OP
FatTaycan

FatTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 CT4S
Country flag
Sad we missed the meetup! We had family in town. Will ping again in Spring.

We’ve started seeing a lot more Taycans in the Boston area over the last couple of months (and one was a CT!) so hopefully we’ll have more than four on the forum by spring.
Sponsored

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
Here's the Amherst MA 2024 schedule:
... although it follows a straightforward formula of the third Sunday each month, from April through October.

I (and my CT) will probably be at the June, July, September, and October shows.
Summary of my previous experiences:
  • Mainly vintage American muscle cars, but a smattering of pretty much everything, including a Boxster or two.
  • Some interesting restoration projects, which always intrigue me given my mechanical tinkering in other contexts.
  • Only a few EVs (odd in Tesla-heavy Amherst, and ditto for all those vintage American muscle cars).
  • Exhibiting -- for free -- gets you a large jar of boutique jam, a small handful of candy, popcorn, unlimited coffee, unlimited hot dogs, and a t-shirt (sz XXL, perhaps reflecting all the vintage American muscle cars).
  • A nice collection of interesting shops plus an art gallery (which is much more what would be expected here).

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, lots of PCA NER social gatherings:
If you click on the second link of each line, for the location, then you'll see a listing of all the dates for that location.
Based on the one event I attended last year, I think all of the Porsches & Coffee events are open to anyone, regardless of PCA membership.

I'll probably attend the June 23 event at Treehouse Brewing.
We had enough of a Taycan contingent at the last event there that I spent the entire time talking to Taycan owners, finally taking of the tour of the more, ah, "traditional" Porsche cars only towards the very end.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
EV/PHEV section:

Porsche Taycan NE fall meetup? IMG_6109

Intriguing Volvo compact tall wagon with an impressive ratio of interior space to wheelbase that must have been way ahead of its time:

Porsche Taycan NE fall meetup? IMG_6110

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Curious if any fellow Taycan drivers are planning to attend this tomorrow:

https://porschenet.com/events/porsches-coffee-at-treehouse-brewing-2/

Last fall this gathering had hundreds of our two-door relatives, plus a few of us Taycan drivers.
Also free L2 charging!

(My plans are up in the air, b/c I have weekend guests who are flying out of Logan Sunday evening, and they're still not sure if they're going to hang around here Sunday morning, or instead immediately drive to the airport after breakfast.)
Sponsored