Porsche Taycan Renderings

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
The Taycan prototypes are still running around with camouflage but artists have taken their best shot at what the production version may look like. With Porsche officials having said that the production model will hold close to the Mission E Concept's design (which seems to be the case with the prototypes spied so far), these are likely fairly close.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings Porsche-Taycan-Production-Rendering1
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings Porsche-Taycan-Production-Renderin

FrankN

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Macan GTS
Country flag
Love how it looks in Riviera Blue! Or is that Mexico Blue. Either way, it's nice.

drewzMMM

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
My dealer told me the wheels we see on the concept will never make it into production because they are so "out there"... I don't know why he thinks that is the case. I think the wheels look tremendous and totally suit the car overall. Look what they do to that yellow rendering: SWEETNESS.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
The Taycan prototypes are still running around with camouflage but artists have taken their best shot at what the production version may look like. With Porsche officials having said that the production model will hold close to the Mission E Concept's design (which seems to be the case with the prototypes spied so far), these are likely fairly close.

Porsche-Taycan-Production-Rendering1.jpg
Porsche-Taycan-Production-Rendering.jpg
Love that blue

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
The renderings are nice and far too complimentary.
What a shame we will never see the form of the beautiful 2015 Mission E make it to production.
With Marketing winning over AG's Design team in early 2017 it appears that the 'Taycan', has become a fairly nondescript 4-door sedan.
Unfortunate.

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Love that blue
As I pointed out earlier, there is simply no way you will have a high-end car with the hood closing over the wheel wells like the concept and renderings. It is simply too difficult to insure the proper alignment and fit, so there will be a conventional hood, with the front fenders a continuous piece. The 'bubble roof’ unfortunately won't allow a sunroof, and the 'fake exhausts’are just silly. I do think these renderings are pretty accurate otherwise though.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer told me the wheels we see on the concept will never make it into production because they are so "out there"... I don't know why he thinks that is the case. I think the wheels look tremendous and totally suit the car overall. Look what they do to that yellow rendering: SWEETNESS.
The wheels are 24* diameter on the concept, so that's why they'll never make it to production. Certainly look nice, but weight, ride, lack of tires and cost all make the concept wheels pretty much impossible.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The renderings are nice and far too complimentary.
What a shame we will never see the form of the beautiful 2015 Mission E make it to production.
With Marketing winning over AG's Design team in early 2017 it appears that the 'Taycan', has become a fairly nondescript 4-door sedan.
Unfortunate.
How do you know?
Porsche has the reputation to stick closely to the concept (like the 918 Spider) and it was also confirmed by the head of design, Michael Mauer.
Also: https://www.electrive.com/2017/11/21/final-design-porsches-mission-e/

Your guess is as good as mine, in other words, we don't know.
We can only hope.

Grtz Dee.

3DBB

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150R
Country flag
If there are wing mirrors at all, I'm cancelling my reservation.

Udo

First Name
Udo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
If there are wing mirrors at all, I'm cancelling my reservation.
If you are a US citizen planning to drive in USA consider it will be your Federal government that defines the requirement for mirrors.. the last I read they will be required. Requirements in Europe are different.

Lsr911

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1989 Speedster, 2015 Macan Turbo, 1985 Carrera, Audi A8L, 1971 911T, 1973 914
Country flag
I just received this rendering on an email blast from Porsche. Looks fantastic.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings Taycan

PTT001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
I just received this rendering on an email blast from Porsche. Looks fantastic.
Taycan.jpg
Very nice. What did the email say? I assume it must be closer to production design if they are sending it out now?

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Very nice. What did the email say? I assume it must be closer to production design if they are sending it out now?
Ahhhh....no.
That rendering was from the original 2014 Design Dept work.......you can see it in an early the early PR video that was put out giving credit to the Design Dept back then for their incredibly bold, next-gen, Porsche design. Here.
Unfortunately.....almost certain that since Blume nixed many of the very distinctive lines late summer 2017.....likely what we will have is the test mule body.....some referring to it as the Panocan.
Sponsored