Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
that's promising, how do they stack up for grip/comfort/noise?
Noise is no different, on a nice piece of road at 70mph I was getting 62-65db per my Apple Watch, little different to previously. Car is still whisper quiet. Comfort is still superb, again there is no perceptible difference.

Can't comment on grip as I don't tend to push the car to the limit on the public road but it felt no different on a few roundabouts.
Sponsored

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Noise is no different, on a nice piece of road at 70mph I was getting 62-65db per my Apple Watch, little different to previously. Car is still whisper quiet. Comfort is still superb, again there is no perceptible difference.
With slimmer tires I expect less road noise on rough surfaces and I'm wondering if the motor noise is still present.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Given your in depth knowledge I fear I've misunderstood your post but I have an option to select IONITY only both in the PCM and on the app.
Wait, what! It has been in the app for about a year, but if it is in the PCM that is defo new. There has been a "prioritise Porsche Charging Service" since v1 but that isn't quite as specific as "IONITY only".

Must resist urge to run out to the car to check!

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Wait, what! It has been in the app for about a year, but if it is in the PCM that is defo new. There has been a "prioritise Porsche Charging Service" since v1 but that isn't quite as specific as "IONITY only".

Must resist urge to run out to the car to check!
They’ve added a checkbox to prioritise IONITY a while ago, so if you have the latest version of the app and PCM, you should already have it.

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 1715595757212-6c

I didn’t play around with the navigation that much (not sure why, I got distracted I guess), but I’ve heard that they’ve added a few new features, like being able to blacklist specific chargers and to show more information about a charger like opening hours and nearby POI’s.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Interesting. While I've had that IONITY option in the app for a long time, I only have these options in the PCM.

And the app option isn't that useful as when you send your route to the car it will re-calculate the charging plan independently.

Must chase down a PCM update.

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive tempImagebyGRm5

Watchesandburgers

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I also forgot to say, they have also made some changes to the cruise control lever. They’ve essentially inverted it so that you change speed by tapping upwards and downwards, and activate/deactive by pulling or pushing it from you.
OMG this is a huge pet peeve of mine with the current car! Not sure I'll ever get used to the current car's IMO backwards configuration.

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
OMG this is a huge pet peeve of mine with the current car! Not sure I'll ever get used to the current car's IMO backwards configuration.
Totally with you! I have to think very carefully every time I touch that stalk. In the Audi (the ‘other’ way round) it was totally natural. Guess it will take me a long time to learn the new way round - 6 months in and it’s still not natural!

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
I had convinced myself that I should not consider the facelift model. Reading this is a bit annoying because now I at least have to try one soon :p

Totally with you! I have to think very carefully every time I touch that stalk. In the Audi (the ‘other’ way round) it was totally natural. Guess it will take me a long time to learn the new way round - 6 months in and it’s still not natural!
I went from an Audi A5 to the Taycan a year ago tomorrow and I still tend to get it wrong :D

UNO

First Name
JohnDough
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ev6 GT
Country flag
Was the car sitting on a black mat, or do the cameras literally just not picture that area?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Was the car sitting on a black mat, or do the cameras literally just not picture that area?
Black mat

Reactions: UNO

GreenHornet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 Mamba Green
Country flag
I had a testdrive myself with a CT4 2025 and it was nice to compare it to my CT4 2023. It is a bit faster and more responsive. Being a CT4 I was not able to test push to pass since that is just a 4S and higher option.

Except for the range and power changes the biggest change is in the PCM. And I have to say that I like the new PCM better. Don't think they have done any changes to the hardware, just the software. The latest build for the pre-facelift Taycan PCM is 3882. The build in the testcar I had was 4405. Hardware says H9J1035070CE and in my CT4 it says H9J1035070BC. So they might have done a small revision on the hardware in the facelift, but nothing major. So there is no reason for them not to bring these changes to the pre-facelift.

The changes in the ACC through of for a second. Don't think they will bring these changes to the pre-facelift since it would be muscle memory for most customers. And it's a but surprising they did change it.

The design is growing on me. I like the new front and the headlights. Attached some images of the car I tested.

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 2024-05-25 11.22.44

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 2024-05-25 11.22.53

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 2024-05-25 11.22.39

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 2024-05-25 11.22.59

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
I just fitted Hankook ION Evos to my 20s when I put the Summer wheels back on, not NF0 like the 19s and 21s, and so far appear to be +10% range compared to previous trips. Getting 3.1mi/kwh on a 120 mile round trip where I'd rarely seen better than 2.8 (that's 20kwh/100kms v 22) and I checked back through trips on the desktop app to confirm this.
Have a pretty definitive comparison now, if not wholly scientific. Holyhead to London, one year apart, did the last bit on the M40 in 2023 and M1 in 2024 so slightly different distances but same average speed. Only difference I would say is that it was a lot cooler this year, maybe 14c v 22c in 2023. Car fully laden down both times, 4 passengers, bikes on the back, roofbox, Great Dane in the boot you name it.

Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 1717494184699-nu

2023 Pirellis
Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 1717494412302-hu

2024 Hankooks
Porsche Taycan Some first impressions of new MY2025 Taycan test drive 1717494528120-97

I can’t think of any other change year on year apart from having 17k as opposed to 5k miles on the clock. Had the temperature been the same I think I’d have had 2.5 or even 2.6 this time.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
The design is growing on me. I like the new front and the headlights. Attached some images of the car I tested.

2024-05-25 11.22.59.jpg
I don't dislike the J.2, I just prefer the J.1 front end :). I'm watching my local dealer and hope to see a 2025 in person soon. The new Turbo and S front still looks wrong to me, though.

Coming from an Audi, the cruise control stalk definitely took some getting used to... and now Porsche is switching it back :facepalm:

Last edited: