Perf. plus battery owners: 100% charge gives you how many mileage/km?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Good question. This mileage is guessed based on very mild 'around town' driving. I would guess I'm getting 300-320 around town. I just took a longer trip of 300 mi, and I would guess my actual mileage (avg. speed of around 70 mph) was 280 or so. I'll try to post more quantitative info later.
Sponsored

Jm13rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT, M4 CSL, V12 Vantage S, Honda NSX
Country flag
Hi, I have a 2023 taycan Turbo Cross tourismo with 21' cross turismo design wheels & PCCB.

I have never got more than 210 miles, normally 200 miles and 170 miles in Winter. Does anyone else have a cross tourismo Turbo with such a low range? Would love to know if anyone here has a turbo cross with the high ranges you lot all have?

Or is this just a Turbo thing.

Porsche Taycan Perf. plus battery owners: 100% charge gives you how many mileage/km? IMG_1895

mattmatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT
Country flag
@Jm13rs I’ve got the same car and wheels and get about the same range as you’re getting. I have no idea how people are getting ranges towards 300 miles.

I bought an obd dongle to check the battery health in case that was a problem. It’s at 92.2%, to pretty normal for the mileage on the car.

My theory is that the car, roof bars, extra bits of plastic and not-very-aero wheels all knock a little bit off the range.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
That is surprising I think. Did you see any difference in consumption at all?
more data with the 21": 23.2 kWh/100 km at 130 km/h (for 100km). Very similar to the 20"

That was on a dry road...

It then started to rained heavily, stopped to charge, and left when it wasn't raining any longer, but highway was very wet.

The consumption increased a LOT : I was at more than 24 kWh/100 km at 110/115 km/h. It wasn't because aerodynamics (no rain), but only due to the wheels/tires.
I don't remember such an increase on the previous wheels/tires (Michelin)

Porsche Taycan Perf. plus battery owners: 100% charge gives you how many mileage/km? 20240627_170434445.JPG

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, I've been scratching my head a bit over the numbers I'm seeing on the 'guess-o-meter', and trying to figure out a better way to estimate my actual range. I went through the last month of my Trip data on My Porsche, since I received the new battery. I logged all 4 variables, time, speed, distance, and mi/kWh. I then took a couple 'averages'. I weighted all the mi/kWh by the miles, then divided by the total mileage. Result was 2.90 mi/kWh averaged over 1381 mi. Then I weighted all the mi/kWh by the total time. Result was 2.89 mi/kWh averaged over 3,110 minutes of driving. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do things, but the numbers are pretty consistent. Using the useable kWh of the battery of 83.7 kWh, this gives an average range of 242.4 mi. This seems pretty reasonable to me. I've attached the spreadsheet fyi.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: