Graken

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S; Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
I'm hoping that there is some sound advice on the topic of running a Taycan without access to Porsche Connect.

Down here in South Africa I'm told that the licencing for the Porsche Connect App has not been done, resulting in the app not being available for download for this region. I have checked Google Play and Apple Store, and the Porsche Connect App is not available.

I asked my local Porsche Sales Guy on whether my experience of owning a Taycan is in anyway affected by not having the app. I was told that the app is a nice to have and that it is not necessary in order to drive and experience the Taycan. They have been trying to get the app into South Africa, but have been unsuccessful so far.

Does anybody run their Taycan without the Porsche Connect App and without a Porsche ID? What would I be missing out on by not having the car connected to the Porsche Servers and an active account?
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
The Porsche Connect app is actually going away, it’s being replaced with the My Porsche app. Do you have the My Porsche app available?

OP
OP
Graken

Graken

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S; Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
Nope. Sadly that too is not available in South Africa.
Sponsored