OhRichman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, 718 Boxster
Country flag
It’s a byproduct of Tesla slashing prices to keep their sales volume up affecting the whole EV used market.

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
Because it’s a 100k+ luxury EV, that segment is a depreciation beast
im actually really curious how the values are holding up compared to other EVs. We bought a 22 X plaid for almost $150K and I want to say I can only get 70k at best for it. Not to mention, I can get a 24 X plaid for under 100 now.

don’t think the depreciation is isolated to Taycan. On top of that, depreciation in the 100K+ segment is greater than sub 100k cars in general.

osecanusee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4s
Country flag
im actually really curious how the values are holding up compared to other EVs. We bought a 22 X plaid for almost $150K and I want to say I can only get 70k at best for it. Not to mention, I can get a 24 X plaid for under 100 now.

don’t think the depreciation is isolated to Taycan. On top of that, depreciation in the 100K+ segment is greater than sub 100k cars in general.
Agreed, it’s not just the taycan, any expensive EV is just not holding value like that currently. It’s well documented across all manufacturers

achaudh

First Name
Alok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, BMW 5 Series
Country flag
If they are selling so well, why are the values tanking?
I think this info has to be taken with a grain of salt. Taycan sold well in the 4th quarter last year. That's because there probably were a lot of incentives offered by dealers. For the year as a whole, sure Taycan beat 22 numbers but that's because FY22 was bad for Taycan sales thx to the Ukraine war and supply issues due to that.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Agreed, it’s not just the taycan, any expensive EV is just not holding value like that currently. It’s well documented across all manufacturers
Pretty much any expensive car (not just EVs) are tanking outside of limited run cars. Go look at 2021 Aston Martin DBX prices... you can get one for close to 50% of MSRP.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think this info has to be taken with a grain of salt. Taycan sold well in the 4th quarter last year. That's because there probably were a lot of incentives offered by dealers. For the year as a whole, sure Taycan beat 22 numbers but that's because FY22 was bad for Taycan sales thx to the Ukraine war and supply issues due to that.
I'd guess big difference between Jan - June Taycan sales and July - December. They were piling up towards the end of 2023, but still in short supply in the middle of the year. Plus, as people see more on the roads, people who otherwise might not consider one become aware of them... I've had a number of neighbors ask about them (and some of them buy them) after becoming more familiar recently.

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Pretty much any expensive car (not just EVs) are tanking outside of limited run cars
Exactly. If I compare with other cars same age, mileage, around same MRSP, todays values are almost all in same range.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Simple answer is supply chain issues have cleared, inventory is back to normal, and the ordinary laws of used car price economics have returned to normal, including, especially, higher interest rates taking effect. Don't be surprised when your bathing ape NFTs again become worthless jpgs... we all got a little drunk and weird there for a bit.

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
It’s a byproduct of Tesla slashing prices to keep their sales volume up affecting the whole EV used market.
This. 100%.
Elon keeps slashing prices of new Teslas, dragging the whole market down. My 2016 Model S P100D had an MSRP of 151k. Now you can get a new Plaid for a little more than half that.

unbiased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Country flag
In addition to above mentioned reasons there is another simple one. They cranked up production and there are just too many unsold units. I think demand is solid but supply too high.
Sponsored