Randomly looking at plugshare when not road tripping

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Wondering if anybody else is just randomly perusing plug share looking for new chargers and for existing chargers in how they score. I find it really helps me sleep. :)

This is how I've been able to track the typical fast chargers I use to see how their reliability has been. (Terrible by the way).

I also do a bit of road tripping day dreaming to find what routes I can take.

Anybody in the same boat as me?
Sponsored

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
You're not alone. I open PlugShare every week or two just to see what's new.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have found that PlugShare site rating below 10 is useful as a sign of problems. A Pugshare rating of 10 is not useful because if a person has problems at multiple charging stations but then records a successful charge, the 10 rating for the site is maintained. The user comments/results are useful.

Also, checking EA status on MyPorsche app, if the MyPorsche app shows a status of ?, it is likely that station is not working.

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Wondering if anybody else is just randomly perusing plug share looking for new chargers and for existing chargers in how they score. I find it really helps me sleep. :)

This is how I've been able to track the typical fast chargers I use to see how their reliability has been. (Terrible by the way).

I also do a bit of road tripping day dreaming to find what routes I can take.

Anybody in the same boat as me?
Do it all the time... great minds think alike or fools seldom differ ;)

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
All the time. I have a GTS coming (TYD shows "on vessel") and wonder how well it, and the charging network, are suited for road trips. The Tesla charging network removed any anxiety after the first trip. A little time reading about the CCS fast charging options reintroduced that anxiety. So while waiting for the Taycan to arrive I open PlugShare frequently to plan future excursions. It always looks possible until, as @Tooney mentioned, you read the comments. Change the PlugShare filters, alter the route and see if I can get what seems to be a more reliable route. PlugShare has been endlessly entertaining and eventually I hope very useful.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Been driving electric for 3 years now on Audi e-tron and a year on Taycan. Have several handsful of road trips on both cars. Login to PlugShare all the time to see what's going on. Before a roadtrip I check planned stops for maintenance. EA claims they announce major maintenance two weeks in advance. The overhaul of the Tampa station was infact announced two weeks in advance.
On our recent holiday trip north from Florida to NJ and home through the DelMarVa Peninsula; Frequently we took the last dispenser arriving at the EA station. So while we never had to wait to charge many stations were full during our charging session. I am worried about the 20 car brands receiving free charging at EA stations since these faclities will be used by locals as well as drivers on roadtrips. It won't be long before EA chargers are overrun by all the free charging and waiting to charge will become the norm. Currently there is no way to know if there is a wait line at a station.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
I do it all the time too! Read reviews, plan routes we may possibly take and look for new chargers (which is real slow going in the south!).
Sponsored