new Cayenne interior with Taycan implications…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the new Cayenne according to a PCA monthly newletter "reveal" has a passenger screen with Video Streaming support!!!

this could be interesting - I hope Porsche makes a FOD or free software update available to bring the new passenger screen features 'back' to our Taycan's

we'll see how this all goes!!

https://www.pca.org/news/five-new-features-in-2024-porsche-cayennes-revised-dashboard

This screen will stream videos but only when the vehicle is stopped. There’s also an optional 10.9-inch screen as well that sits directly in front of the passenger. It will allow videos to be streamed while the vehicle is in motion as well as give the passenger control over navigation and climate control. There’s also a special coating that prevents the driver from being distracted from what’s on the screen.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I think that's wishful thinking. Considering that matrix headlights won't be enabled for full functionality. Now, do I think a hack will be available, probably.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
AFAIK, the "special coating" on the passenger screen that prevents the driver from seeing it is not used in the Tacans passenger display. Without it, there's exactly a zero chance Porsche will enable it.

What's more likely IMHO, is that they'll enable video streaming services for the centre screen, something useful while you are charging for example.

SeanTaycan

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S Plus
Country flag
There’s no way they won’t release an update for the Taycan to use the passenger display. I have the passenger display and it’s completely useless. With the exception of the Technology package, I guarantee no one opts in for the Passenger display. An update that provides actual use would sell more passenger display add ons and would further redeem the “Technology Package”. Also, I spoke with Porsche NA and they advised me that the Taycan should support Netflix on the passenger display at some point.
Sponsored