WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I like the color and am ok with the wheels but somehow it seems less special….at least from this angle. The headlights align with the rest of the Porsche family but give a more generic look.
Particularly with lighter colours, the dark edge makes it look unfortunately like someone's gaffer taped a piece of perspex over the gen 1 lights. I assume there are aero efficiency gains though.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I assume that some of these arrivals will be demonstrators, so it'll be interesting to hear feedback from fellow members trying the different variants.

Andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE 300D
Country flag
Only 4 Sport Turismo....I wonder why 😅

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In bright colors the base front looks very soft and not unique, similar to BYD Seal which looks sportier to me. The Turbo is ok but a step back from original and fake vents in rear bumper are disgusting. Interior doesn't bring anything new, again too cheap in base spec.

Reactions: 007

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
None of the dozens of UK cars seem to have Porsche Active Ride 🤔 Perhaps the dealers speccing these cars think it’s a waste of money?

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
None of the dozens of UK cars seem to have Porsche Active Ride 🤔 Perhaps the dealers speccing these cars think it’s a waste of money?
If the Active Ride doesn't make the Taycan ride like an S-Slass I think its a waste of money since standard air suspension is very good. I'd spec it in a Cayenne or Panamera.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I like the color and am ok with the wheels but somehow it seems less special….at least from this angle. The headlights align with the rest of the Porsche family but give a more generic look.
I agree

It looks like an Ioniq 6.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I noticed that, I have specced PAR but the car won't be available until July so perhaps parts related

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I agree the non-turbos look much more generic at the front now. For me the Turbo looks much better and closer to the original

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
IMHO they ruined a classically great looking car. The 2019 to 2024 Taycan was one of the best looking production street cars available at any price.
No doubt. I’ll give up some range for a more handsome car

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Particularly with lighter colours, the dark edge makes it look unfortunately like someone's gaffer taped a piece of perspex over the gen 1 lights. I assume there are aero efficiency gains though.
The lights won't last Porsche have royally cocked this aspect up and expect a mid life midi refresh to address. Leave well enough alone I say.

Gaffer tape sums it up nicely 👌

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Plenty of actual cars photo'd on the approved used site.

I really don't like the visual changes.

And Shade Green looks very different in the metal in photos to on the configurator.
I've seen shade green in person at SXSW. There are plenty of pictures in other links here. It is, in my estimation, very underwhelming.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
I noticed that, I have specced PAR but the car won't be available until July so perhaps parts related
Interesting how people’s imagination runs away with their personal biases. No I don’t believe that dealers have forgone PAR because they have some insider knowledge that PAR is a useless feature and waste of money. Certainly that has never been an impediment in the car business before.

I’ve looked at a build sheet for an incoming launch car and also noticed no PAR. The reason is because the order was placed before the refresh, and I suspect that even for the dealers there was no updated configurator so I expect that a number of initial launch Taycans will not only lack any new options like PAR, but also have options and packages that were in place before the refresh. In fact the dealer wasn‘t even aware of PAR on the Taycan until after the launch date.

Dealer orders placed after the refresh will have updated packages and may have PAR selected, but those are probably arriving at dealers later, and the one‘s arriving now are were preemptive launch vehicle orders before the launch date. They will have the updated drivetrain and PCM and probably push-to-pass on any model with Sport Chrono standard or optioned, but probably won’t have PAR because that wasn’t known or could be spec’ed.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
The lights won't last Porsche have royally cocked this aspect up and expect a mid life midi refresh to address. Leave well enough alone I say.

Gaffer tape sums it up nicely 👌
I think they look good but each to their own, Matrix HD tech seems to have moved on a fair amount.

Porsche Taycan MY25s in stock! IMG_1876
Sponsored