f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Every now and again I look at the used car list on the GB web site and apply filters for options I very much want.

If I choose all of them there are no cars at all that match my requirements.

Just now I selected just the most important of my wishes and got 3 hits but none had an exterior colour I would choose and 2 had a glass roof and the one without a glass roof was a GTS with leather free interior...

This means my car is irreplaceable and depreciation is effectively zero. :)
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Every now and again I look at the used car list on the GB web site and apply filters for options I very much want.

Just now I selected just the most important of my wishes and got 3 hits but none had an exterior colour I would choose and 2 had a glass roof and the one without a glass roof was a GTS with leather free interior...

lol. Keep telling yourself that!!!

Probably worth making a mental valuation of zero, and then when you come to try and sell it in 8 years, anything over is a profit.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Within the last week, I enquired with three Porsche dealers here in the Netherlands about replacing my GTS ST with a new Taycan. My Taycan Is about to reach 9,000km (5,592 miles). It's pretty well specced, with the GTS interior package, Rear Axle Steering, illuminated carbon kickplates, among other options. It was registered in July 2023. List price was €160,000. The worst offer I've had is around €83,000...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

I do the same thing from time to time. I've yet to find a car with the options I wanted (and got), without options I didn't want, and in colors I would be willing to accept. Even if I relax my criteria by a lot, all I find is more expensive configurations (because they have options I don't care for) but still missing options I want.

The beauty of the Taycan is that it has more possible options combinations than all Taycans every produced. I waited patiently to get my custom order Taycan, still love it. One silver lining of waiting a long time for an allocation is that it gave me plenty of time to perfect my build.

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Within the last week, I enquired with three Porsche dealers here in the Netherlands about replacing my GTS ST with a new Taycan. My Taycan Is about to reach 9,000km (5,592 miles). It's pretty well specced, with the GTS interior package, Rear Axle Steering, illuminated carbon kickplates, among other options. It was registered in July 2023. List price was €160,000. The worst offer I've had is around €83,000...
Ouch.. They really don’t want it then. They already have too much in stock.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lol. Keep telling yourself that!!!

Probably worth making a mental valuation of zero, and then when you come to try and sell it in 8 years, anything over is a profit.
I always assume something is worth nothing once I’ve bought it so if I sell it it is a bonus.
I did get stung in 1997 when I bought a BMW M3 which was too uncomfortable (seat and ventilation system) to keep but the car I changed to I still have.

Money isn’t a commodity.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm glad that my favoured colour combo is so unpopular, I doubt I'll ever see it on another UK Turbo CT so that makes mine irreplaceable too. But should I be proven wrong, I'll take advantage of high depreciation by buying its near worthless doppelganger to cannibalise for spare parts.
(Incidentally, while I was waiting at lights today, a food delivery guy risked life and limb cycling across to my lane just to say with a big grin and a thumbs-up "Hey boss, I really like your car". Moments like that are priceless. No, he didn't work for me, and I hadn't ordered pizza or drugs).

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm glad that my favoured colour combo is so unpopular, I doubt I'll ever see it on another UK Turbo CT so that makes mine irreplaceable too. But should I be proven wrong, I'll take advantage of high depreciation by buying its near worthless doppelganger to cannibalise for spare parts.
(Incidentally, while I was waiting at lights today, a food delivery guy risked life and limb cycling across to my lane just to say with a big grin and a thumbs-up "Hey boss, I really like your car". Moments like that are priceless. No, he didn't work for me, and I hadn't ordered pizza or drugs).
Sunny days last week in Seattle. Just washed the car and went to pick up my granddaughter. Before we could pull out another student rushes up to the car. Thought he wanted to talk to my granddaughter, but instead "Your car is awesome!" Then after dropping my granddaughter at clarinet practice I park the car and young lady comes rushing up to the car to say "Your car is so beautiful!".

Doesn't happen every day, but often enough that I'm never surprised. 😀

csm7djs

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Picking up my used 4S CT tomorrow and spent a long time looking on the Porsche website for used cars. There is lots of cars available at the moment, but many have minimal specs in white or black. My guess would be returned leased vehicles.

I was pretty specific with the spec I wanted, ACC, Pan Roof, Heads up display, 21s. Not many with that spec came on the market but those that did were sold in days.

I'm not complaining as I managed to save over 50% on list price and still get 2 1/2 years warranty.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Picking up my used 4S CT tomorrow and spent a long time looking on the Porsche website for used cars. There is lots of cars available at the moment, but many have minimal specs in white or black. My guess would be returned leased vehicles.

I was pretty specific with the spec I wanted, ACC, Pan Roof, Heads up display, 21s. Not many with that spec came on the market but those that did were sold in days.

I'm not complaining as I managed to save over 50% on list price and still get 2 1/2 years warranty.
Interesting, I didn’t look to see what the bulk of them were like, hadn’t realised there were lots of black and white with few options, that explains a lot.

I wanted an estate car, for my dog, wanted the chassis options, rear wheel steer, torque vectoring and active ARBs.
I wanted ventilated massage seats.
I was keen on sound insulated glass too.
I very much didn’t want privacy glass or a black interior.

Those are the things I know we like best about the CT4S we already have but ruled out almost all the used ones on offer.

I preferred not to have ACC, glass roof or a monochrome paintwork and that reduced the number from 3 to none.

D00

First Name
Doo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne, Much Missed 911 C4S
Country flag

I looked on the GB site a couple of weeks ago (unfiltered) and found a total of 907 new and used Taycans available. 5000 were sold in the best year, 2022, so circa 20% of annual sales are currently on the market. If only I was buying now rather than last May - there must be some bargains to be had.
In contrast there were about 120 Panameras.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I looked on the GB site a couple of weeks ago (unfiltered) and found a total of 907 new and used Taycans available. 5000 were sold in the best year, 2022, so circa 20% of annual sales are currently on the market. If only I was buying now rather than last May - there must be some bargains to be had.
In contrast there were about 120 Panameras.
I suppose so.
It depends what you want, for me even at the most reduced prices a Taycan is expensive and if it isn't specced the way I want I would have stuck with my Prius, which I chose, incidentally, over a Panamera plug in about 6 years ago.
Sponsored