NEW 2025 Audi RS e-Tron GT First Drive: Better Than A Taycan?

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
Do you live in the US? because you can get pretty much all the same performance features as the Taycan in the non RS GT. They offer the performance package which has the e torque vectoring and power steering+ with rear axle steering, laser lights, along with some other cosmetic updates ie black optics, carbon fiber Etc.
Prestige package gives you adaptive cruise assist and lane guidance, HUD, 360 camera, dual pane acoustic glass, upgraded sound system, etc

there’s also other packages that focus on more cosmetic and comfort features eg full leather w massage Etc.

not sure which configurator you looked at but it’s all there.
Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I must have gone to audi.com and the configurator there was very bare. I tried audiusa.com and saw the packages you mentioned. To my eye, the packages on the e-tron options including prestige were nice choices, not so nice on the RS because they forced getting carbon fiber body parts just to get rear wheel steering.
Sponsored

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Probably because Audi will be ruining the interior with more capacitive touch buttons - Like they did with the steering wheel. I like that the reviewer commented on those in the video.

For me the main thing that drew me towards the Taycan was the interior and the ST option. Seems that will be the same for the new model.
People keep complaining about touch screens, but capacitive buttons are straight up a spawn from hell. It's taking the bad parts of physical buttons and splicing it with the bad parts of touch screens to create an absolutely unusable abomination.

If I could time travel and remove two people from history, I would choose whoever invented that cursed thing twice.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
People keep complaining about touch screens, but capacitive buttons are straight up a spawn from hell. It's taking the bad parts of physical buttons and splicing it with the bad parts of touch screens to create an absolutely unusable abomination.

If I could time travel and remove two people from history, I would choose whoever invented that cursed thing twice.
Auto manufacturing is a pennies business. The only reason to use capacitive buttons is to save a few cents. Pathetic on a car that is over $100k

To show cheap VAG can be, a friend got a new $600k Aventador. As we were digging deep into the car, we notices how Lamborghini was on a quest to save a fraction of a cent on a screw, a latch, etc
All those pennies add up when you're selling over 9m cars a year

d00d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes
Country flag
I had a VW Scirocco that created a hole in its differential case.
Problem traced to lack of circlips holding the pivot shaft in place, so it rubbed against the case.
Dealer said it was an intentional manufacturing decision, most likely to save cost of two clips and labor.
Was given a pittance against the repair cost, VW lost my business after that.
After I started buying Audis I noticed similar cheap think, namely undersized CV joints, top of the line 8 series is ok though.
Sponsored

Last edited: