Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
Feb 21 I think.
Wow!! Thats about the longest wait I've heard on any forum. Some people got theirs 3-4 months after ordering. You sound quite chilled - I'd be pissed
Sponsored

OTPSkipper

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune Blue Taycan
Country flag
Wow!! Thats about the longest wait I've heard on any forum. Some people got theirs 3-4 months after ordering. You sound quite chilled - I'd be pissed
21st of February. Sorry for the un intended sympathy trigger.

MotoMD1

First Name
Zeeshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Car is pushed to June 6th, should I wait for a 23 car now? I ordered a RWD. Any news on what’s new for next year?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Car is pushed to June 6th, should I wait for a 23 car now? I ordered a RWD. Any news on what’s new for next year?
Just forget this MY maniac attitude. Porsche introduces new models in every 7 year, dot 2 (facelift) after 4 years of intro. Between this just very light marketing cosmetics mostly for USA people who got used to this MY lifestyle due to USA car makers influence.
If you always waiting for new MY you will never get a car. Especially recent times.

Heir in EU we have no idea about MY (nobody cares about it) just seeing the mm.yyyy of delivery, Model and dot 1 or dot 2.

Anyway you will see "What's new" earliest when they introduce the new MY that is for Taycan between July and Sept.

Also note "biggest" thing (new PCM interface and design) was introduced not with MY change but totally independently from this in Feb '22. For example...

Taycan MY 2022 changes just in case (nearly all of the MY changes were upgradable for earlier MY cars):
  • Optimized front axle decoupling in range and normal mode
  • New Sports Chrono display
  • Auto regeneration stays if you change drive mode
  • Cellular amplifier in phone dock disappears
  • Windows/memory buttons will be in matte black (ONLY thing that is not upgradable)
  • Wired android auto
  • Updated navigation interface
  • Home screen will have 5 menus instead of 3
  • Porsche Charging Planner optimizations
  • Power folding mirrors forced option with surround view
  • 19.2 kW charger is back and compatible with plug and charge
  • Remote park assist (option)
  • 3D surround view with improved panning function
  • Remote park assist - Rear cross traffic alter (option)
  • Remote park assist - Exit warning (option)
  • Aluminum pedals (option)

Last edited:

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
For those who’s TYD now just says TBD on delivery dates, did anyone get any news from the SA, if that actually means anything ?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
For those who’s TYD now just says TBD on delivery dates, did anyone get any news from the SA, if that actually means anything ?
Nope, still waiting to hear back.

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Nope, still waiting to hear back.
Mine said he had no idea probably just that there not sure when they’ll have it done. Mine went from 07/01 to 05/27 before this whole TBD thing. So I’m just hoping it’s them just updating the system while production is temporarily stopped

MotoMD1

First Name
Zeeshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just forget this MY maniac attitude. Porsche introduces new models in every 7 year, dot 2 (facelift) after 4 years of intro. Between this just very light marketing cosmetics mostly for USA people who got used to this MY lifestyle due to USA car makers influence.
If you always waiting for new MY you will never get a car. Especially recent times.

Heir in EU we have no idea about MY (nobody cares about it) just seeing the mm.yyyy of delivery, Model and dot 1 or dot 2.

Anyway you will see "What's new" earliest when they introduce the new MY that is for Taycan between July and Sept.

Also note "biggest" thing (new PCM interface and design) was introduced not with MY change but totally independently from this in Feb '22. For example...

Taycan MY 2022 changes just in case (nearly all of the MY changes were upgradable for earlier MY cars):
  • Windows/memory buttons will be in matte black (ONLY thing that is not upgradable)
  • Wired android auto
fair point, I was more concerned with range and reliability issues

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Pushed by a month so far. They build 200 a day, so every day they are not building...I think the values are surely going to go up again. Keep getting tempted by used but then the same model with less kit, 2 years old and 10,000 miles costs the same as new...So will sit on my hands

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag

• Wired android auto
Model year (MY) gives an assessment to knowledgeable people about what is included and what is not in a particular car. And for people whose money doesn't grow on trees, it delineates when a warranty might expire and also how much depreciation might be in play for a trade-in.

Where did you get that list of changes from MY2021 to MY2022? That's interesting. And presumably for MY2023, we'll have the electrochromic glass option for panoramic roofs (a "must-have" option for me). As somebody who decided early on to wait out the first couple of years since the Taycan introduction, I'm glad that I've waited and will hopefully end up with a Taycan that is better built with better tech/software. And perhaps the shutdown of Porsche factories can allow Porsche to focus more intently on fixing its numerous PCM and battery-tech/software problems that range from Taycan to Cayenne.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
I finally received a 4S allocation in the northeast USA last week. After an initial deposition to "hold" my place in line at the end of November.

Dealer thinks the build will begin in June, but does not have a freeze date yet. I'm not holding my breath. After the war started, I let go and stop caring - there are way more important things going on right now in the world than my next car.

So we'll see.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Model year (MY) gives an assessment to knowledgeable people about what is included and what is not in a particular car. And for people whose money doesn't grow on trees, it delineates when a warranty might expire and also how much depreciation might be in play for a trade-in.

Where did you get that list of changes from MY2021 to MY2022? That's interesting. And presumably for MY2023, we'll have the electrochromic glass option for panoramic roofs (a "must-have" option for me). As somebody who decided early on to wait out the first couple of years since the Taycan introduction, I'm glad that I've waited and will hopefully end up with a Taycan that is better built with better tech/software. And perhaps the shutdown of Porsche factories can allow Porsche to focus more intently on fixing its numerous PCM and battery-tech/software problems that range from Taycan to Cayenne.
Knowledgable people.... assessment.... come on.... MY can't give you an exact info about what is in the car since many changes/options are introducing independently from the MY change.

1. On this way MY23 is better than MY22, same MY24/23......MY30/29...
Never ending waiting for better car.

2. Warranty (at least in EU) starts with the date of delivery (no relation to the MY) depreciation is the same, not (much) related to the MY.

3. Electrochromic Sunroof was introduced -as a new option- ALSO TOTALLY independently from MY change (available from 03/2022) while MY changed in July 2021. IT is far NOT a MY23 option as you think. You just try to push it to the "MY thinking box" that is wrong.

4. Production and development are two different things. Development will not speed up because of 1-2 weeks production halt. It is nonsense.

+1. There are many sources for the MY22 changes alone heir on the Forum (other threads) but this is one of them:

Last edited:

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Knowledgable people.... assessment.... come on.... MY can't give you an exact info about what is in the car since many changes/options are introducing independently from the MY change.

1. On this way MY23 is better than MY22, same MY24/23......MY30/29...
Never ending waiting for better car.

2. Warranty (at least in EU) starts with the date of delivery (no relation to the MY) depreciation is the same, not (much) related to the MY.

3. Electrochromic Sunroof was introduced -as a new option- ALSO TOTALLY independently from MY change (available from 03/2022) while MY changed in July 2021. IT is far NOT a MY23 option as you think. You just try to push it to the "MY thinking box" that is wrong.

4. Production and development are two different things. Development will not speed up because of 1-2 weeks production halt. It is nonsense.

+1. There are many sources for the MY22 changes alone heir on the Forum (other threads) but this is one of them:
Thanks for the video link. Correct, warranty is from day of delivery; MY is just a general helpful indicator. And, no, cars do not always get better with newer models/MY, but I understand your point; my point is that if you're looking for a car now, it sometimes makes sense to wait a few months to get the next MY version. As far as the electrochromic glass, that option is not yet available on the USA Porsche configurator, so I assume (especially with the factory closings, chip shortages, etc.) that it will be introduced for MY2023; last I checked on European configurators (a couple weeks ago, I think), electrochromic glass was not available there, either... As for your production/development comment: if production is stopped and development continues, it presumably means that many fewer cars will be made with defects, with development proceding to make changes before the cars are manufactured. I guess that I should have worded my previous message a little better...

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the video link. Correct, warranty is from day of delivery; MY is just a general helpful indicator. And, no, cars do not always get better with newer models/MY, but I understand your point; my point is that if you're looking for a car now, it sometimes makes sense to wait a few months to get the next MY version. As far as the electrochromic glass, that option is not yet available on the USA Porsche configurator, so I assume (especially with the factory closings, chip shortages, etc.) that it will be introduced for MY2023; last I checked on European configurators (a couple weeks ago, I think), electrochromic glass was not available there, either... As for your production/development comment: if production is stopped and development continues, it presumably means that many fewer cars will be made with defects, with development proceding to make changes before the cars are manufactured. I guess that I should have worded my previous message a little better...
Yes I get your point, my reaction is rather general about how to evaluate MY from EU car makers.
I am sure new pano electro roof will be available for you as well soon.
Heir in EU we can already order it for EUR5k (incl. German VAT).
In fact MY22 is all about -as hardware- is matte black door switches out of piano black. Hard to say that is is a massive influencer as a MY change on anything as value depreciation reliability etc.

See US website about the availability (config not inc. yet) and EU config (option is configurable already)
Porsche Taycan Porsche production stopping - March. Képernyőfotó 2022-03-14 - 21.10.51

Porsche Taycan Porsche production stopping - March. Képernyőfotó 2022-03-14 - 21.15.31

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The roof has been available for several weeks in the configurator for the GTS sedan only. Don’t know if it available on more models now.
Sponsored