8??!?!
Are they still stuck in there?
Do you have food delivered?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You put two people in the back of the i8??!?!
Are they still stuck in there?
Do you have food delivered?
heh it was back of Taycan but good one!

I actually have one friend who would fit in the rear seat of the coupe. She won’t fit in the storage area of the Roadster, I tried...

OP
OP

Tiekhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Cayenne Diesel
Country flag
Doesn't sound like any of you have friends or family! :)

Given that the back is tight, I'd imaging that even the occasional rear seat passenger is going to have their feet to the front of the foot well, right where the vents are!

When I first saw the vent placements , I thought that this wasn't exactly a brilliant location for the vents... imagine the mud, snow, and sand... I don't often have rear passengers in my current Porsches, but when I do, I really don't want them to mess up my cars... I was hoping somebody had already figured this out!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Doesn't sound like any of you have friends or family! :)

...imagine the mud, snow, and sand... I don't often have rear passengers in my current Porsches, but when I do
I have my passengers take off their foot wear before entering the car and they also wear these cotton like socks that you see in hospitals.

Apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I have my passengers take off their foot wear before entering the car and they also wear these cotton like socks that you see in hospitals.
I only let passengers in after I’ve wrapped them in plastic and put them in trash bags. I’ve never heard any complaints, and they don’t seem to mind much about whether they’re in the back or in the boot.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
A question for those who already have their Taycan: do the air vents at the front of the back seat foot wells catch a lot of sand/mud/etc. from passenger shoes?
muddy feet are for my work truck fleet, not my Tacan T. :)
I do know it took me a few stuck passengers in the back to realize the tiny child lock light on the window buttons also locks the passenger doors in the back, so like an idiot it took a call to the dealer to figure it out:facepalm:

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I only let passengers in after I’ve wrapped them in plastic and put them in trash bags. I’ve never heard any complaints, and they don’t seem to mind much about whether they’re in the back or in the boot.
I need you to pick up a passenger for me.
Sponsored