NE fall meetup?

FatTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 CT4S
Country flag
Greetings from metro Boston! Seems the NE region is severely behind on forum activity versus the other regions. Would anyone be interested in a Fall meet up to grab a hot apple cider and do some leaf peeping? We are thoroughly enjoying our CT4S and would love to meet others in the area. We’re game for anything w/in 1.5hr radius of Boston, so that we can do it w/o charging ;)
Sponsored

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
I might be up for that.
I'm in Amherst, but a 1.5 hr radius of Boston has considerable overlap w/ my 1.5 hr radius.
If you want to expand it to 2 hr, here's a nicely well-organized car show in Amherst:
Mainly vintage American muscle cars, but a smattering of pretty much everything.
When I went two months ago, I saw a Boxster or two. Today was the same.
(Last month was rained out in a major way.)
No EVs last time (ironic in Tesla-heavy Amherst, but all those vintage American muscle cars sure were out of place in Amherst).
This morning we had my wife's i4 M50, another one of the same (we'd arranged to meet up through the equivalent message board of course), EQE SUV from the dealer (I gotta admit that the interior was impressive), and a Taycan Turbo -- which actually just happened to be parked at a nearby store as the event was almost over.
I have a conflict next month for September 17, but I plan to attend October 15.
(Might drive there in the i4 M50 with my bike in the back, bike home, then drive back with my CT4, and eventually reverse the sequence.)
Exhibiting -- for free -- gets you a large jar of boutique jam, a small handful of candy, popcorn, unlimited coffee, unlimited hot dogs, and a t-shirt (sz XXL, perhaps reflecting all the vintage American muscle cars).

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's another good opportunity to meet up:
Rescheduled from June, when it was rained out, to this coming Saturday, September 9, when ...
... hmm, might be rained out again.

This is the hourly weather graph I use for making ski plan decisions for there:
I'm less than an hour away, so I might wait until the morning for my final decision, based upon the radar map and the ski resort webcams:

If I do end up going, then I'll go on a trail run afterwards if it's not raining *too* hard.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Car show at Wachusett was so different than in Amherst, which is lots of restored American cars, mainly muscle cars but also some classics from 1930s and 40s.

This show by contrast had mainly modern sports cars, some hot (R8) some not so (lowered tuners that made all sorts of noises on the adjacent road upon departure).

No EVs besides mine.

About half a dozen Porsche including some interesting restorations.
Spent a lot of time talking to two guys about their projects.
Asked me if I was staying for the PCA event.
Oh.
One other Taycan.
We’re exiled in the back along with the Macan and Cayenne contingent!

Porsche Taycan NE fall meetup? IMG_2505

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Missed this thread earlier - it’s been crickets here in the NE subforum!
@Jonathan S. - I considered going to the Cars & Coffee Porsche event at Palmer Motorsports Park out your way last weekend, but couldn’t swing it.
I went to the PCA summer event at Wachusett last year and was one of only two Taycans - felt a bit out of place.
It would be nice to get together with some fellow Taycan owners as suggested here. Any other ideas for a Fall meetup?

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely felt a bit out of place with a Taycan! Although that was kind of fun, since amidst all the 911 and 718, I stood out as something different, and had some interesting conversations.
Also fun to talk to owners of 914, two 944, and 928. I remember the 928 and 944 looking so amazing back in the day, and decades later…wow, they still look great!

Sounds like we have four Taycan max here? Best idea might be too piggyback on some other car show. Although might be getting too late in the season for that. But I’m open to any suggestions.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Definitely felt a bit out of place with a Taycan! Although that was kind of fun, since amidst all the 911 and 718, I stood out as something different, and had some interesting conversations.
Also fun to talk to owners of 914, two 944, and 928. I remember the 928 and 944 looking so amazing back in the day, and decades later…wow, they still look great!

Sounds like we have four Taycan max here? Best idea might be too piggyback on some other car show. Although might be getting too late in the season for that. But I’m open to any suggestions.
There are a couple of upcoming events. The PCA has a Porsches and Coffee event and Treehouse Brewery in Charlton MA this Sunday October 8th. On the 14th the North East PCA chapter are organizing to attend Cars and Coffee at Lala Java in Northborough MA. I'm checking to see if the Treehouse event is PCA member exclusive. The Lala Java C&C is not exclusive but there likely will be a good P-car turnout.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, now I see it:
https://porschenet.com/events/porsches-coffee-at-treehouse-brewing/
I was confused since it didn't appear in my PCA email, but I'm subscribed to the Connecticut Valley list.
The Oct 8 meetup could work well for me, since our daughter has some sort of dance class then (from which I'm excused!), and it's a relatively reasonable one-hour drive each way for me.
Oct 14 is a little more complicated (and slightly further away).

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Ah, now I see it:
https://porschenet.com/events/porsches-coffee-at-treehouse-brewing/
I was confused since it didn't appear in my PCA email, but I'm subscribed to the Connecticut Valley list.
The Oct 8 meetup could work well for me, since our daughter has some sort of dance class then (from which I'm excused!), and it's a relatively reasonable one-hour drive each way for me.
Oct 14 is a little more complicated (and slightly further away).
I just confirmed with NER-PCA folks that the Treehouse event is not PCA exclusive, it's open to all. Checking to see if I can make it on October 8th...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Are those Tesla EVSE's behind those EV spots?