January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination)

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Noooo! Which charger are you using? If you use the standard PMCC you want your ground at 12 o’clock because of the way the cord is designed. Unless you’re getting the charging dock. Then you’re good.

Also, SA is chugging along at 16.2 knots
The mobile comes with a simple wall mount. I want to use it just to keep it off the floor. I'll put a hose holder next to it to hold the charging cable.

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
An evening report. This morning SA's Course was 253 degrees. In the afternoon it swung to 245, i.e. it swung further south. It is running at 15.7kn.

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1639617631042

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1639617631079

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Morning report. SA is still on a southward course, 244 degrees, at 13.8kn. It is 1501 miles from Halifax. If it were to change it’s course to direct to Halifax at 14kn right now it would take it almost 4 days to get there.

On the other the latest wave report shows that the waves on the route are getting smaller. So hopefully SA will make its turn to Halifax soon.

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1639655109218

Porsche Taycan January Delivery @Jacksonville Port (US Southeast destination) 1639655109267

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Yikes! Minor update, SA has changed course further south. Now it is 233 degrees.

1639658953258.png
I don't get it... Where is it going/what is it avoiding?

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yikes! Minor update, SA has changed course further south. Now it is 233 degrees.

1639658953258.png
I don’t want to get anyones Hope up, but my SA emailed me yesterday and said that my car is supposed to arrive in Jacksonville on 12/21. He showed the the screen shot from their internal tracking system. Could it be heading to JAX first?

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don’t want to get anyones Hope up, but my SA emailed me yesterday and said that my car is supposed to arrive in Jacksonville on 12/21. He showed the the screen shot from their internal tracking system. Could it be heading to JAX first?
Too late. Hopes are up!!

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag

No way to know that unless SA updates it's ETA on AIS.

NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag
Won't the cars be loaded in LIFO order (last in first out)? Won't the Jacksonville shipment be all the way back on the ship? I hope I am totally wrong on this one!

OP
OP
Prit

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Won't the cars be loaded in LIFO order (last in first out)? Won't the Jacksonville shipment be all the way back on the ship? I hope I am totally wrong on this one!
There are different floors. It’s LIFO by floor so maybe the floors are done by port as possible.

Dan1923

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
On second thought again… I don’t think it is going to Jacksonville first.

The distance from SA to Jacksonville is about 2300 miles and the distance from SA to Halifax is about 1500 miles. So unless the weather right at Halifax is terrible for the next 5 days (it isn’t predicted to be) it wouldn’t make sense to go to Jacksonville first.

On the map they appear to be about the same length but that is an artifact of the map. The actual distance between lines of longitude (the vertical ones) decreases as you move north.

Last edited:

NoRPM22

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Volcano Grey
Country flag
On second thought again… I don’t think it is going to Jacksonville first.

The distance from SA to Jacksonville is about 2300 miles and the distance from SA to Halifax is about 1500 miles. So unless the weather right at Halifax is terrible for the next 5 days (it isn’t predicted to be) it wouldn’t make sense to go to Jacksonville first.

On the map they appear to be about the same length but that is an artifact of the map. The actual distance between lines of longitude (the vertical ones) decreases as you move north.
This is becoming an emotional roller coaster :)
Sponsored