O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
They are low for sure. But car is outside at 32degF, so driving warmed will be higher
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
They are low for sure. But car is outside at 32degF, so driving warmed will be higher
These EV beasts weigh a ton and then some! My car's recommended cold tire temps are in the 40's psi - and indeed will be higher when heated up - worry might be excessive sidewall bulge on cornering hard in lower psi state re potential punctures etc. but I'm becoming boring now :)!

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
What a refreshing thread. I’ve seen so many discussions on how to eke out the miles and I’ve just thought to myself ‘Why on earth are people spending all this money on an electric Porsche? A model 3 would give them at least 60 miles more range, a superior charging network and £40k to £80k in change!’
Haha exactly. Lets be best friends!!?

Last edited:

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So who does stoplights without Launch Control?….
I do launch control off stoplights on a daily basis.
I think it's cute that people stress about this stuff

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Me too, I love the guys with the little tuned volkswagen Golf TDI, or BMW diesels :CWL:
it’s just to funny. 9/10 times @60mph I’ve done 2x the distance. Tesla Model 3’s are good fun too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GtechRob

GtechRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
What a refreshing thread. I’ve seen so many discussions on how to eke out the miles and I’ve just thought to myself ‘Why on earth are people spending all this money on an electric Porsche? A model 3 would give them at least 60 miles more range, a superior charging network and £40k to £80k in change!’

I’ve no idea what my range or consumption is but I do know that there’s a 3 mile stretch on my way home each day that provides an amazing set of bends with fabulous elevation changes (a real highlight is a long uphill straight just after a right hander with an adverse camber). I always switch on the sports sound and typically select Black Sabbath’s Paranoid as my soundtrack for that bit of my journey. I’d love to try and beat the 2:48 that the track runs for but sadly, it’s a farming area and I often encounter obstacles, (today it was a farmer on a quad-bike with a sheep dog and flock of sheep!) so, I have to take it safely. All the same, the car winds itself up, down and round so beautifully and the smile on my face is nothing compared to the smile inside!

One other thought though. The Turbo I drove on my experience day showed 178 miles for 95% when I got in it and if any Taycan is driven with complete disregard for range, it has to be the experience cars.
glad to be of service!

had a great moment on my drive last night - hauled off a red light on dual carriageway - immediately followed by a roundabout exiting at third exit. little damp but holy hell how the taycan grips (have the torque vectoring thingy and rws) and goes is truly astonishing.

that I had a tesla 3 try jump me off the lights and then disappear in the rear view mirror on exiting the junction only made it sweeter 😆

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK stories....

I had a Tesla 3 sat in the outside (fast/passing) lane of the motorway, with 3 empty lanes to his left. I came up behind and gave a "friendly" headlight flash. Nothing.
So I pulled over to "undertake" him and as I did so he put his foot down. This a$$-move would work against an ICE. Not so much with against a Taycan.
Hopefully he is less arrogant next time.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For me, being able to fully enjoy the performance without guilt is part of the EV appeal.

Putting my old Targa into Sport+ and wailing on it always gave me that tiny nag in the back of my head about how wasteful it was.
couldn’t agree more - as smooth and reactive Taycan is on relaxed drives, I am sorely missing those European highway stretches with three lanes+, minimal traffic density and no speed cameras to speak of;)

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
So who does stoplights without Launch Control?….
I’ve seen so many people cross through the intersection late (my light has already changed to green) that I won’t risk it. For sure I would have ran into some of them. The drivers in Austin TX can be extremely bad.

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
We found our Taycan used. It had lived life in the LA area for its first 24 months/11k miles. The "all up" trip report showed 3.4m/kwh. We've somehow gotten the overall average down to 3.2m/kwh in the 2,000 miles we've put on it. :CWL: Our most recent road trip down to the Oregon coast last weekend came in at 2.2m/kwh. We still see 3.2 to 3.4 trip averages when in stop and go traffic.

Drive it and enjoy it!
Sponsored